Worst roller coaster you've ever ridden.

KIRules!

I've only ever ridden the best coasters, so this qualifies as the "worst of the best" in my opinion: Flight of Fear. I mean it's a cool concept, and the launch is fun (to watch), but not being able to see where I'm going is something I'm not much of a fan of, so I've never been able to enjoy the experience. It's one I've ridden so that I could say I rode it. One time. 2004. That is all.

Where are you riding? any of the first few cars on Flight of Fear...I see....just fine.

Heck, after the launch...I see EVERYTHING in the front car of FOF

Superman: Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure

Vortex at Carowinds

Gatekeeper

Is Gatekeeper rough?? Not been on it yet. Hoping to go September 28th

It's not rough at all. In my experiences there is just a slight vibration at the bottoms of hills and elements, especially in the outer seats, but I've bared even noticed it. Some people claim they get a splitting headache after riding, but I find it to even be smoother than Millennium Force.

• Like 3

Superman: Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure

Vortex at Carowinds

Gatekeeper

Is Gatekeeper rough?? Not been on it yet. Hoping to go September 28th

It's not rough at all. In my experiences there is just a slight vibration at the bottoms of hills and elements, especially in the outer seats, but I've bared even noticed it. Some people claim they get a splitting headache after riding, but I find it to even be smoother than Millennium Force.

It isn't rough at all. It's boring (in my opinion) and the restraint hurts my collarbones.

It isn't rough at all. It's boring (in my opinion) and the restraint hurts my collarbones.

Yes, Gatekeeper is slow, forceless and boring. There is nothing even remotely thrilling about that ride.

Glad I'm not alone in considering GateSleeper boring.

• Like 1

Yes, Gatekeeper is slow, forceless and boring. There is nothing even remotely thrilling about that ride.

I haven't ridden it, but I don't get how it's boring. I know a POV doesn't convey how thrilling it is, but there's a 164ft drop with 6 inversions at speeds close to 70mph, while hanging off the sides of the track. It's really disappointing that such a good sounding idea doesn't work out as well as planned.

In defense of my earlier statement about Maverick...

Before I had first ridden Maverick, everyone I had heard had said that Maverick was this amazing, unique, and incomparably wonderful ride close to on par with Millennium Force. The first time I rode it, it was alright, but I couldn't help bot experience some disappointment as the ride was most certainly not what it was hyped up to be. It just reminded me of an extended, uncomfortable version of Backlot Stunt Coaster.

Since then, I've ridden it two more times and to be honest I have no desire to ride it ever again, partly due to the fact that it frequently has (from my experience) at least a fifteen minute wait during ERT. Thanks, but I'll pass.

So yes. Maverick is a disappointing ride to me.

Although Time Warp is certainly worse.

I haven't ridden it, but I don't get how it's boring. I know a POV doesn't convey how thrilling it is, but there's a 164ft drop with 6 inversions at speeds close to 70mph, while hanging off the sides of the track. It's really disappointing that such a good sounding idea doesn't work out as well as planned.

You can make any concept boring when you engineer the trains to traverse the excessively drawn-out elements slower than molasses travelling uphill in January.

• Like 1

I know everyone is talking coasters, but Flight Commander at KI was horrible and the restraints did not hold me in that well. I will never forget turning upside down and my legs were hanging over my head completely out of the leg restraints. The OTSR is the only thing that saved me.

Forgot to say Flight of Fear when it had over the harness restraints. Opening year it beat my ears up.

Yes I agree with you Flight of Fear opening year with the OTS restraints was horrible, got off the ride with lots neck and head pain, but SOB is the worse coaster by far never liked it before or after the removal of the loop.

I've only ever visited Holiday World, Kings Island, and Cedar Point. And my least favorite coasters have to be either Legend at Holiday World or Adventure Express at KI.

Legend just simply beats the tar out of you. I am a great fan of airtime, but laterals really don't get me all that excited. And Legend is lateral heaven. Its a shame that its not my cup of tea. To me, it just beats the tar out of my ribs and hips. Its one of the only coasters that I am ready for it to be over. If anyone has any tips, please tell me because I visit Holiday World extremely frequently.

And Adventure Express is just an easy pick. Its very boring. Absolutely forceless. And IMO overrated. Mine rides aren't very thrilling to me.

• Like 1

I don't think it's boring or forceless at all. Heck, it's my 2nd favorite coaster at the park. Let me give everyone a rundown in case you haven't been on it, or so those of you who don't like the ride know why I love it.

For those of you who complain the restraints hurt your collarbones (previously myself included), there is a simple way to avoid this problem once and for all. All you have to do is before the train leaves the station, hold onto the OTSRs about shoulder level just as you would the chains of a swing. Keep between 1-2 inches between your chest and the restraint and hold onto them like this for the entire ride. You won't have a problem if you do this.

It also has a very short line in the early evening. On my last visit, it only had a 10 minute wait around 6 pm. Don't go on it at the start of the day, since most people see it at the front of the park and go to it immediately, creating a long line. Even when the line is long it moves very quickly. You're hardly ever standing still. This thing is a people eater, and I love that about it.

I think it's pretty forceful, especially at the bottoms of the hills and the helix. I'm sure if you marathoned it a lot, you'd start to feel the effects of all those G's. I also find the ride to be extremely fun. The wingover drop is unlike anything I've ever experienced and it's my favorite part of the ride. If you're sitting in the front right you slowly roll over and are just hanging below the track. All you see is the ground below you and the only thing saving you from falling out is the OTSR. It's a crazy feeling. With the front left you slowly get lifted up and flipped over. It's a very different experience on the left side from the right but is also fun. In the back right, like in the front right, you get pulled under the track, but since the train has already gained momentum, you get pulled under pretty fast. I can't really describe the feeling, but it's fun. Lastly, my favorite place to sit, the back left, is absolutely amazing. The feeling of weightlessness and pure awesomeness (can't describe it any other way) as you get pulled over the drop is great.

The keyholes provide a nice effect, and it's fun flying over the front gate. Besides the wing over drop, my next favorite part of the ride is the 2nd front gate flyover. You get more head/foot chopper effects by flying past the keyholes. Plus since this inversion is slow and more drawn out (which I actually like in this case), you feel like you're floating and falling out of your seat. Then if you're in the back, you get some more nice airtime as you pull out of the inversion before heading up into the MCBR.

I love Gatekeeper, and I think the park couldn't have done a better job with it. It has an awesome capacity, it opened the views of the beach, transformed the main entrance, and gave the park a new coaster. I couldn't have been happier with it, I'll be riding it for years to come, and I'll definitely be sure to go on it every visit I take to CP. And if you don't like it, that just means there will be less people waiting in line for it :)

• Like 4

The worst for me would be Mean Streak, that was kind of expected though. The worst based on my expectations going in is Rip, Ride, Rockit at Universal. It certainly looks like a lot of fun but it was terribly rough and although the Norwegian Loop was a cool element the rest was pretty boring and the 17 (slight exaggeration) MCBRs don't exactly help the pacing.

Well, my visit to Six Flags Great Adventure was back in 2000, before they had a lot of their bigger rides. On that list, a certain coaster was around which I had the major misfortune of riding. For all those who think Shockwave of Kings Dominion is bad, to me, it pales in awfulness compared to the real Togo death machine, Viper.

The thing was a claustrophobe's worst nightmare. The restraints were constricting, the supporting rings made for non-stop head chop affects, and every time it made a transition, nothing but pain ensued. It had a horrible jackhammer as well.

• Like 1