Scooby Let Me Down.

Stitch

I rode Scooby today and I liked the castle and they did a great job theming wise, but I did not like how they made the queue so small, the line was around the building past the exit and by international st, I also didn't like the guns I shot at the little swirls and nothing really happened : MAYBE I had a defective gun. I wasn't to thrilled to say the least but I love the OnRide PIC! ph34r.gif

• Like 1

Heres a tip. At the MIB ride at Universal Studios Orlando (also a shooting ride) there is a trick. Aim at targets farther away, because the way the lasers are set up, the beam spreads out the farther it goes. I don't know if it is the same with scooby, but there is a good chance it is.

• Like 1

I liked Scooby way more than Delirium..Delirium didnt thrill me at all if i want a thrill from now on i will ride Sob or The Beast but Delirium was good but not great...Scooby i loved i dont know what you guys aretalkin bout i enjoyed all the scenes while playing my final score was pretty high i cant remember my total score i was to much in awe over how the castle turned out..nope dane i gotta disagree w/ you i enjoyed all the sences you just cant concentrate on shooting you gotta lay low and have fun w/ it i didnt concentrate on shooting i enjoyed the sences more than anything....i love the Shaggy running away from the werewolf i think that is cool...so over in all i love how scooby turned out it blew me away i like it way more than Delirium....Delirium didnt impress me at all... well thats what i gotta say...later smile.gif

• Like 2

• 13 years later...
30 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I'm sure more people were disappointed when the Phantom Theater theming was removed and replaced with "Scooby."

I agree with you, Phantom Theater was a classic ride, I was just saying that more people prefer Scooby-Doo over Boo Blasters and more people would agree that Phantom Theater was best overall.

• Like 3

I think that when Phantom was removed it was so the park could get rid of the massive expenses of Phantom. They went the cheap way with Scooby in 2003 and has been deteriorating ever since. I loved Scooby as a kid as I did Phantom and I do think that when Phantom was changed, it was a much more disappointing change then Boo Blasters from Scooby. Scooby and Boo are almost identical and never will reach the level of Phantom Theater. MaestroJr  

• Like 3

Yes, Scooby Doo was a downgrade from Phantom Theater as its approach was to minimize the theming and make it simpler (and cheaper?) to maintain.  However, even though Scooby Doo and Boo Blasters are almost identical, Boo Blasters comes across as way worse because of it's total lack of a recognizable theme, and a story/plot that is almost non-existent. 

Even though the props and theming within Scooby Doo was simpler, at least it had some appeal with it's recognizable characters and story.  I think this helped to create some kind of connection between the ride and the rider.  In my opinion, there is no connection that exists today.  Everything is so scaled back and "generic" that, for me anyway, there is nothing that excites me or appeals to me about riding the ride except the fact that it's KI's only dark ride.  That's it.

Here's hoping something is done to improve that space very, VERY soon.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
21 hours ago, WWC2003Amy said:

We just rode Boo Blasters on boo hill. This ride feels very tired. No ride sound, Blasters barely work, ride was very squeaky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in there last weekend and every gun worked. Not sure what you mean by no sound and "squeaky".

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bjcolglazier said:

Every time my wife says, "my gun doesn't work!" I give her mine, and take hers...and then light up the scoreboard!  I can't remember the last time I had a gun that "didn't work".  Granted...it could happen.  I guess...lol.

This. I've never actually had a non-functional blaster. I think the people that complain about that just don't know how to aim or are terrible at aiming, which in some cases may come down to not knowing how to hold the blaster properly for the most accurate aim (it's the same concept as holding a handgun, if you've ever taken a gun safety course or concealed carry course, just without the recoil).

• Like 3

I did notice the last handful of times I rode this year that when I would shoot a target, often it would respond in the way it always does when hit (light goes off, it moves however is usual for that target) but my score wouldn't go up. My gun was working but something was wrong in the system. I rode enough earlier in the season to know what was a typical score for me, that decreased by about a third on average after whatever changed and I noticed hit targets not scoring. 

I really hope it gets some love if it isn't going to be replaced. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, WWC2003Amy said:

As in no music at all. I remember there being music

Maybe in the Scooby-Doo version. I just don't recall music in the current version. I know there's sound effects and voices. 

I will say this year has been one of the best years for Boo Blasters in terms of working consistently. The balding man that used to be Shaggy always was running in circles everytime I went in (which had been a problem in the past). Two weekends ago I scored 1380. Which is above the highest ranking (can't think of the title).

• Like 2

I can confidently say I've had guns (blasters) that didn't work.  I've ridden this ride every single season since it was converted to a blaster-type ride as Scooby-Doo.  I can usually rack up a pretty high score, however, there are times when I can shoot at everything and nothing happens.  The props don't respond and no points are added to my score.  It's not that I don't know what I'm doing or that I don't know how to aim, believe me.  There have been times that I've tried every single gun in the car and can't get anything to work.  Perhaps it's just a problem with the system and not with the blasters themselves.  Regardless, I can confidently say that there is the occasional ride where nothing seems to work.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/8/2018 at 7:29 PM, Joshua said:

I could see an Enchanted Voyage that takes you through the various Peanut specials. 

I like that idea, I think they should get rid of the game aspect of the ride and go back being just a dark ride but not with cheap cutouts but with actual animatronics like the Phantom Theater had.

• Like 2