What did you think about GateKeeper?

YoungStud

Do include Cedar Fair employees to that list, BB1, who knows a few. I cannot give an honest review but I have heard different reviews on the coaster, ranging from great to terrible, ask me when I go to Cedar Point for the first time.

Rode it Monday for the first time and I have to say it was just ok! Fun but force less and the vests don't allow for any airtime! It's a cool addition but just like mantis or raptor it will be one of my last coaster picks after Mille, Maverick, Magnum, TTD and Twister!

• Like 1

Absolutely loved Gatekeeper especially the keyhole barrel rolls and the second inversion. My only feedback is the pinching feeling in my chest that I sometimes feel during the last part of the ride although I don't think it is as bad as the beginning of the season. And even on busy days I have never waited longer than 45 minutes. It seems like a great capacity ride even with Fast Lane.

• Like 2

Well maybe I'm in the minority here but I thought the ride was fantastic. It is a big ride that is "family friendly" or less forceful so the general public can ride it multiple times. My wife cannot ride many rides multiple times but she could do this one 3-5 times before having to get off. She also says that this ride was her favorite in the park. I would say its probably 4th or 5th best in the park for me (Its hard to top MF, TTD, Maverick) but I truly think this was an outstanding addition to the park. The ride has drawn out elements for less force and very little airtime but the keyholes, speed, and sheer look of the ride make up for what it lacks. For those who have trouble with the restraints, You should adjust your posture. Sit upright with your shoulders back against the seat instead of leaning forward and the harness will not dig into your collarbone. If you sit upright it allows the harness to restrict at the chest like it is designed to to instead of your collarbone/shoulders.

Lastly what makes this ride an amazing addition to CP is the location. Imagine your first trip to an amusement park as a kid and you come up to the gates for tickets or entering after a long boring road trip with the family and you see Gatekeeper flipping through the keyholes with people screaming their heads off. What an amazing sight! I was taken back by the placement of the ride and immediately thought this is a must ride. I believe that this was the reaction the CP/CF wanted with the addition of Gatekeeper. A good ride with a fantastic location and I believe they hit the nail on the head with Gatekeeper.

• Like 11

Gatekeeper has been one of the best additions to the park. I don't understand all the hate that it gets. Everyone complains its too slow because they have such high expectations with all the launched coasters in the park. The ride is beautiful and is a very unique experience.

• Like 2

It's a great ride, it's unique, and what it did for the beach/entrance/ect. is remarkable

Thrill wise however, other than the first drop, I actually don't care for the rest. The Zero G roll, there's nothing there, the camelback, no airtime for me, not even floater. Those are my only disappointments, it doesn't deliver what I want out of a high thrill ride, like say Magnum or Maverick. However, it is the smoothest ride I've ever ridden, even moreso than Millie, and that's a feat. My first ride was just glass. Also I will say, it's not worth a three hour wait if it's full queues. I would wait about maybe 1.5hrs at max, and that's it. Maverick, I'd wait all day for a back row/front row seat.

• Like 1

I think it's a good ride, its doesn't feel like your riding a coaster, just gliding through the air. I love the first drop, the keyhole elements, and the placing is perfect for the park. Yea it doesn't have a lot of g's, but i don't think wing riders are meant to pull hard g's like the raptor does at the end. i never had a problem with the restraints but my friend did, i dunno.

Its placement on the peninsula doesn't change the way people think about the park. It's going to stick out wherever it may have been placed. Gatekeeper is right on top of the front gate, and that's what people will remember because it's unique. There's nothing unique about where Dragster sits.

Have never been to CP so I haven't been on it. If it is anything like Wild Eagle, I would enjoy the fun and smooth ride though.

I haven't been on Wild Eagle, but from what I have heard Gatekeeper is much more thrilling.

Wild Eagle is also boring. Great views, but nothing else.

• Like 2

It's a great ride, it's unique, and what it did for the beach/entrance/ect. is remarkable

Thrill wise however, other than the first drop, I actually don't care for the rest. The Zero G roll, there's nothing there, the camelback, no airtime for me, not even floater. Those are my only disappointments, it doesn't deliver what I want out of a high thrill ride, like say Magnum or Maverick. However, it is the smoothest ride I've ever ridden, even moreso than Millie, and that's a feat. My first ride was just glass. Also I will say, it's not worth a three hour wait if it's full queues. I would wait about maybe 1.5hrs at max, and that's it. Maverick, I'd wait all day for a back row/front row seat.

I couldn't of said it better myself. The way it makes the entrance look is just astounding. I enjoyed the key hole squeeze, as I like to call it, but I agree with some that the excitement is just that of a gentle coaster. Great look to the park though, family friendly was the key. They hit it right on the head.

• Like 1

TTD is just the tall phallic object that either you love or you don't

Biggest attraction at CP that made a big difference depends on your era & your coaster preference. I say Millie put CP on the map for me, when you heard about it as a kid...giant woah, even before I ever went to CP. People before my era probably would say Maggie put CP on the map

• Like 4