Curiosity

emileeee

I normally never, ever go to Kings Island during the weekend, but this past Saturday the company my dad drives a truck for had their "company day" at the park, and I went for a couple hours before work to ride The Beast and Diamondback with my dad.

I guess my question is... does the park operate differently on the weekends? When I handed the parking attendant my pass to park, she said "Make sure you keep this receipt, we won't let you scan your pass a second time," but every single time I've gone this season (about ten or so) they've let me scan my pass over and over again as I came and left. The park just seemed a bit more... strict? Is that the word I'm looking for? On the weekends than during the week.

The overwhelming amount of people that were at the park Saturday confirms why I just would rather be at work on the weekends anyway :rolleyes:

That's weird, I've been to the park several times this year (always a Saturday) and have never been given a receipt when I parked. I've handed the attendant my pass, and they just scan it, hand it back to me, and say "Have a nice day." I've never gotten a receipt. If that's something that they're supposed to do, then they've slacked off on the days I've went.

We've been given a receipt each time after handing a pass to be scanned, and were told to hold onto it in case we were coming back in later. It is odd to implement that for the parking lot but not the park, but I suppose they have a reason for doing so.

I've never been told this year that I need the receipt for re-entry (though i was last year). I leave the receipt in the car just in case. That said, I haven't left and re-entered the parking lot yet this year, so I have yet to test it either way.

So let me get this right. A season pass can now be scanned for readmission--no handstamp required--at the front gate, but NOT for re-entry to the parking lot?

Does that make ANY sense?

Nope. Completely backward from the way they did it two years ago. Makes no sense at all (though it probably makes dollars from those who forgot to keep the receipt).

• Like 1

So let me get this right. A season pass can now be scanned for readmission--no handstamp required--at the front gate, but NOT for re-entry to the parking lot?

Does that make ANY sense?

Is there a possibility that the systems are 2 different set-ups? Could just be a computer thing.

Kings Island prefers that you get your hand stamped for re-entry. The pass allows you 1 admission per day( or that's how it was explained to me). They rarely enforce this for season pass holders.

I have been explicitly told on several occasions this year by employees that season pass holders do not need handstamps at KI. On opening day, they had an employee (possibly a supervisor) walking up and down the long handstamp line repeatedly calling out that fact. And it would make more sense for them to prefer that you use your pass for re-entry because that allows them to track how often and when people leave the park and come back, which can give them insight into how many people are picnicking in the parking lot instead of buying food in the park, for example.

As for enforcing it, up until last year the computers enforced it by displaying a big red X on the screen when a pass was scanned for the second time in the same day, and when that big red X popped up, you were not allowed to enter. This year that function has been removed from KI's admissions computers so that the new policy can work.

Interestingly, this new use-pass-for-re-entry policy appears to be specific to KI. At CP in June, I was required to get my hand stamped for re-entry.

• Like 2