Worst roller coaster you've ever ridden.

KIRules!

Farenheight @ Hershey Park that is the only coaster other than SOB that has beat the crap outta me! I'm not sure if it was just where I sat on the train? There's a few areas on the circuit that needs attention for sure!

The Dark Knight at Great Advencha.

Awful. Beyond awful.

To which I (kinda) reply:

And yet I loved that thing.

Go figure.

Haha, I kinda-sorta liked TDK at SFGAdv (though I thought the coaster was inappropriately tame for the theme). I'm just honestly curious--what didn't you like about it?

• Like 2

I thought it was very comfortable, lol. The seats were very nicely padded. It honestly was like sitting in a La-Z-Boy recliner, IMO.

In fact, I thought the Woodstock Express at Carowinds was by far the roughest coaster in the park. Certainly not as well-kept as KI's version. I believe that as of 2012, the "Do not stand up" sign still had "Da Rules" on it, indicating that it was never fully de-themed from the Fairly Odd Coaster.

EDIT: Referring to Carowinds Hurler again.

• Like 2

The Dark Knight at Great Advencha.

Awful. Beyond awful.

To which I (kinda) reply:

And yet I loved that thing.

Go figure.

Haha, I kinda-sorta liked TDK at SFGAdv (though I thought the coaster was inappropriately tame for the theme). I'm just honestly curious--what didn't you like about it?

It'd be easier to list things I did like about it (nothing).

I thought it was basically a wild mouse version of Disaster Transport. The building was an eyesore from the outside, with the inside being even worse. No props or visible theming were on when I was on it, and it was just an awful experience.

The Coney Island Cyclone in New York City. I've never been on a more uncomfortable and painfully rough ride. SOB was at the top (er, bottom?) before riding the Cyclone.

I bought 2 tickets so that I could ride it twice, but ended up giving the 2nd away because it was so bad.

I saw the brilliance of the layout and was glad to experience it and say, "I survived", but either the upkeep is really bad, or it's just not the coaster for me. Or my wife. Or my brother. Or my brother's girlfriend. Or the other 2 people who came with us that day. All hated it.

Last summer. There was a drop, I think the second one, where you could visibly see everyone jolt as the train seemed to jump up and down really quickly. We even took a video off ride where you could see it. That was probably the worst part. But it seemed that the bottom of every hill was a jackhammer. I don't remember if it was a wheel seat or not.

I haven't ridden many coasters, but I'm really hesitant to go on The Racer again. It is just a bit too rough for me.

...Plus my lapbar restraint somehow tightened one notch furter than it was supposed to in the middle of the ride. Never had that happen before. There are certain circumstances in which I would welcome something pressing that hard on my thighs, but in the middle of The Racer is not one of those circumstances.

• Like 1

The Coney Island Cyclone in New York City. I've never been on a more uncomfortable and painfully rough ride. SOB was at the top (er, bottom?) before riding the Cyclone.

I bought 2 tickets so that I could ride it twice, but ended up giving the 2nd away because it was so bad.

I saw the brilliance of the layout and was glad to experience it and say, "I survived", but either the upkeep is really bad, or it's just not the coaster for me. Or my wife. Or my brother. Or my brother's girlfriend. Or the other 2 people who came with us that day. All hated it.

I have to agree. Nostalgia and historical significance aside - the Brooklyn Coney Island Cyclone was one heck of an awful ride when I rode 4 years ago. Eeeeeouch - I tried 3 different places in the train - none was any less uncomfortable.

That having been said, I've ridden some doozies - some barely standing, some with duct-taped restraints (Looping Star at Beech Bend), some with seats missing, some with crooked lifts etc etc etc. Many I took one ride on only to "check them off" I figured surviving once was pushing my luck. The old Williams Grove coaster was pretty bad. The old multi-looper at SFGAm had a horrific transition into the mid-course breakes that would nearly break your neck. The Dipper at Camden always seemed as though it could fall at any minute. Sky Princess at Dutch Wonderland was a long drive for a coaster you could take a nap on. Snzzzzzzzzz. Hercules at Dorney was baaaaaaad. The Boss at SFStL rode like it had gravel all over the tracks.

