Banshee: World's Longest Inverted Coaster

Coasterama

I died a little on the inside when i found out at the announcement only one world record was being broken, how can you replace multiple records with only one?... ( sad face )

I think this has been said like at least a hundred times, but here it goes once more.

Why can't you be happy with the 24 million dollar testament to human will, and you "died inside" because some statistic says it isn't better than some other ride.

• Like 2

You could go ride I-305. Oh, wait.

El Toro. Oh, wait.

Shoot the Rapids. Oh, wait.

Are you sure?

I'm calling this the quote of the week. This could shut up most of the Intamin lovers on here. (Not that its bad to like Intamin).

. Im sick of the die hard Diamondback B&M lovers bashing intamin for trying, B&M coasters are not that special, half there designs were stolen from giovanola. Along with the lackluster innovation going on at B&M'.. the invert coaster and dive coaster are the only things b&m brought into the coaster world. And that was back in the 90's... the winged coaster is a arrow 4d train were the seats don't spin. B&m have yet to make there own launch system (incredible hulk did not feature there own launch system), launched coasters been around for decades, first giga coaster they built a decade after the first giga coaster was built, ( a project that they refused initially, b&m must be afraid of heights) with the addition of there coasters laying on the trim brakes, and dragging out there elements, its almost as if b&m has no confidence in its engineering team.. Intamin has its reliability issues, but for a manufacture that try's to catapult coasters into the future you got to give them the credit for trying.
  • Like 2

Honestly this stuff goes both ways. I could bash every coaster and ride manufacturer out there for several things, because not one company is perfect and you all have to admit that. However, yes the intamin fanboys say their piece, but there is retaliation, and the guy actually made some honest points about shortcomings in B&M's business model, but that's their business and their model as to how they approach creating new products, so whatever.

Everyone needs to calm down and let eachother have their opinions, because everyone has something to contribute or discuss. Seriously...it's pretty..childish.

But anywayany new construction updates, at work I can't view the webcams

The most important thing to remember as to coaster manufacturers: "Who is the customer?"

The answer? The buyer. Parks buy rides. They prefer not to buy lawsuits, injuries, deaths, downtime, high maintenance expenses and/or short economic life.

What extreme coaster enthusiasts think of the relative ride experiences delivered by the manufacturers is of little to no importance.

• Like 3

The most important thing to remember as to coaster manufacturers: "Who is the customer?"

The answer? The buyer. Parks buy rides. They prefer not to buy lawsuits, injuries, deaths, downtime, high maintenance expenses and/or short economic life.

What extreme coaster enthusiasts think of the relative ride experiences delivered by the manufacturers is of little to no importance.

Ya and they have seemingly looked the other way from what history shows.. if Cedar Fair keeps playing it safe with its investments Cedar Fair will never grow. Look back on Cedar Points history what truly made its mark was the fact that their coasters pushed the envelope in the industry, first hyper, giga, and strata coasters were at Cedar Point. Same deal with Kings Island they had the first stand up coaster, first LIM launch coaster, first hyper looping wooden coaster.. .But guess what those brought people to the parks and the parks grew as a result.. Where some of the investments not so great yea, Cedar Points Top thrill dragster, and Kings Islands Son of Beast would fit that bill. But the park wouldn't be we're it is today without those innovations and risks... B&M to me is the safe path that Cedar Fair is currently trending in, not saying its bad but you can't grow if you keep playing it safe, you gotta have some balls.. there needs to be a balance between getting safe coasters ( B&M ) and risky coasters that will help the park grow ( Intamin ).
  • Like 1

There are more manufacturers than just Intamin and B&M. There are Gerstlauer, Mack, Zierer, Zamperla, Premier, Vekoma, and a myriad of others. It's funny how you say only Intamin rides can make Kings Island expand and attract people, yet all the coasters that "expanded the park" didn't come from Intamin.

• Like 5

That statement is not entirely correct. Kings Island does have several rides that have come from Intamin. The Eiffel Tower is an Intamin ride. As is Viking Fury, and White Water Canyon. Kings Island just doesn`t have any Intamin coaster creations.

Personally, I am beyond ecstatic to finally be getting a B&M inverted coaster. I love Afterburn at Carowinds ever since I first rode it back in 2001, and have wished Kings Island would get a ride similar to it. Now I finally get my wish!

I think with Bansee, Diamondback and The Beast, Kings Island has a nice trifecta of top notch coasters. I know I will certainly be among the first in line to tame Banshee! Especially since I have been doing some work related to the project at my job. Is it April 2014 yet?

• Like 2

I agree with beast forever and troy.

Almost every coaster intamin has designed in the last 15 years has pushed the envelope. Premier made a lim coaster that went mid 50's. Couple years later intamin made a lsm coaster that went 100mph. When pushed to the limits it is expected to have some issues.

Intamin invented the cable lift and magnetic braking.

There are more manufacturers than just Intamin and B&M. There are Gerstlauer, Mack, Zierer, Zamperla, Premier, Vekoma, and a myriad of others. It's funny how you say only Intamin rides can make Kings Island expand and attract people, yet all the rides that "expanded the park" didn't come from Intamin.

i never mentioned intamin being the only way Kings Island can expand, i was mentioning how Intamin are risk takers and b&m are safe players. I choose b&m and intamin for comparisons because they are very well known manufactures ( especially on this forum ) Maybe i should also talk more about arrow that was another manufacture who took alot of risks...
  • Like 1