Flight Deck to become the Bat?

canobie#1

The main reason why KI would NOT rename FC as "The Bat" might be because of the stigma that the name carries. The Bat was notorious for being closed far more often than it was open.

Other than for "heritage" purposes, what motivation would they have to call it that with such a connotation?

It's now been thirty years since The Bat was removed though. If Flight Deck was renamed, I don't think most guests would realize that it's simply a recycled name used for a defunct coaster. Instead, it'd be a new name and a new theme that would tie the coaster into the "spooky" theme being presented with Banshee. If the park really wanted, they could sanction off the end of Action Zone into its own section, similar to what was done with X-Base and Coney Mall.

• Like 5

http://cf.wddnsweb2.wddonline.net/_upload/pressreleases/082613%20-%20charlotte%20investment.pdf

Well, the $50 million over the next three years will include the $30 million 300 ft roller coaster wouldn't you agree? And mine was clearly stated as a guess and not a statement of fact, much like your guess of a 100 ft tall observation tower. But if it's not 2015, it'll be 2016 based on what Cedar fail themselves have released or told the city council.

I would just be weary right now...I don't see CF just coming out and saying, hey we're doing a 300ft coaster here and there...Then they wouldn't be able to build hype around it by noone really knowing..

Also IMO, Intimidator is good enough, I'm surprised they're going w/ a 300 footer, I could see alot of other rides taking the place than a new coaster like that. Ah well, just me though

There was a death on Flight Deck during its Top Gun years in 2003 there was a mother and her child and the child begged the mom to go on. The mom had a heart condition and died during the ride. I worked on the ride the next day and heard all about it. (Now i could of been fed a line of b*ll and I will fully admit that)

If they rename the ride I personally would like it to be named the Raven, with all black track and supports, Maybe even black trains Just a thought. I do agree that renaming it The Bat is a bad idea.

• Like 1

There was a death on Flight Deck during its Top Gun years in 2003 there was a mother and her child and the child begged the mom to go on. The mom had a heart condition and died during the ride. I worked on the ride the next day and heard all about it. (Now i could of been fed a line of b*ll and I will fully admit that)

Total bs...they fooled ya

Yep, you were fed a line of bull.

thedevariouseffect and jcgoble3, don't be so quick to assume - a woman did indeed die after riding Top Gun in 2003. It was a 34-year-old mother and she passed due to pre-existing conditions.

http://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/woman-dies-of-heart-attack-on-pkis-top-gun

• Like 5

I don't know if this has been covered or not, but to further add to the speculation that FD is being re-themed to The Bat, all the jet theming has been stripped from the ride now.... Anyone know anything about that? I have photos for proof but can't upload them right now bc I am at KI and get almost no reception/data because of the crowd.

I rode it today and the flight deck tape was indeed removed from the brake run. As for logos on the train, I wasn't really paying attention, but aren't they removed every year? Also of note, the line was the longest I've seen it in a long time. At about 3 it was stretched back to before going down the steps.

• Like 2

And if Don sees this and moves the camera tomorrow to remove Flight Deck from the frame, I will 1) blame you and 2) guess that its actually going to happen.

(Now watch him move it tomorrow for no other reason than to mess with me....)

• Like 6

Jet theming as in...? Is the flight deck tape removed from the brake run? Have the logos been removed from the trains?

I can Confirm that there was No Flight deck Decals on any car of the 2 trains that were running on Sunday. Also, Yes indeed, the landing strip tape has been removed on the brake run..