Banshee? pssshh.....whats next?

KevKenny

I'm with Kat. I want a giga, but first...

I'm going to sit back and watch my Banshee grow. Once she's mature I will enjoy her many, many times while patiently waiting for my giga.

Yay! This is my 200th post. I'm a KIC Junky now!

• Like 2

I guess I offended some people when I jumped the gun on the new ride discussion. I wasn't trying take the spotlight from Banshee (by far an awesome ride). With CF giving $50 mil to B&M in the past 2 years, in reality I don't see CF doing anything major with CP/KI, just yet.

Looking ahead, I think we'll see a new slide or two in Soak City, something for Planet Snoopy, and maybe a new full-sized flat before we see a new coaster.

Of course the attraction lineup we have now is awesome, and will be even better in April 2014. But I don't think there's anything wrong with looking to the future and thinking "What if?"

• Like 1

KI needs a intamin giga or strata with a cable lift traditional lift hill to get on the map. We are getting a b&m invert but they are a dime a dozen. It won't have the impact on the park as a Intamin giga/strata will.

...as it worked so very well for Darien Lake, Six Flags America or even Six Flags New England? Really?

• Like 1

KI needs a intamin giga or strata with a cable lift traditional lift hill to get on the map. We are getting a b&m invert but they are a dime a dozen. It won't have the impact on the park as a Intamin giga/strata will.

And I'm glad the invert won't have the impact a strata would. I don't want people to remember Kings Island for a Top Thrill Dragster replica. I want them to know about Kings Island for their fun coasters, great shows, awesome kids area, and an overall unique experience--one you can't get up north.
  • Like 5

...no, you didn't. You posted a POV. That's it. For future reference, it's be a lot more helpful to members (or at least to me) to post a single sentence saying "This is what I would like to see at KI." instead of a POV and nothing more. Anything less, and people can get confused and get "lost in the sauce."

• Like 1

This is my reasoning and somehow the conversation went to supes/bizzaro.

I apologize if this bothers you bro.

• Like 1

I'd be perfectly happy with a brand new water coaster in Soak City in a few years.

This. I've made the four hour trek to Holiday World twice this year for Wildebeest and Mammoth as much as Raven and Voyage. Give me something like that in my own backyard. And compared to big roller coasters, those things are not nearly as expensive (I believe that both Wildebeest and Mammoth were well under $10 million each, while Banshee is costing $24 million), so it would be easy for Cedar Fair to do.

A discussion about "what's next" happens after every major announcement, but this thread started on a rather bad note. Perhaps we could continue in another thread?

...next season or later?

Political pundits start talking about the next presidential election before a newly-elected president is inaugurated. When we finally learn what the future holds, it's only natural to wonder, "and then what?".

Banshee reflects a direction for the park and for the company. It's not too early to wonder where this might lead us, even though it's certainly premature to restart the debate on coaster models and manufacturers.

I'd be perfectly happy with a brand new water coaster in Soak City in a few years.

Soak City needs another signature attraction to compliment the ProSlide Tornado. Probably with support for Fast Lane. (See Worlds of Fun.)

My only problem with a water coaster would be that Soak City would probably close for weather whenever I'd try to go over there to marathon it. :)

• Like 2