BANSHEE: The Poll

McSalsa

Well, this is simple. Kings Island has unleashed the plans for the new-for-2014 coaster, Banshee. What is your reaction? It is very simple, actually...just pick where you are on the list above. Comments also welcome.

Enjoy the poll. If you dislike this poll, click back.

For info on the new ride...

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/Banshee#&panel1-1

I'm seriously impressed.

I mean, look at that! All those inversions - the hill going through the first loop - not reaching full speed until halfway through the ride?!

I think I'm in love. :wub:

I just hope there'll be a media day open to enthusiasts like Gatekeeper. That was tonnes of fun!

• Like 9

A couple of things I would like to say:

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!

I had a feeling it was going to be Banshee but Kings Island just knocked it out of the park! The worlds longest inverted coaster at 68 miles per hour!! Blue and purple! A zero-g-roll, people!!! The station just looks sick, as well as the logo and the track layout. This is just an overall perfect coaster. Now I know why they took the water tower out. I've never seen so many people hype this as much as they did tonight in Action Zone. The cars look incredible! B&M is just an amazing company and I know that this coaster will be a signature coaster for not just Kings Island, and Cedar Fair, but to the company itself. I've never wanted a season to end so quickly but I cannot wait to ride this!

Banshee!

• Like 11

Just looking at how the pool is doing ATM...wow, 27 votes, 27 POSITIVE first impressions. B) Though there are haters on Facebook already complaining how this isn't a Giga and about Fast Lane. :blink:

Great job, Kings Island!

With three trains, I am sure they'll be Fast Lane. Or at least Fast Lane plus.

I was there tonight. I don't know what was more ear piercing- the constant Banshee wails, or the screaming coaster enthusiasts.

I was watching the live stream and had to turn the volume up pretty high in order to hear what was being said. But my dad was trying to watch TV and I kept having to turn the volume down whenever people would start screaming. It hurt my ears and I wasn't even there!

Kings Island is 4 hours away and I'm excited.

Same!

And I'm amazed. Not only is the pacing impeccable, it also has a cool color scheme (and BTW I predicted purple and blue a while ago :) ), and the theming is beyond belief for a Cedar Fair park.

Well done Kings Island and Cedar Fair. Very well done.

• Like 3

I must admit, I am very excited about this now. Steering away from the typical format where most coasters losing momentum toward end was ingenious. Now we have something that will build up speed downhill as it progresses!

I just realized something.

The two "longest in the world" coasters at KI do this - progressively build up speed mid-ride instead of on the first drop.

• Like 4

My fiance and I were there tonight in the midst of the crowd. We had an appointment tonight after work, so we weren't able to arrive at the park until around 9. We walked over to Action Zone and got a place to stand. I was very excited to see what would be revealed!

The coaster looks amazing and can't wait to see it sitting in the park. My only complaint about tonight's announcement though was the very low sound quality. We were standing in about the middle of the crowd and could barely hear any of the announcement. I was glad that there were at least videos!

This will definitely be a MUST RIDE on opening day next year though! I'm predicting a line longer than Diamondback's opening day. And that was a heck of a line!

Well....the countdown to 2014 begins tonight!

• Like 6

If I was going to nit pick, I wish they would have given out more t-shirts. :( Everything else was awesome! People I noticed in the crowd from pictures on the forum were Mr. and Mrs. No Chickens, Gator, Ohio Colts and his Mom, And seen Malem helping himself to the VIP food as we were leaving. :P The media was in a frenzy asking people for interviews, I heard a girl tell a reporter she was crying and how much she loves coasters. He then asked me for a interview and I declined saying " I cant top that"! Edit: All yea, I voted looks amazing!

• Like 6