Kings Island Announces The World's Longest Inverted Coaster for 2014!

I couldn't care less what Bob Avery thinks or says. I find him very annoying!

I feel the same way. Hence, why I thought "Wheeee! Twisty!" was funny.

When you hate a person's guts, there's little that is more enjoyable than seeing them humiliate themselves in front of thousands of viewers.

• Like 1

Seriously what is up with all the negative comments?! We are getting a new roller coaster be happy even if it is not what you wanted. I would be excited over a Top Thrill Dragster ride bc it would be something new even though I have no desire to EVER go on something like that.

What I don't get, if you're not happy with the new ride why are you on here griping about it instead of moving along and posting in other topics?

Or start a new topic just for those that don't like Banshee for the rest of us that do like Banshee to ignore.

JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I enjoyed the PR behind this announcement more than I'll probably enjoy the coaster. Which is saying a lot, because this is literally the coaster of my dreams. I could not possibly imagine something that caters more to the things I love in a coaster. Literally the ONLY thing that would make it better would be black supports instead of blue. But that is so miniscule that it doesn't even really deserve to be said.

But Don and the team deserve MAJOR props for this. The marketing was executed to PERFECTION, and I think the swarm of people in the On Location shop last night is proof of that. The only thing I DON'T like about the announcement is how ungrateful the general public is. Am I the ONLY person who thinks WindSeeker and Dinosaurs Alive are fantastic additions to our park? If nothing else, they got us a makeover of Coney Mall, which is my favorite section of the park.

• Like 13

Nobody here has ridden Banshee how can you say you like it, let alone hate it... Wait till you try out those restraints, your collarbones will be screaming like a Banshee.

The Gatekeeper restraints are being improved.

You haven't ridden with the Banshee restraints, either.

There is no reason to be Mr. Negativity. Give the ride a chance. Then decide.

• Like 19

Nobody here has ridden Banshee how can you say you like it, let alone hate it... Wait till you try out those restraints, your collarbones will be screaming like a Banshee.

Cedar Point posted on their official Twitter that they are working on the restraints to make them more enjoyable. I would imagine that any modifications made would become the standard design of that restraint style. And I'm sure Banshee's trains will be one of the last pieces to be made, so if changes occur, we'll most likely be getting them in our coaster too.

EDIT: O'Terpy. You beat me again.

• Like 5

i know this ride is going to be good, not being negative the restraint joke was sarcasm

I have to agree about the record breaking comments. Who cares really. If they would of actually focused on making the world's greatest wooden coaster and not on breaking every single record possible, Son of Beast would of still been standing. Instead it ended up being a 9 year disaster amongst 3 owners! I used to defend Son of Beast but gotta face the facts, the end result was a money pit and a liability concern for many riders. Also speaking of record breakers, terra coasters, coasters that exist for one purpose, to break records, and thats about the only thing their good for. Otherwise your waiting in line 2 hours so you might get to ride a ride that's all of 20 seconds long.

Cedar Fair made the right call, yeah it breaks the length record but it's not the focus, the focus is to get rid of a 200 foot eyesore and put in a ride people want to ride, that the park needs. Can't wait, I'm pumped for next season!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 5

One more comment, and I swear I'll slow down my posting (sorry about that, by the way, it's just that a unique color scheme on a non-cookie cutter B&M Invert with no MCBR has me totally fanboying).

This ride just plain looks fun. No denying that. But it definitely doesn't look FUN, and that is a very, very good thing. With rides like Gold Striker and Banshee, methinks the definition of FUN is a-changin' in the best way possible.

• Like 8

I haven't read all the details, same restraints as raptor or new restraints? I mean raptor is 20 years old so I'm sure they've made improvements since then, but I usually improvements come with the sacrifice of less people that can enjoy them. Mainly those of us of exceptional size. Will that be a problem?

Cedar Fair made the right call, yeah it breaks the length record but it's not the focus, the focus is to get rid of a 200 foot eyesore and put in a ride people want to ride, that the park needs. Can't wait, I'm pumped for next season!

Why do so many people think that SOB was an eyesore? I personally think it was an amazing structure to look at, especially up close!

• Like 5

Why do so many people think that SOB was an eyesore? I personally think it was an amazing structure to look at, especially up close!

I was mainly referring to its last couple years of SBNO. I was always bitter that it stood there, one of the first things you see when the park comes into focus but you were supposed to pretend it didn't exist. Rather have nothing there than a coaster I can't ride. When it was operating I agree, it was great seeing it but when it was just in limbo waiting on the park to make a decision, it was just an eyesore.

I think we all knew it was coming. Has any park just let a coaster sit for a couple years and reopened it?

I don't intend to make any negative comments ruin my excitement. ( Goody, goody, goody!!) I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to the KI people that planned what promises to be an awesome ride. ( And thank you to Don for the cool shirt that you threw out last night which I got-almost strained my back picking it up but it was worth it. ) That being said just wanted to suggest Celtic music in the queue area as part of the theming such as Lorenna Mckenna's The Mummer's Dance-Celtic music is among the most beautiful in the world.

• Like 3

Everyone is saying that GK's restraints are getting improved. I believe it but where is this information coming from? Sources?

Edit: I guess it was posted on Twitter? Link me?

I will admit, this coaster is nothing like I thought it would be. I figured we were getting something 300+ ft. tall and speeds of 90+ mph. I thought it would be the longest coaster in the world completely. Granted it is the world's longest invert, however, its no where near as long as I was hoping. But with that said, I am very excited about this layout. I never thought for a second that we would be getting an invert. I am so excited to see Banshee in action next year. hopefully I will be able to wait until April to ride this thing. At least I can keep playing the pov animation over and over ^_^

• Like 2

Several, actually. Kentucky Kingdom plans on opening Thunder Run in 2014 after sitting idle for years.

Lol well can't argue with that. I mainly meant parks that were still open not reopening but it's a technicality I can't really argue.

• Like 1

It's really a "to each his own" situation here. I get some people wanting some new state of the art coaster and being disappointed. And to me, I haven't been to an amusement park in 2 years, haven't really followed the news and it was a complete surprise to me. Inverts have always been my favorites, hell when I finally made it out to Cedar Point 3 years ago, raptor was second to only maverick. I loved it and rode it several times and each time got of it complaining to my wife and ranting about how Kings Island never got one of these. It's like a pipe dream come true, accepted the fact we'd never have one, and bam, it's coming next year, and it breaks 2 world records in the process. I've always wanted a b&m invert at Kings Island now it's coming, somebody pinch me! Can't believe it.

• Like 3

I have been a long-time reader of these forums but never posted before. I am excited that my first post is about this new coaster!

I thought the announcement was great Thursday night. First class all the way! The tombstones and fog were awesome. It WAS like a rock concert. My 6-year-old was so excited to be there (although he will likely not be tall enough any time soon as he still can't get close to that 48 inch mark and I am sure this height requirement will be much higher).

I loved the whole presentation and especially when the lights came on and gate rose in the shop selling t-shirts. That was awesome! Seriously, I thought that was genius and people wre so excited to buy merch (again, just like at a rock concert). My son especially loved the Banshee scream and has been practicing it all day haha!

My only question is that I have heard it will be a "female" coaster. What exactly does that mean?

• Like 5