Backlot Stunt Coaster Experience 8/4/13

dwitb

Today, I had my first ever almost-rollback on the Backlot. The train reached the top and slowed, nearly stopped. I was pumped because I've yet to have a rollback on Top Thrill (I know - completely different experience) or even on Backlot. But the train slowly crested and down it went, in the right direction. Anyone else have the experience on Backlot?

• Like 4

That's one thing I've always wanted to experience but have not had the chance to. I really hope it eventually happens.

Luckily for me my youngest told me Backlot is his favorite. I see a lot of rides in my future. I'm bound to have my rollback, eventually.

I would had freaked out, thinking im gonna hit the train behind me. Another note, prob take alot of heavy people on the ride for that to happen.

More weight actually gives the train more momentum, which causes it to lose speed at a lower rate going up the helix hill, which makes it more likely to go over. A lighter train, with several children or even empty seats, will have far less momentum and is more likely than the heavy train to roll back. I know that seems counter-intuitive, but it's true.

• Like 1

I have one actual rollback "credit" on it. It was the end of 2006, closing night. Train launched, at the end of the launch run the LIMs shut off and the brakes grabbed at the back of the train right before it cleared the launch track, and we only made it about 2/3 up the helix.

• Like 1

I had a rollback experience last season during haunt. It was around 11:30ish, and we had rode maybe 6 or 7 times in a row. But anyways, we went through the launch, got to the top of the hill, and we had a rollback. We sat on the track for maybe 5-10 minutes until we were pushed back into the station. It was pretty awesome! It was definitely a unique experience! I've always been confused about that, too. How do you manage to pick up that much speed on a rollback through a launch section? Maybe that's a stupid question. :huh: