Kings Island Announces The World's Longest Inverted Coaster for 2014!

Are some of the negative comments coming from Son of Beast fans?

I really like that KI will be getting another B&M roller coaster, as with some of the comment's above wounder how the capacity will be with no mid-course brake. Also we have not seen any pictures of the cars, have they been upgraded to a new design over passed models?

When Fox19 came on the air, they had live press coverage of the announcement.

• Like 1

A bit off-topic here, but did anyone else notice that last night we shattered the record for most people online at once? Last night there were 1,755 people (members and guests) online at 10:23pm, more than tripling the previous record of 500-something (I believe it was 514, but I'm not positive).

• Like 11

KIC fans are so jaded. "Not really breaking records here" Are you serious? Maybe I'm the only one who relishes the ride duration. I love Batman the Ride, Mr. Freeze, Top Thrill Dragster, etc; but I really love a long ride. So I'm very pleased with the longest invert.

Most of all: a zero G at Kings Island. New inversions, a steep drop.

I'm not too keen on the restraints. I hated the wing coaster restraints...we'll see how they are. This ride might not be intense, like the early B&M's, but with the top speed in the second half of the ride, it's got promise. Hopefully no trims! :) Can't wait to ride it, but keeping my expectations low - Like it will be like a Silver Bullet, Patriot, OzIrus, or Black Mamba.

• Like 3

This comment wins the award for most ridiculous comment I've ever seen.

"Just another piece of crap that will probably be torn down within a few years. Why is it Cedar Point keeps all of their rides and Kings Islands' constantly tearing down and rebuilding? Oh I know.. it's because we always get the generic rides!!"

yeah...didn't CP remove two coasters last year?

• Like 1

A bit off-topic here, but did anyone else notice that last night we shattered the record for most people online at once? Last night there were 1,755 people (members and guests) online at 10:23pm, more than tripling the previous record of 500-something (I believe it was 514, but I'm not positive).

You are echoing what I said a few hours ago my friend! LOL!

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27987-kings-island-announces-the-worlds-longest-inverted-coaster-for-2014/#entry544700

• Like 2

This is my first post in 3 years (lol at my profile picture). Just gotta say I'm ecstatic about this announcement. No this isn't some new innovative one of a kind coaster, but it's loooooong overdue. I have been a fan of b&m inverts since Batman the ride opened! I can't tell you my disappointment when I saw Face/off on a commercial for the park in 98 and showed up thinking Kings Island finally had a nice invert only to see this little tiny inverted clone of Kentucky kingdoms vampire coaster. I was actually pretty angry that day lol. Over time I grew to like it, and with age, grew to hate it again. It makes me sick. I mean literally, as soon as it changes direction, I'm feeling nauseous all the way back to the station. Didn't have that problem till I turned 30, now I stay away.

Anyway at this point I had given up hope, really felt like we just missed that era, didn't even realize b&m was still making them. I think as far as innovative and unique coasters, we have Flight of Fear and The Beast, doesn't get much more unique than those. People whine about "oh its not a giga", tell me what can a giga bring that Diamondback doesn't already provide, or even succeed? Because I've rode both millennium force and Diamondback several times, and Diamondback is world's better.

I couldn't be happier. I really don't even care about the records it breaks, I can now ride a b&m invert at a park that's close to home. It's exactly what Kings Island has needed for almost 20 years now!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 12

I was really hoping for this coaster to have multiple world records, not to bash the new ride its going to be a great coaster but it is not a good replacement for Son of Beast, which had multiple world records.... Kings Island should have went all the way and make this coaster the invert king.

I was really hoping for this coaster to have multiple world records, not to bash the new ride its going to be a great coaster but it is not a good replacement for Son of Beast, which had multiple world records.... Kings Island should have went all the way and make this coaster the invert king.

A budget only stretches so far. Secondly, they might have been able to pull it off, but loose something else to make that happen. They have to balance it out somehow!

• Like 4

A budget only stretches so far. Secondly, they might have been able to pull it off, but loose something else to make that happen. They have to balance it out somehow!

Gatekeeper was 30 million, leviathan was 28 million, Kings Island was the 2nd highest grossing revenue park Cedar Fair owns. They had the money.

A record breaker doesn't mean a thing. What did records do for Son of Beast? Maverick is not a huge record breaker but yet it is still a very intense coaster. The tallest and fastest often is not the best. Sure Son of Beast held all those records but it was often at the bottom of the list for favorite coasters. In what way did that help the park.

• Like 8

In addition to being the longest, it will be the fastest non-launched inverted coaster, with an elevation change of over 200 feet. Is that not sufficient to call it the "invert king"? (rather, "invert queen", in this case)

More importantly, would going 5mph faster, just to break Wicked Twister's record, even matter for the ride experience? As Don mentioned in the construction thread, a great ride experience is more important than the statistics.

By the way, pictures and renderings don't do justice to the area that Banshee will cover. Dropping into that valley for the second half of the ride is going to be incredible.

• Like 8

You know what world records are good for? Listing on a sign outside of the ride entrance. That's about it.

I'd take a good ride experience over over-hyped statistics any day.

• Like 29

I am ecstatic about this ride. Seriously. Going into last night's announcement, I wasn't crazy about the name "Banshee". However, with the clever way they tied it into Son of Beast, I'm 100% sold. They managed to indirectly tie a new ride into The Beast family "story" without it having "beast" in the name. And that's not to mention that this perfectly fits one of the few gaps remaining in KI's ride lineup. And that's not even to mention that it appears to be a B&M layout that required B&M to think outside the box, which is a situation which usually means I'll love it. I seriously can't wait for next April.

I'm still a little nostalgic for that Bat logo, but maybe the park has something up its sleeve for Flight Deck? That'd be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They just repainted FD in 2011.

• Like 6

A well thought out, perfect addition for Kings Island. A diversion from the Son of Beast days. Not a single record JUST for the sake of records, but instead a ride where thrills, not records, are paramount.

A truly magical addition--safe, reliable, high quality, high capacity ride that wisely uses the terrain and fills a hole in the park's ride line-up.

Very pleased I am. And happy to watch Matt Ouimet and the Kings Island team put a new fun stamp on the Mason park.

• Like 29

I loved it when Greg said "Time to let the cat out of the bag... or The Bat out of the cave..." and the crowd was like, "Awww, man?" And then the video with the crumbling SOB (wherever did they get that concept? :lol: ) and the blue columns came bursting out of the ground, followed by teaser bird's eyes with the superlatives, each greeted by loud applause, then finally, the new logo, met with the kind of roar you hear at Paul Brown Stadium after a TD... against the Steelers!

Oh, man, this adrenaline is going to take awhile to settle down, which is a good thing; because I'm looking forward to the next rush of it next spring! Excellent, KI! Most excellent!

Yeah when I saw the teaser and they focused on SOB, I was waiting for a spaceship to come hovering over. lol

• Like 7

I didn't go to the reveal, but from everything I saw on the local TV stations, heard on the radio, and saw on the YouTube channel- this reveal was executed pretty close to world class. From the images posted, it appears this will be pretty well themed too.... hoping that they have the fog element for the coaster. This doesn't fit too well with an "Action Zone" theme or "October Fest"... so maybe "The Bat" persona will travel to the sister coaster to the north and retheme flight deck and birth a whole new area of the park.

I know the KI staff read these forums, so a well-deserved congratulations on a marketing campaign pretty well thought to this point.

• Like 13

You know what world records are good for? Listing on a sign outside of the ride entrance. That's about it.

statistics matter, would you ride the flying aces 20 times a day? Having a bigger hill/drop plus more inversions on a coaster like this doesn't hurt the ride experience in any way. Plus with invert coaster production down its a records that will hold for decades. Invest a little more and get a bigger payoff, which is great because that means the next coaster will have a bigger budget from gained revenue which could mean a multiple of things.

A well thought out, perfect addition for Kings Island. A diversion from the Son of Beast days. Not a single record JUST for the sake of records, but instead a ride where thrills, not records, are paramount.

A truly magical addition--safe, reliable, high quality, high capacity ride that wisely uses the terrain and fills a hole in the park's ride line-up.

Very pleased I am. And happy to watch Matt Ouimet and the Kings Island team put a new fun stamp on the Mason park.

Well stated Terpy! Records mean nothing if the ride experience is not one people will enjoy!

• Like 8

statistics matter, would you ride the flying aces 20 times a day? Having a bigger hill/drop plus more inversions on a coaster like this doesn't hurt the ride experience in any way. Plus with invert coaster production down its a records that will hold for decades. Invest a little more and get a bigger payoff, which is great because that means the next coaster will have a bigger budget from gained revenue which could mean a multiple of things.

Do you really think Banshee having one more record to gloat about is going to affect per caps spending? Please!

• Like 6

I am ecstatic about this ride. Seriously. Going into last night's announcement, I wasn't crazy about the name "Banshee". However, with the clever way they tied it into Son of Beast, I'm 100% sold. They managed to indirectly tie a new ride into The Beast family "story" without it having "beast" in the name. And that's not to mention that this perfectly fits one of the few gaps remaining in KI's ride lineup. And that's not even to mention that it appears to be a B&M layout that required B&M to think outside the box, which is a situation which usually means I'll love it. I seriously can't wait for next April.

I'm still a little nostalgic for that Bat logo, but maybe the park has something up its sleeve for Flight Deck? That'd be cool, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They just repainted FD in 2011.

Flight Deck looks atrocious as of last week, especially the queue, "theming", and lift area.

In dire need of a re-do. A Re-brand? Would certainly fit in with a re-vamp of the whole area.

Do you really think Banshee having one more record to gloat about is going to affect per caps spending? Please!
multiple records yes, this coaster only has one, the whole this is the fastest none launch invert is a filler record, it holds no water, that's like me saying this coaster has a world record for most bolts used. Cedar Fair is what it is today because of record smashing coasters, place two parks side by side, one park has alot of record breaking coasters the second prk has just your average roller coasters like Diamondback, everything else the same. You will get way more people in the first park.

Kep in mind, Troy, that with the area being used for Banshee, there is still a TON of room left where SOB once stood, plenty of terrain for an out and back type coaster, and, a certain haunt, for the forseeable future...

This ride is a winner. A guaranteed top 5 ranked steel coaster for the next 10 + years.

• Like 1

Kep in mind, Troy, that with the area being used for Banshee, there is still a TON of room left where SOB once stood, plenty of terrain for an out and back type coaster, and, a certain haunt, for the forseeable future...

This ride is a winner. A guaranteed top 5 ranked steel coaster for the next 10 + years.

no doubt its going to be a winner, it just seems like they wasted a whole lot of potential the rollercoaster could of had...