Diamondback restraint thoughts

ProdigyRider

But it doest seem to be as much as an issue at Cedar Point. If only one person in the group would put the items in the bins it would help a lot. No reason why everyone in the group needs to run to the bins.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

That's what we do. Usually, since I'm MOM, I take everyone's stuff.

• Like 2

Rode Diamondback today and the seatbelts are really slowing the crew down. Waited 2 hours for almost a few queue. That line used to be 90 minutes at the most.

My friend Dave sent me a text at 11 this morning saying a normal 10 minute wait for Diamondback turned into a 25 minute affair. I just saw reports that Behemoth and Intimidator Carowinds have the seat belts as well. Check out this bit about Behemoth operation today from kunpc1, a moderator over at the fansite CWMania:

Only 2 trains were cycling today and they were STILL stacking... As guests load the train, the restraints are locked in the open position. Everyone must first buckle their seatbelts. Once this is done, the ride ops check each seatbelt. Once all seatbelts have been checked, the restraints are released, riders pull them down and then a second check of the entire train is completed to ensure the clamshell restraints have locked.

Is this similar to the way Diamondback is being operated right now? I haven't seen any posts that specifically address the new loading procedures.

Interestingly enough, despite the seat belts on Behemoth they are not currently on Leviathan. Say what?! This whole saga is just getting more bizarre by the minute.

Yea they whole thing has been strange. Though t it was awkward that they didn't add them to Leviathan but did to the smaller coasters.

Also it seems weird that they'd check the seatbelt before lowering restraints. Every other ride they just do it all together and it seems like a big time waster.

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of restraints, I was interested to see that while at Disney, the restraint check simply meant either tugging on a yellow flap or a plastic flap for Space or simply pushing up on your restraints. Nobody went down the line manually checking each restraint. This greatly sped up load times and shortened the wait. Anyone know why this isnt done at KI?

On the topic of restraints, I was interested to see that while at Disney, the restraint check simply meant either tugging on a yellow flap or a plastic flap for Space or simply pushing up on your restraints. Nobody went down the line manually checking each restraint. This greatly sped up load times and shortened the wait. Anyone know why this isnt done at KI?

I would just say that it all comes down to the standards of the companies mentioned.