Banshee? pssshh.....whats next?

KevKenny

I'd be perfectly happy with a brand new water coaster in Soak City in a few years.

Intamin aquatrax?

You and your Intamins. :)

No, he means something like a ProSlide Rocket/Mammoth or a Master Blaster. Really, a water slide powered over uphill sections.

I'd be perfectly happy with a brand new water coaster in Soak City in a few years.

Soak City needs another signature attraction to compliment the ProSlide Tornado. Probably with support for Fast Lane. (See Worlds of Fun.)

My only problem with a water coaster would be that Soak City would probably close for weather whenever I'd try to go over there to marathon it. :)

I believe I came up with the name "Splash Lane" ages ago.

If anyone from Cedar Fair is reading this, you can take that name, and all I want is a free platinum pass for life :P

• Like 8

On a side note, and I don't know if it's already been mentioned on this site, at Kroger (at least in Indy) you can now buy a KI & CP double ticket for 50 dollars. I've also have seen them on the KI website, but I'm not sure if they where the same price. I just think it's great to see KI & CP work together!

Wow ok...what an unexpected thread. I, for one, am thrilled with what we're getting next year. I've been enjoying Diamondback since 2009, so I'm expecting to enjoy Banshee just as much for the next 4 years or so.

On that note, I'd be happy with some smaller rides between now and then. I nice family dark ride around 2016 or so might be nice. I doubt we'll see a new coaster too soon, but that's ok with me. I'm pretty satisfied with what we have now.

• Like 4

People people people... We should be happy that about every two years KI gets a new attraction. Some theme parks go several years without new rides!

Is Banshee my dream coaster/attraction? No but I still see it as a great new ride coming in! I've been hoping for KI to get another dark ride for the park for many years. I voice my opinion saying that i'd like one but never shove people saying it's the only cool type of ride.

A attraction does NOT have to be a record breaker to be fun! I find WS fun and it's not broken any major records (as far as I know) I enjoy AE a lot too! Firehawk is also a great ride!

I understand person A is gonna have a different feeling about (insert ride company name here) than person B but we shouldn't bash each other over which is better. Each and every company has it's pro's and con's.

KI/CF put a lot of money time and thought into KI's new attraction and they probably know what should suit each park best. As a company they must think about safety and what company has a good reputation. Since CF has had a pretty good reputation with B&M they probably seen this as the better choice to build a new coaster with.

Side note: I take no sides in companies as long as i'm enjoying the ride it's a great company in my eyes. :)

Edit: For some reason I can't get commas to stay. They disappear ounce I post my post (on a mobile).

• Like 7

I've got the answer guys...

Intamin/B&M collaboration, winged/giga/hyper/launch/drop/invert coaster! With a 475' drop into a launch that will add an extra 50 mph to its already ridiculously RCTish speed, ending with a tangle of 25 inversions through flaming shark tanks.

Sounds legit.

• Like 2

How about this....Planet Snoopy gets the first Children's giga coaster?

I had to laugh at this.

The first kid I thought of that would jump at the chance for this is this ladylike prissy little girl I know. The little girls that wear pink and like Hello Kitty are the ones you have to watch out for- they want those big coasters and NOW!

What's more amusing is that her biker father turns green at POV coaster videos

• Like 4

Frankly, I hope Kings Island starts to focus on intermediate rides. I can't even tell you how many times I've heard of guests who are too big/old for Planet Snoopy rides but are either not tall enough or brave enough to get on the 48" height restricted rides. I feel that currently, there is too big of a gap between those two demographics, even with the classic flats in Coney Mall.

I think Kings Island's immediate future in coaster additions should omit thrilling coasters for a bit since our last 3 coaster additions (Firehawk, Diamondback and now Banshee) were major thrill rides.

• Like 9

Silver2005,

I've seen this, too. There's just that awkward space of about two years, where there's "nothing to ride". They want more thrill, but are just a tad too short to hit the big rides. As I recall, the intermediate rides for me were the ones that came from Coney.

