Diamondback restraint thoughts

ProdigyRider

Close to 8pm? That must have been mine. Row 4, right seat, on green train. After the first drop my restraint went up a click right when the airtime started. First time in a while my hands went down on this ride. I was a little freaked out. I immediately grabbed a ride op and filled out one of their sheets.

Close to 8pm? That must have been mine. Row 4, right seat, on green train. After the first drop my restraint went up a click right when the airtime started. First time in a while my hands went down on this ride. I was a little freaked out. I immediately grabbed a ride op and filled out one of their sheets.

So you're the reason my wait for Diamondback was 20 minutes longer than expected. :angry:

JK. Better safe than sorry.

Also, it seemed to be for about 6 or 7 cycles. Or each train twice. Must of it was mechanics working on the one train in the station. Also, during the delay, there was a line jumping incident behind me in which five guests were kicked out of line.

• Like 3

So you're the reason my wait for Diamondback was 20 minutes longer than expected. :angry:

I was going to post the same thing! :P

• Like 1

A bit ironic that KI was saying how great B&M is and that happens...

Note: I don't dislike B&M. Just thought it was ironic.

I thought the same thing.

KI- "Those who have rode Diamondback know how reliable and smooth a B&M is."

Me- "Funny, I rode it earlier, but had to suffer a 20 min delay"

Of course, I still trust B&M, as well. It's just highly ironic for those of us who were in line at the time of the breakdown.

• Like 6

In June I was in line for DB. When the train came in the station a rider told staff the restrain "clicked up" on the second hill. Riders were removed from the train, and all three were sent thru several empty test runs. This was well before the tragic accident in TX. I want to be clear that the ride staff and management that responded took the guest complaint serious, and wanted to be sure that DB was safe to be on.

• Like 2

I think it always has a loosening ability, but props to KI for double checking.

I wish they would add seat belts to this freakin' coaster already! I HATE the feeling of those restraints. HATE it. A seat belt would be so reassuring.

No...just no.

The ride already has double restraints, there isn't really a justifiable place to add seat belts either.Adding the units would be more uncomfortable to guests.

• Like 8

I wish they would add seat belts to this freakin' coaster already! I HATE the feeling of those restraints. HATE it. A seat belt would be so reassuring.

No...just no.

The ride already has double restraints, there isn't really a justifiable place to add seat belts either.Adding the units would be more uncomfortable to guests.

I agree Diamondback does NOT need seatbelts. IMO it would ruin some of the airtime you feel which is the best thing about it.

• Like 2

To be honest, I've have had a click- and my thinking was "Well, there's two more locks, just in case."

Was I wrong on thinking that? We surmised that because the clamshell go WAY in due to my size, that it when it clicked, it was just moving forward to average.

There's a good deal of space when it happens, but I'm used to having space around me and some lap bar room on all the rides. I always felt that the shell design made a pretty good catcher's mitt, just in case.