Diamondback restraint thoughts

ProdigyRider

When I went last week, the bar came down lower on me than in the past. I've lost a little weight, so when it was tighter than usual, I figured it was just at one notch lower than before. One the first drop, the lap bar wrnt up to where it normally is. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured what I thought wad one more notch never actually locked in, but who knows, figured I'd share my experience.

When I went last week, the bar came down lower on me than in the past. I've lost a little weight, so when it was tighter than usual, I figured it was just at one notch lower than before. One the first drop, the lap bar wrnt up to where it normally is. Didn't think much about it at the time, figured what I thought wad one more notch never actually locked in, but who knows, figured I'd share my experience.

You said it better than I did. I hug the lap bar to me, and when I drop, of course, it's going to pop up a bit. I never felt endangered at all. In fact, I always feel safe on DB. In my case, I don't think it's clicking a notch loose, but that it's held close, and then when it snaps back to normalcy, there's a sound of it hitting it's normal state.

• Like 4

You said it better than I did. I hug the lap bar to me, and when I drop, of course, it's going to pop up a bit. I never felt endangered at all. In fact, I always feel safe on DB. In my case, I don't think it's clicking a notch loose, but that it's held close, and then when it snaps back to normalcy, there's a sound of it hitting it's normal state.

U described what I think happened with the restraint, it didnt drop a notch it just never was quite in the notch and moved back to we're I'm used to it. I'll put it this way, I was so concerned, I rode it again about two hours later. In hindsight perhaps I should have said something, just in case mt instincts of what happened were wrong.

• Like 1

U described what I think happened with the restraint, it didnt drop a notch it just never was quite in the notch and moved back to we're I'm used to it. I'll put it this way, I was so concerned, I rode it again about two hours later. In hindsight perhaps I should have said something, just in case mt instincts of what happened were wrong.

Yeh, I hopped back on myself later, I thought it was more of a me problem then a Diamondback problem.

Perhaps it was good that this current incident got reported, though. This situation may not be like what happened to me.

Nothing's wrong with the ride or dangerous. This is what happens with social media- every single little iddy bitty detail is ridiculed and analyzed, and really for silly reasons.

"I'll never think of Diamondback the same way again."

Right.

• Like 8

I agree..I think there may be some over-reactions to it. Yes, you may feel different and the restraint may seem like something is different but are you sitting the same exact way you were the last time?

The way Diamondback's restraints are designed, maintenance would be able to tell if they were even a few days away from failing and that train wouldn't be used until the restraints were fixed.

• Like 3

I know there was an issue on Thursday with either sensors or restraints when we were trying to ride it before we headed to the announcement. It was about a 15 minute extra wait, and they had a ride op and supervisor ride it before letting the rest of us on.

I wonder if the woes may have started Thursday.

You've got to remember that DB uses a ratchet system to hold down the restrains, hence the clicks. If it stops between positions, it'll reposition itself - further up or down - when any force is applied. This is normal. However, if a guest claims that their restraint came up, they are obligated to stop the ride and bring out maintenance for a check. That's likely why it had downtime.

• Like 15

rendering_train_3d.jpgas you can see on a b&m hyper coaster the seats are tilted back and that is the secondary restraint because if your lap bar comes up the tilted seat combined with g-force it will keep you in the seat

And this is why I want DB chairs in my living room. The husband objects due to style issues or whatever.

• Like 2