Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

Where are you from? I live in Scottsburg. A.K.A Southern Indiana. :)

Seymour....work in Columbus.

Lol, it's a small world on the interwebz.

I live on the other side of Columbus in Brown County. Way small world indeed

You call that a small world. I saw one of my friends from school here in cincy, In Walt Disney World.

GamesAndRide, No "Its a small world" pun intended.

You think that's small? I once ran into a person I went to school with on a "Mike's Bike Tour" in Munich Germany.

Haha. I saw a kid from my school at Seaworld Orlando during last Fall.

so, that small upside down U shaped support lookin thingy in the back by CJ, is that actually a support put in place or is it just pieces? Cuz it looks to me like an acutal support but it's not been noted on an update yet so not sure :) I've circled which one I think it is based on comparison between a webcam image I saved yesterday and the track layout.... Disappointed that this week has brought almost no change and I have no clue what they're even doing now...

2ryk1hi.jpg

Thanks for the welcome guys! I love watching the progress.

Since they seem to be at a bit of a stall, how long do you think they will get before the weather becomes an issue....because this is Ohio and it's been far too calm of winters for the past few years. Or might they just keep going until Clifford Jr or Jenkins gets buried? Even if they finish the track, its not like they can run in in the winter.

• Like 2

If you look at Gatekeeper last winter- they worked through the snow and freezing temperatures up on the lake. So my guess is not much will stop 'em. I bet we will see a slow but steady pace through the winter. They wanted to get this much done so far to get the public even more interested. Remember too, once the track is done there are a LOT of electrical and mechanical parts that will need to be installed and tested along with the station and theming. It will be very fun watching this all come together in the upcoming months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This being the auditions weekend couldn't have anything to do with the slow down, could it?

I mean, they could still work, I guess, but there ARE random people going somewhat near the area.

Wonder what kind of talent construction workers would hire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my view of the area from the cam shows very little track/supports on site. What is is the valley appears to be lower track and I think they are builiding those supports but not putting up. They are just waiting on more track/supports and thus no visible progress.

I am curious if there is a construction plan available like was for Gatekeeper with dates. That would show if they are on schedule or not.

My guess is that they are doing ok.

Went by CSF. All we saw were four trailers, each covered with a tarp. Nothing exciting. No trespassing involved :)Posted Image

May i ask where this is? I kinda want to drive past it :P

EDIT: 50th Post :D

Out in Batavia. Don't know the name of the road it is on, just how to get there lol. For an actual address and directions, Google Clermont Steel Fabricators :) my fiancé grew up out there and knew how to get there, so that's how I learned how to get there :)

Photo of the loop surrounding Banshee's lift hill....

2nq3gk.jpg

(Photo taken by MasonBuzz)

The whole Banshee photo album taken by MasonBuzz, two days ago, can be found here..... http://masonbuzz.com/photos/album/72157637461402024/Banshee-construction.html

I still would like to know the reason the base of the loop is so far apart. It does not make sense.

My first thought was clearance, but that is not the issue. Otherwise all the ther inverted coasters would be wide like that.

e0b15s05f000lkrgef1340.jpg

h24p0g0i000g00ddas3jo8.jpg

a9n12s001llrgef134abc8.jpg

Even on B&M's most recent inverted coaster, OzIris, the base of the loop is not wide.

j9gghj4qno9eb000qr5o77.jpg

It is not because of the lift. Other B&M coasters loop around the lift and the are not that far apart.

Perhaps Don can answer why the base of the loop is so wide.

• Like 2

are we that bored now that we gotta "complain" or mention every oddity we don't like about this coaster?? WHO CARES if the width is seemingly wider than it is on other B&Ms..... it's gonna be awesome....

Besides, we don't know for sure it's wider until we have measured the width of the lift hill loops on all the other B&Ms :P

• Like 6