Oh, if you count those horrible Toboggan rides as coasters - well my last turn on one was, well, my last. Those are deathtraps!

Finally, once upon a time, the infamous Terpy and I were at Indiana Beach with some other folks when "Lost Coaster Of Superstition Mountain" reopened. He coined a description about that ride that I still laugh at. He described the experience as being as much fun as "Getting pushed over the side of a cliff in a shopping cart!" Remember that Terpy? Classic!

• Like 5

I thought it was basically a wild mouse version of Disaster Transport. The building was an eyesore from the outside, with the inside being even worse. No props or visible theming were on when I was on it, and it was just an awful experience.

That's a fair assessment, although I will suggest that you may have hit it on a bad day when it comes to the theming. Not that I'm assuming that it would do much for you; I'm just saying is all. At least as of last August, several pieces and lighting fixtures were working, although I don't know how much theming the ride originally opened with to compare. As much as I like it when parks bother to add a preshow to rides, I'm inclined to believe that all the effects working would still do nothing to convey an actual story for the ride. And oy, does that building ever stick out at Great Adventure.

Out of curiosity, have you been on the one at Great America? It seemed like a wilder ride to me, though the theming wasn't doing quite as well as it was in my experience at GAdv. I also didn't notice the building as much, though I loathe its placement in the New Orleans-themed section of the park.

• Like 1

I suppose I discussed the Hurler without a discussion about my own personal worst ride. And that's hard to answer with one answer, so I'll have to justify something with a ride I like.

For me, I have literally never ridden a coaster that I found completely unenjoyable. All of the coasters I've ridden have some aspect that I can say something positive about.

That having been said, I CAN tell you my worst coaster-riding moment. Fan of Arrow that I am, it was very heartbreaking for me when I crested the lift hill on Phantom's Revenge and saw those beautiful, wonderful, square-ish Arrow cross-ties transition to those ugly, round, flimsy-looking Morgan ones. I ADORE Phantom's Revenge, but I love Arrow Loopers more, and I do wish Phantom's Revenge could have existed without the loss of an Arrow.

And for those who haven't been to Kennywood since 2009, yes, only the brake run to the top of the lift is Arrow. The track from the top of the lift to where the Arrow Track formerly ended has since been Morganized. The scaffolding-style Arrow supports are still present in these parts, however. It is quite strange and heartbreaking to see Morgan track on top of those beautiful Arrow supports.

Ignoring the ride's history and judging only by experience, however, Phantom's Revenge is my second favorite coaster over 200 feet (which, in Phantom's case, sparks another interesting debate entirely ;))

• Like 1

I haven't ridden many coasters, but I'm really hesitant to go on The Racer again. It is just a bit too rough for me.

...Plus my lapbar restraint somehow tightened one notch furter than it was supposed to in the middle of the ride. Never had that happen before. There are certain circumstances in which I would welcome something pressing that hard on my thighs, but in the middle of The Racer is not one of those circumstances.

Ride the middle row in the back of the red train (second from last row). I have sat in every seat on both trains this season, that's the one you want.

That's a fair assessment, although I will suggest that you may have hit it on a bad day when it comes to the theming. Not that I'm assuming that it would do much for you; I'm just saying is all. At least as of last August, several pieces and lighting fixtures were working, although I don't know how much theming the ride originally opened with to compare. As much as I like it when parks bother to add a preshow to rides, I'm inclined to believe that all the effects working would still do nothing to convey an actual story for the ride. And oy, does that building ever stick out at Great Adventure.

Out of curiosity, have you been on the one at Great America? It seemed like a wilder ride to me, though the theming wasn't doing quite as well as it was in my experience at GAdv. I also didn't notice the building as much, though I loathe its placement in the New Orleans-themed section of the park.

I have not been to Great America. There was no theming inside of the building during the ride. It was all preshow.

Psyclone was one of my favorite wooden coasters. It had incredible pacing, beautiful scenery and was the final wooden coaster I needed to complete riding all US wooden coasters when I first rode it.

It will always be special to me.

As for Blazing Fury, you won't find it on rcdb. It is one of my favorite rides as well.

• Like 2