Diamondback restraint thoughts

ProdigyRider

Im just going to say this, if an average park goers restraint would release, they would not just sit in the chair and think " boy I'm glad that DB has these tilted seats". They would be scream and moving all over the place. This is probably how they would fall out.

I'm not saying I don't feel safe on DB, I do, and I have complete confience in B&M and KI. I just wanted to add thid

I would think they would grab what ever they could and hold on for dear life, and Diamondbacks quite a few places on the seat to hold on. I don't know why anyone would be flaying around if they new there restraint had come up, they'd probably be petrified.

• Like 4

as you can see on a b&m hyper coaster the seats are tilted back and that is the secondary restraint because if your lap bar comes up the tilted seat combined with g-force it will keep you in the seat

No it wont. Your coming out of that seat in the front row hanging over the first drop.

As well as on the brake run...

• Like 1

I don't have Texas giant anxiety...I have fears on things I can't control. And, I have personally never felt safe with Diamondbacks restraints. I really like them...but would love (again, IMO) a seatbelt underneath. It is the only coaster I have ever thought twice about restraint failure. Even with Firehawks awful restraints you have the safeguard of having your feet locked under a security device with the ability to hold on and brace your body. There is very little on Diamondback to hold on to...if that thigh restraint were to malfunction.

And it is a machine after all...

• Like 1

As many rides have had on roller coasters in my life, I have never felt unsafe. I have been riding since I was just a little kid, and here I am now 33 years old! I have never been worried about a bar popping up while on a ride!

If Lesourdesville were open, you could easily break that curse. That coaster would drain the color from your face.

I had one scare on Screamin' Demon once- but otherwise, when I go to KI, I look down the hill in total confidence that maintenance men have been allover that track since before I woke up.

It seems every year they have a good PR piece about the maintenance crews at KI, but I still wish people were able to see it up close in the morning with a cup of coffee, as I did.

• Like 2

I probably have ridden DB a couple hundred times and have never felt unsafe. I do understand people wanting seat belts because I felt the same way my first few rides and then I read on this forum how the restraints worked. I highly doubt they will ever add seat belts and I would be asking many questions if they did!

Looking at Kings Island and B&M safety records, nobody has died on any B&M ride (that I know of) and only one person has ever died on a Kings Island roller coaster (a drunk person who didn't follow safety instructions) and this is not counting Firehawk's incident.

what Firehawk incident???

Diamondback has strong air in the front and back over the first half of the ride. I do like to ride in row 4 and 10 to get a mix of floater and strong air, though.

Texas Giant anxiety...LMAO! HAhahah! I love it!

Personally I only get air in the front row when the train hits the trim on the hill before the on ride photo.

• Like 2

I think Diamondback is safe. Anxiety. Just like every other traumatic thing that happens and is reported by media(9/11, Newtown Shooting etc.)

My Grandpa who is 81 years old told me he rode Cyclone at LeSourdsville Amusment Park(Now/Was called Screeching Eagle) and he said at the end of the ride his lap bar came up and he hel on for dear life! He always says that to me everytime I mention a rollercoaster!

• Like 1

I think Diamondback is safe. Anxiety. Just like every other traumatic thing that happens and is reported by media(9/11, Newtown Shooting etc.)

My Grandpa who is 81 years old told me he rode Cyclone at LeSourdsville Amusment Park(Now/Was called Screeching Eagle) and he said at the end of the ride his lap bar came up and he hel on for dear life! He always says that to me everytime I mention a rollercoaster!

And I believe him! Did he mention the little serial killer worthy shack that the first hill was built on?
  • Like 2

The only roller coaster that really freaked me out was my first launch on TTD. I didn't realize it always smoked and smelled like something was burning. So, I thought the cable snapped and to make things worse. We had a rollback and I've never heard of one at the time.. 0.o

aww you are lucky! I have been wanting to get a rollback on TTD but have never gotten one!

• Like 4

I fell like on Diamondback if the restraints failed, I could wrap my legs around them and hold on enough not to die.

I thought this same thing. :)

Just got to make sure you're quick with the leg triangle.

I always wear flip flops and have to push my feet to the bar so mine would already be there lol

• Like 3

I fell like on Diamondback if the restraints failed, I could wrap my legs around them and hold on enough not to die.

I thought this same thing. :)

Just got to make sure you're quick with the leg triangle.

I always wear flip flops and have to push my feet to the bar so mine would already be there lol

Good to know other people have a heads-up and feet-down approach. :)

• Like 1

Diamondback has strong air in the front and back over the first half of the ride. I do like to ride in row 4 and 10 to get a mix of floater and strong air, though.

Texas Giant anxiety...LMAO! HAhahah! I love it!

Personally I only get air in the front row when the train hits the trim on the hill before the on ride photo.

Allllright Youngstud; you personally only get airtime in the front on one hill on Diamondback. You must have a gravitational problem when you ride non Intamin rides. It's that little switch in your brain, just give your head a slight smack before you ride with a beer bottle. You should be good to go.

• Like 4

Safety-wise, I'm more worried about sitting on a park bench than I am about riding Diamondback. Had there been any problem with the restraint, the ride would not have reopened following the reported incident(s).

Before worrying about multiple restraint failure on Diamondback, there are many more likely dangers to be concerned with. Like being struck by lightning while inside Kings Island Theater.

(On a serious note, lightning is a very real danger outdoors. If the park announces severe weather, take cover!)

• Like 2

Diamondback's systems are powered by one of the most advanced PLC's on a rollercoaster today. The train will not dispatch until the restraints are secured.

I have had no second thoughts about getting on Diamondback since the New Texas Giant incident and Banshee I'm guessing will use the same AB PanelView Touch system.

• Like 1

Safety-wise, I'm much more worried about sitting on a park bench than I am about riding Diamondback.

What's the worse that can happen from sitting on a park bench at Kings Island?

It could collapse. A scrape or a splinter could result in an infection. A tree could fall on top of it. The ground could collapse underneath it.

All exceedingly unlikely, but risks nonetheless.

• Like 3

Safety-wise, I'm much more worried about sitting on a park bench than I am about riding Diamondback.

What's the worse that can happen from sitting on a park bench at Kings Island?

It could collapse. A scrape or a splinter could result in an infection. A tree could fall on top of it. The ground could collapse underneath it.

All exceedingly unlikely, but risks nonetheless.

All of those scenarios are possible on Diamondback, and then you have to think about your harness coming undone.

I was hit on the arm by someone's phone while on Diamondback and it hurt a wot.

• Like 5