Kings Island Announces The World's Longest Inverted Coaster for 2014!

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but how do they plan on reaching that capacity number with no Mid Course Break Run?

I was thinking about to. I read that it was going to have three trains. How are they going to run three trains no Mid Course Break run ??

One on the chain lift, one in the station, one on the course/final brakes. I'm sure the brake run will hold two trains as well if needed, as well as one being in the station.

Different subject, but didn't someone figure out that the lift hill was 200 feet long on the blueprint?

Math tells me that we're looking at a hill that's just under 40 degrees. This lift will be very nearly as steep as Diamondback's, if the person who said that and my math are both correct.

• Like 2

Call me crazy but I actually like it when when inverts are more drawn out and a little less forceful. The forces I experience on cookie-cutter inverts like Batman aren't thrilling to me they just make me sick. :wacko:

Banshee on the other hand looks plenty drawn out! which is good I think...

• Like 2

Cedar Fair made the right call, yeah it breaks the length record but it's not the focus, the focus is to get rid of a 200 foot eyesore and put in a ride people want to ride, that the park needs. Can't wait, I'm pumped for next season!

Why do so many people think that SOB was an eyesore? I personally think it was an amazing structure to look at, especially up close!
I was mainly referring to its last couple years of SBNO. I was always bitter that it stood there, one of the first things you see when the park comes into focus but you were supposed to pretend it didn't exist. Rather have nothing there than a coaster I can't ride. When it was operating I agree, it was great seeing it but when it was just in limbo waiting on the park to make a decision, it was just an eyesore.

I completely agree. Although it was cool to look I DO remember the bitterness of seeing it sit there but not even being able to ride it for all those years.

Just watched the official POV, I didn't see a mid ride brake run. If it doesn't have to brake run that's amazing, because every other b&m invert and vekoma hang and bang I've rode has a mid ride brake run

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BTR, afterburn, flight deck(CGA), great bear, nemesis, patriot, silver bullet, and talon off the top of my head does not have a mcbr.

• Like 1

Just watched the official POV, I didn't see a mid ride brake run. If it doesn't have to brake run that's amazing, because every other b&m invert and vekoma hang and bang I've rode has a mid ride brake runSent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all roller coasters have a brake run?

;)

Just watched the official POV, I didn't see a mid ride brake run. If it doesn't have to brake run that's amazing, because every other b&m invert and vekoma hang and bang I've rode has a mid ride brake runSent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all roller coasters have a brake run?

;)

Alot do, so it is rare. I have to say to be fair, I haven't really ventured far outside the Midwest to ride coasters. So I don't really have alot of b&m inverts to compare to other than batman and Raptor. And the one slc I rode, you guessed it, T2,which was back in '98, really can't recall much of the ride other than it being too short

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Here's the other thing I look at Banshee as...all of the refinements in just this ride, trains, ect. B&M has had time to refine everything for inverts over their time, this is going to be as of now the best the company can put forward for an invert. It's going to deliver well. It's not like the first inverts that were somewhat concepts and ideas. This product is established and now has had it's trial and error phase. Were getting the best of the best

• Like 5

I feel concepts are the best coasters. The more they are done the more they are over engineered.

Rides that were the first of their kind from a variety of engineering firms that delivered and got bland over the years.

b&m:

Kumba

Batman the ride

Raptor

nemesis

montu

Arrow:

Magnum(no one uses triangular hills anymore)

Intamin:

Supes/Bizarro

I305

Maverick

Well Intamin is a bad example cause all their coasters are intense.

This looks great, im really satisfied with it so far. Going along with the Gatekeeper resistants, they really hurt me, dug into my collar bone. I find it funny how again, in the animated pictures, Banshee has big bushes and trees around it like Diamondbacks pictures did. Although, they were just in a photo shoppers head *sigh*. I really, really like the station. It goes along with the theme well and it really stands out.

Drove all the way from Richmond for just 2 hours in the park and to see the announcement and I was not disappointed. Kings Island really put their best foot forward in the announcement and with the new ride. I for one am a huge fan of inverts, I believe the forces are thrilling and the ride layouts are different making the ride much more fun. Cannot wait to ride Banshee in 2014. Also, the teaser video was pretty awesome as well.

• Like 6