Suggestions For the Site

Dan

Have several PKIC trips throughout the year.. like one per month. We're never going to have the perfect day for everyone to be there, but I think if we meet personally, we'll be able to maintain the civility of the site.

I've thought about that myself. We already have a park trip togerther to PKI on October 11. If you can make it go Here and post a reply.

You know what else would be a cool idea? Let the members of the forums upload the "Random Photo of the Day" and have "courtosy of ____" with their screen name.. you know.. so we can all contribute.

Great idea! If anyone would like to add a picture to the "Random Photo" section of the main page, send an email here: pictures@pki-central.com. All you need to do is title the subject of the email "Random Photo Entry" and include your user name on the boards. We will try to get it up as soon as possible. Please remember to only send PKI related pictures.

You know what else would be a cool idea?  Let the members of the forums upload the "Random Photo of the Day" and have "courtosy of ____" with their screen name.. you know.. so we can all contribute.

Great idea! If anyone would like to add a picture to the "Random Photo" section of the main page, send an email here: pictures@pki-central.com. All you need to do is title the subject of the email "Random Photo Entry" and include your user name on the boards. We will try to get it up as soon as possible. Please remember to only send PKI related pictures.

If I may, I'd like to take the liberty of suggesting that when you submit the photos, make sure that while they're PKI related, that they are actually of things at PKI. For example, if you want to take a picture of the big tower in Nickelodean Central, that would be great, but don't send in a picture of your mom, your aunt Jenny, and uncle Bob in front of what you claim to be the tower in NC. It simply isn't interesting to the rest of us.

Now, a logical exception would be like a group photo from a PKIC outing. Really it's just a matter of common sense.

EDIT -- Don't forget! There will be PLENTY of photo opportunities at Fear Fest!

Sorry to dominate this thread, but I have a lot of ideas for this board while it's in infancy...

Another idea would be to have user-uploaded editorials. I mean, there are two editorials on here now, one being the one for the sign (which is excellent I might add) and the other is the TR:TR experience. The TR:TR one is written really well, but.. what can I say.. we know. This is a PKI site, so you must assume that a great majority of the people on here have had the Tomb Raider experience.

An editorial doesn't necessarily have to be a typed explaination of a ride. I mean, we could sit here all day and write about how you feel when you go down the hill on The Vortex, or how cool this Beast is at night, but we know that... we've been there.. we've done that...

The TR:TR article was really well written, don't get me wrong. It's descriptiveness implies that the author put a lot of thought and time into it. I would just suggest a different subject matter.

Now, if you want an interesting editorial, it has to be a critical analysis of something. To be honest, to get an intellectual editorial written about PKI, it take a lot more time and thinking of the subject matter than it would with anything else.. politics for example.. I suppose the only really good example that I can think of would be old vs. new. You know, maybe PT vs. SDATHC. This would go far beyond "PT was really dirty but Scooby Doo is just cardboard cut outs." It would reach more into why were things changed? Does the good points of the new outweigh the bad points of the old? Why do they change the ride every 10 years or so?

I realize that this post has been long-winded, but I know there are a LOT of intelligent people on this board, and if you are really willing to put thought into an editorial, it will be extremely interesting and a lot of fun to read. At the same time, if they do choose to let people upload editorials, they're going to get a lot of garbage and will have to really decide for themselves. I mean, it really should be no hard feelings if your editorial isn't posted. You wouldn't write it if you didn't think other people would enjoy it. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with having 10-15 editorials posted at a time. I'd recommend posting them for an amount of time, and if they're popularly read and/or replied to, then leave them up, if not then take them down. There's no reason to have the editorial section become a long-winded discussion group. (as I seem to be making this thread -- sorry)

Anyway, what do you guys think?

-Ryan

Good Idea, Ryan. However, please be aware that Site Staff cant spend all day reading and manually submitting editorials. However, there could be a forum dedicated to PKI Editorials, that would have to be approved my moderation before it could be submitted. This would be the best way to go about it.

I believe there is a way to vote on threads also, for users to comment, and rate the decency of the editorial. And hell, maybe the user with the highest rated editorials could recieve their very own front page editorials. Just a suggestion.

As for photos, there is a way for each user to have their own personal photo galleries. Ill have to look up the link to the software, and im also sure this eats bandwith.. but a really neat idea. I also think you can have random images on the front page using this software.. ill post again when I find the link.

A search option so you could find the topics faster and easier for what you want to see.

.: Search :.

Monthly trips is a great idea also. Hope to see some of these ideas intregrated!

BoddaH, thank you for your ideas. Please don't feel that your ruling this thread. I like your ideas, so I have come up with this. If you want to write an editorial to be posted on PKIC, your welcome to it! Just email me and tell me your interested and whats it about before hand. If it's good, I'll add it on the site. Your full name, username, and contact (email) will be add as well to the top of it. My email is Dane@pki-central.com

BoddaH, thank you for your ideas. Please don't feel that your ruling this thread. I like your ideas, so I have come up with this. If you want to write an editorial to be posted on PKIC, your welcome to it! Just email me and tell me your interested and whats it about before hand. If it's good, I'll add it on the site. Your full name, username, and contact (email) will be add as well to the top of it. My email is Dane@pki-central.com

Well, I suppose my vision is a totally user-interactive web page. I figure if everyone contributes, first of all, it will be really interesting, second of all, if we all have reason to take a little bit of pride in the site, we won't be tempted to "junk" up the forums with meaningless garbage and insults... or of course, people could use it as an opportunity to insult eachother's grammar. I think we're beyond that now with the new beginning.

