Flight Deck to become the Bat?

canobie#1

The Cedar Fair conference call was today and Matt Ouimet talked about how parks would be expanding. He mentioned Kings Island, then went on to say that parks would be seeing expanded family rides, water park expansions, revamping of classic attractions, and an "interactive, innovative dark ride that would set a new industry standard."

Flight Deck becoming The Bat would definitely be revamping of a classic attraction.

• Like 12

And I could see the dark ride going to Cedar Point next year.

Whether or not CP gets a dark ride next year or Flight Deck becomes The Bat, I love what Ouimet has already done as well as his vision for the future. I believe he is the best thing that has ever happened to CF.

• Like 11

If the stickers were suddenly removed and not peeled off, then that may be an indication of a retheme.

Also, if Flight Deck's queue sign is gone, it means nothing, as Club Blood uses its sign post and part of its queue line. Flight Deck's queue line is redirected through its exit.

• Like 1

I think a retheme would be really neat, but in reality I don't see that happening. Le sigh.

On a side note, I gotta say this is going to be pretty wild having an old Arrow Suspended coaster nearby a brand new B&M invert.

Two generations of suspended type coasters from different times and designers sitting pretty close to one another.

This will be a unique sight!

• Like 2

Why would the addition of a coaster (on the other side of the park) mean a reliable people eater would be going away?

It seems that with every ride, everyone is always afraid that Vortex is leaving. It may leave one day. But that day wont be dictated by the addition of a ride in another part of the park. Vortex's demise will come when it becomes to expensive to keep up with limited rider ship. As long as its dispatching cars that are half full or more and continues to have limited down time, I would guess we would have Vortex for a few more years....

• Like 1

Where is the station exactly located in Action Zone? or more closer to Oktoberfest:

They could remodel / redo/ reconstruct Oktoberfest/Action Zone as a evil spirit area that over took an amusement park?

Banshee01_8x10_300dpi.jpg

Weighing in on this: I think that by renaming Flight Deck to The Bat, there would be be a merchandise boom, it could go really nicely with the Banshee, and repainting it bright orange and black would go well with the new bright color scheme that has seemed to take place in Action Zone with Invertigo and now Banshee. Maybe a possible renaming of the area to something like Adventure Village.

• Like 1

I really like the idea of this! Formerly Top Gun will regain some popularity, a new paint job might be coming to the coaster and I can stop worrying about it being removed from the park!

If they paint it, it has to stick around. I mean look at King Cobra!

King Cobra was removed, not too long after a painting. That said, if they do a heavy re-theme, I don't see the ride going anywhere in the forseeable future.

It does look very, very sad now, even though it was painted only a few seasons ago.

Thank you for providing the information that I did not know in a friendly manner Bennett. :)

Testy testy. All in good fun, kids. No reason to go underlinin' words to prove a point. Just having some fun.

And no, I wasn't trying to win the Internet.

If I'm being honest I am only more annoyed by your follow up response. You seem to be taking yourself too seriously for me to go along with your brand of "fun". You might be surprised what a little self-deprecation from time to time can do for your overall image. You got to be able to take it if you want to dish it out. You are not the only member on here that I would say this to. I'm not going to think any less of you if you're not right everytime. Most of the people on here know more about amusement parks than I do and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I ask those who read this to consider the message, but Please DO NOT "Like This" Post.

• Like 1

If a re-theme did happen and since the walk back there is pretty long for such a short ride, I think the walk could be made more interesting with Bat theme related decor to help heighten the excitement for what lay ahead. Add some lighting effects for eve/night treks back there. I just see so much potential to liven up that area and help give such an underrated coaster a little love.

Even if none of this happens, its still a lot of fun to use your imagination.

• Like 1

I love the idea of changing it to The Bat myself, but I bet the marketing and PR department would be spending a lot of time explaining that this was not the original Bat that killed people in the 80's.

I had someone just yesterday say they missed The Bat and hated they had to take it out because someone was killed on it. :wacko:

If a re-theme did happen and since the walk back there is pretty long for such a short ride, I think the walk could be made more interesting with Bat theme related decor to help heighten the excitement for what lay ahead. Add some lighting effects for eve/night treks back there. I just see so much potential to liven up that area and help give such an underrated coaster a little love.

Or a nice long walk through a long, air-conditioned "cave" to the platform.

• Like 5

Or a nice long walk through a long, air-conditioned "cave" to the platform.

Bingo.

• Like 1

I don't remember The Bat killing anyone in the 1980s.

I don't either and have never saw any such evidence, but it seems in Indiana that a death is the reason for its removal.

2 in a lake, 1 on flight commander, 1 on the Eiffel Tower

No deaths from The Bat, just a lot of down time

That is what I thought as well!

Here's my thought. You walk down the steps and you walk through a cave where the American flag is. You come out and you see posters of the original Bat. Black supports would hold the track which would be either orange to make it spooky, or red to mimic the original Bat. The trains have Bat Cars and the station is tricked out to look like a barn or an old shed.

• Like 2