Kings Island Announces The World's Longest Inverted Coaster for 2014!

All WHAT criticism the first time around? You mean the story Cedar Point marketing cooked up to tell the first time when senior management changed the name because they wanted to or had to? There was very little to no criticism at the time, except from Southern Indiana.

Terp, who will now stand pat, cross threading (and truth telling).

• Like 3

"the second b&m death to be at Kings Island" meaning the second death for b&m will be located at Kings Island. I was just at kings dominion last week, im back at Cedar Point today.

Wait so you can see into the future?

Witchcraft, burn it, burn it with fire.

Don't have to look into the future, it would just explain why there is now a Banshee at Kings Island.
Is everyone else just as confused with what seems to be Tr0y's logic as I am, or is it just me?

Did you watch the video interview about Banshee in the construction thread that I had with Don? He stated that there would have been a major coaster coming to KI in 2014 regardless of SOB's fate.

Wait Logic, that made me Crack up.
and it seems as if everyone forgot what a Banshee is. a Banshee appears before death, the coaster itself is a b&m so therefor the next death for b&m will be on Banshee. Son of Beast fate was decided back in 2009 after the incident it went SBNO it was the state inspected it and deemed operating normally that day so why close it? Nothing personal against Don but i don't believe everything he says. he's the PR manager, he's going to tell you what they want you to hear.

I call my sister "Banshee" all the time, and she hasn't killed anyone with her whining... yet.

How many roller coasters are refered to in the feminine? This is a big huge step for Gloria Stienem- don't ruin it for her.

• Like 4

I am not sure I understand the almost Conspiracy Theories around the name of the ride.

1. It fits the situation perfectly for taking over the land where SOB used to stand.
  2. Once on the ride, is the name going to negatively affect my ride experience? Not that I can think of, in fact I think the opposite!
  3. Haunt is now a very highly attended season and no one seems to have issues with it, but it seems they add one ride to the park that has a "Ghostly Name" and everyone freaks out. I think The Joker in Dark Night was very accurate in his statements about people freaking out about silly things!
  4. The Mantis name change was what, 17 or so years ago? New management, different park, and different time. I think we need to let go of the past and appreciate what we are getting and have now!
  • Like 11

I'm really excited about this ride. I was really disappointed when SOB was taken down as I was there on its opening day and was one of the first riders on it, but with most things all good things will eventually come to an end. I think this will be a great new start to Action Zone and will bring new life to the area again. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

• Like 4

One of the best coasters I have ever ridden is white and named Roller Coaster....

At Lagoon? Son you get around!!! LOL. That coaster and Wicked are the best things in that park! It reminded me of Coney Island... a little...

Did you just call Terpy "son"? Oh, boy...

• Like 3

Just not Bro.

Terp, who has some standards (and who remembers when Lagoon had lawn mowers foraging on the grass in Roller Coaster's courtyard...they were called...goats and sheep!)

Goats and sheep! LMAO!!! Didn't know that....and it doesn't cost $3.85 + to refill them...LOL

• Like 1

It's been a while since I read this topic, but are you guys suggesting KI buying a few sheep once Banshee is built? That might Bbbbaaaaddd!

Something tells me that for at LEAST a few years, having too much foliage won't be Banshee's problem!

The concept art shows a magnificent, mature forest that the roller coaster dives through. Perhaps, like Diamondback, after a few solid years, it'll grow into a grassy field with a few dogwood trees. ;)

• Like 3