The Rotor, Tumblebug, and Bavarian Beetle were good tweeny rides. From what I recall, there was a period when they brought in rides like Shake, Rattle and Roll that helped bridge that gap.

• Like 3

Here's what they will do.

1. Build a ride similar to Divertigo by Banshee

2. Send Congo Falls to Knotts

3. Send Invertigo to VF or KD

4. Build a small spinning coaster or Eurofighter in the void left by the two rides

i would like to see an similar ride like maverick in that area

• Like 3

Here's what they will do.

1. Build a ride similar to Divertigo by Banshee

2. Send Congo Falls to Knotts

3. Send Invertigo to VF or KD

4. Build a small spinning coaster or Eurofighter in the void left by the two rides

i would like to see an similar ride like maverick in that area

I would love this. Right now its my #1 coaster.

There is a season for everything. The last was a season for speculation and now it is a season of building! I am really glad there is something we can enjoy watching during the offseason! I had a lot of fun watching those improvements in 2008/2009. To be honest, because of this new investment I can only see parking lot repairs (hopefully) and general maintenance over the next 2 seasons...maybe a new flat ride or two, but who knows. I for one would love to see the Flying Eagles make a return to the old Flight Commander pad (wishful thinking, I know). Just enjoy this season while you can as there will be another season for speculation soon - just not now! That's my opinion anyway ;)

I can't wait for Banshee. I was really hoping we'd get an invert as it was something very diferent from what we have already.

Now that we have a more rounded coaster line-up I'd love to see a giga built over near Banshee as well in teh rest of SOB's old space. Something along the lines of I-305 than Leviathan though. We already have Diamondback for lots of hills and airtime. I think a great giga with a few hills that also hugs the terrain around teh woods would be amazing.

Until then I would like to see a few flat rides added. Something to go in X-Base to make it more than just two coasters as well as a bathroom.

And then something to go in the Crypt's old place. I think the space could be reworked easily into being a mine shaft to fit the Rivertown theme with either a standard top spin or some other flat ride in the building.

In just developing this area that needed to be built, look at CF in how they do upgrades. Wicked Twister brought people to the beach area, Maverick to the back, Gateeper to the beach again, ect. They try to get you to areas that aren't getting people, so look around and find where things are kind-of sagging, that's where they'll put a new attraction I bet you more than anything

• Like 3

a nice incredible for the whole family dark ride right up there with haunted mansion would be awesome, with its own story theme different from anywhere.

Like the masnion at KI the old farm house that was left around the big park:

Ha- you have something there. All of the modern haunted houses are based on European sensibilities: opera houses, mansions, etc.

A haunted farmhouse would please me very much, and would tap into our Ohio roots.

One thing I noticed on a haunted hayride I attended was that the Possessed Combine generated more fear for we Midwestern folks as we knew what a real combine could do.

(The reputation of seeing too many aliens and Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) would fit in handily.)

Kings Island is only a few peices away from becoming the second most attended seasonal park in North America, behind canadas wonderland.

Those figures are estimates only and may be way off. Cedar Fair does not release actual attendance figures for individual parks.

• Like 1

World longest invert, blah blah blah... old news. Since its never too early to speculate, I'm wondering what new ride at KI or CP will be. Ohio is lacking a floorless and a dive coaster. KI doesn't even have a intamin coaster. So what do you think will be coming to the buckeye state next

I'm liking your idea of a floorless coaster... but not the dive coaster. Cedar Fair has no dive coasters at any of their parks because they are expensive and they will stay true to the Busch Gardens parks and other parks not in the U.S.

• 6 years later...
On 8/15/2013 at 1:40 AM, Coasterama said:

I'm liking your idea of a floorless coaster... but not the dive coaster. Cedar Fair has no dive coasters at any of their parks because they are expensive and they will stay true to the Busch Gardens parks and other parks not in the U.S.

This post hasn't aged well

• Haha 5