Next to go?

canobie#1

Congo falls and invertiblow in favor of a intamin aquatrax.

invertiblow? is that a new ride? and why get rid of it, it seems odd getting rid of a new ride. now me being serious, say the correct name of the ride, or a name it had at least. i realized how annoying and stupid sounding when people "rename" rides (example. diamondstack,inveriblow,ect.)

now on to the question, i think that i'd go with drummerkid and say that flight deck or Vortex, but both rides still have some years left before they get too old and should be removed.

Flight Deck, Vortex, or Invertigo.

Arrow does not exist so parts for FD and Vortex will be hard to keep up with and maintain. Plus the shelf life on those rides are anywhere from 20-35 years according to engineering statistics.

Vekoma has not made a ride in years it seems like so same thing goes for Invertigo. We might even see Firehawk go later on in like 10 years if Vekoma goes out of the market.

Arrow does not exist so parts for FD and Vortex will be hard to keep up with and maintain. Plus the shelf life on those rides are anywhere from 20-35 years according to engineering statistics.

Vekoma has not made a ride in years it seems like so same thing goes for Invertigo. We might even see Firehawk go later on in like 10 years if Vekoma goes out of the market.

A: Arrow Dynamics was bought out from bankruptcy by S&S Power, and the new company kept producing a replacement line for all Arrow models (likely for the revenue it brings them.)

B: That Vekoma talk is nonsense. They're an active company in the market and have manufactured many coasters for parks within the last two years.

My main point is this: Vekoma nor Arrow have disappeared by any means.

• Like 5

I can't imagine the park getting rid of anything else in the next 5 years. My theory is that the new attraction will bring more people to that area of the park and therefore to Flight Deck. An increase in ridership on FD will mean there is no reason to remove it, as it is still a great ride! I also just can't imagine a KI without Vortex... then again I couldn't imagine KI without King Cobra. le sigh

• Like 6

:(

The Eiffel Tower as an observation platform. I feel like it's getting close to retiring to the status of "scenery," which if it happened, it would kill much of the depth of the park for me. I don't think it will happen, at least anytime soon, so I'll enjoy it as much as I can while it lasts (as I did the Flyers, 'Tiques, SDATHC, Action Theater, Festhaus Clock, The Grand Carousel Band Organ, Tumblebug, Skylab, Tomb Raider, HBL, Bayern Kurve, Skyride, Backwards Racer,................

• Like 2

I can't think of any thing that would go out anytime soon. Some things I would most like to see go are:

Firehawk- The terrible capacity just isn't worth it. Replace it with another coaster or more flats/ facilities to make X-Base an official area.

One or more slide complexes at Soak City- We need new ones! AquaLoop, anyone?

Boo Blasters- It was fun with Shaggy and Scooby, but now it's lame. It needs a drastic re-theme.

• Like 4

As I said in another post, S&S bought Arrow when they went bankrupt years ago, so it's highly unlikely that there would be a shortage of parts for FD or Vortex (or, for that matter, Adventure Express) anytime soon.

• Like 1

I think if flight deck becomes bat its safe to say its staying what else could the put back there?

Also I really don't see another water ride leaving they will keep the 3 they have for a while to come: The only thing I was thinking could they add on to congo falls possibly?

I don't really see any of the rides leaving anytime soon. The only reason rides who get the ax is they become unsafe or they become impossible to repair due to lack of parts just because the coaster company is gone does not mean they get a part made elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Invertigo I guess could easily be moved to a small Cedar Fair park that needs it, since Banshee coming.

However what is the next project a Retheme for Action Zone? and more flats for the area?

Time will tell the hopes are great, removing rides is never my favorite part of this great site, however really timberwolf you have to wonder a huge coaster in that area all the way out to the parking lot.

Maybe a 2nd gate for great wolf?

I dunno why everyone is so eager to see something go!! I don't care for Delirium, but, I'm not looking for it to go either! Everyone is different and has their own preferences. I think KI has a great assortment of rides, for every guests liking. I promise to fully love my KI and every ride there, whether I ride it or not.

• Like 8