PKIlvr, I totally understand your point. I thought about that, but figured that anyone who would spend the time to write an editorial must be intelligent and have the patience to actually think it through. At that, I doubt there will be an over-run of submissions. Even if there were, I'm sure Dane and Dan could read the first paragraph of one and decide whether it's even worth reading on.

Also, I would suggest that the responses to the editorials be closely monitored. Since editorials in a way are intended to be controversial, you are kind of walking on thin ice as far was World War III goes.. I do realize that you guys have lives beyond this site. :D This is how I would handle it: if a person responds to a editorial (assuming that they have a valid argument) and put their response in a way that the author or another user might find insulting or offensive, delete it immediately, and e-mail the user. In the e-mail, cut and paste their whole response and kindly ask them to repost it in a more curtious way. I realize that it seems like a lot of work, but if perhaps you could add an extra mod who is solely in charge of that.

A lot of threads which you guys have started would make awsome editorials. I remember specifically on the...other.. site, they had an interesting debate about smoking in the park. If someone actually sat down and thought about it, and looked at the issue from all sides, it could make a really insightful editorial. Of course, on that site, the thread ended with some idiot saying something ignorant like "I think all smokers should be shot to death." THAT'S the kind of thing that would have to be filtered out. Reguardless of what side you take on the issue, that statement is just ignorant.

Anyway, I realize that I'm being long-winded again ::stops to catch his breath:: Sorry guys. :P

Have a good day,

Ryan

Have a good day,

Ryan

Your turning into chef :P

Anyhow, again, I think the best way to go about User Submitted Editorials is a special forum section that cannot be posted in until a moderator / administrator aproves it.

Have a good day,

Ryan

Your turning into chef :P

Anyhow, again, I think the best way to go about User Submitted Editorials is a special forum section that cannot be posted in until a moderator / administrator aproves it.

lol.. I think we're arguing against eachother for the same point.

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. Ireally appreciate them and I'll try to implement a lot of them into the site. Just remember that we just launched so there is still many things that need to be done first before we can work on other things. We still have a lot of other idea here at PKIC will enjoy when we finally come around and get the job done. We are working our asses off here so I hope you guys appreciate what we are doing.

We are working our asses off here so I hope you guys appreciate what we are doing.

Really? Well, I think you guys should take your time on this site. It looks GREAT so far and I can only think that it'll get even better. Take your time and do not rush anything. Heck, I just expanded my site building timetable from 3 months to now 6 months. Keep up the good work. :cowboy:

Lotte World: The #1 theme park in Seoul, South Korea. Italian Chef and his wife, Mrs. Chef has been there and I plan on going summer of 2004.

Some of their attractions include Bungie Drop (Intamin Ballistic Power Tower), Gyro Swing (Intamin Gyro Swing), Comet Express (Intamin Spin Coaster), and the new Atlantis Adventure (Intamin Wave Runner / Aqua Trax).

The one thing that seperates Lotte World from anywhere else: It's an indoor amusement park.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i never joined that site because I like much people on the internet like to browse before we buy. Well I did that on both sites and ya, you all know what I picked with. And I haven't looked back since.

My message to the people that are like me. JUST JOIN THIS SITE, BECOME A MEMBER, POST FREELY. IT FEELS SO MUCH BETTER!

(Sorry fr my use of caps, wait, I wont get crusified for that here.) Thanks Guys glad there is a site like this out there!

I don't know if any of you remember, but back when PKIU forums were closed for a week, it was pretty much me just *****ing left and right when mods closed posts without even explaining why.

There is NOTHING worse than Ghost Mods closing posts, and doing things without telling anyone. It can kill a community faster than anything else.

I have to agree and I would like to see RARE pictures of PKI before the P was in PKI if you get what iam saying.

Here some Pictures I would like to see on this site

Pictures of Screaming Demon

Pictures of The Smurfs Enchanted voyage I would like to see the entrance of the ride to refresh my memory.

Pictures of Days of Thunder at Action FX theater

Pictures of Monarail

Pictures of The Classic HB characters Like Snagglepuss,Huckleberry hound,Yogi Bear,Boo-Boo,Fred Flintstone,Barney Rubble,Dino,Papa Smurf,Hefty Smurf,Smurfette,JabberJaws Etc.

I would love to see Pictures of Enchanted Voyage before The Smurfs made it home.

Pictures of The Scooby-Doo RollerCoaster before it was The Beastie

Pictures of Hanna-Barbera Land in the 1970's and 1980's

:offtopic:

What ever happened to the Smurf Figures? and the Backgrounds in The smurfs enchanted voyage?

Back on topic

I love how this site has a Great PKI timeline and Pictures