Action Zone

SonofBaconator

I'd say move Congo over to Soak City and maybe build something small but still fun. Maybe a classic wild mouse type coaster.

If you keep Congo where it is, maybe add to the area, some trees (Congo style plastic ones would be appropriate) and maybe retime the water cannons at the end so they actually soak you going by.

• Like 2

Something should be done with Congo. I think it feels dirty all the time. Maybe somehow it could be cleaned up and fixed up, but if not, I think a replacement should be in order, particularly something large and thrilling. For example I would love to see a properly themed Mack Super Splash, Water Coaster, or Interactive Boat Ride for a more family friendly attraction. If Timberwolf were to be removed, I think the area could be used to create a good Mack Water Coaster. I've never rode a Mack Water ride before, but they do look pretty nice, and appear to be a decent replacement for Intamin Water rides.

As for the Action Zone in general, I don't see a complete re-theme. Just paint Invertigo's sign to match, do something to clean up Congo Falls, and somehow get rid of that awful pavement! Not only does the painted part look bad, but there's still a place for car advertisement over by Congo Falls! I think the worst thing they could do is leave that nasty pavement in right in front of their brand new coaster! Also, the bathroom next to Banshee should be re-modeled and the pathway to Flight Deck should be opened up and that old concrete bridge for the access road should be leveled.

I think IF they want to completely re-theme, Adventure Village should make a comeback. Rename Invertigo Stingray, Congo can remain or be replaced as mentioned above, re-theme/renovate Flight Deck to be "The Bat", and maybe re-theme Drop Tower (Or just fix it up And make minor changes to get a more abstract paint design). Could easily make the area much more friendly, cool, and habitable.

My other theory is to break Banshee and "The Bat" (if re-themed) in to their own sub section like X-Base.

• Like 1

I personally like Action Zone its theming was around it being a high energy part of the park with a lot of thrills. When Son of Beast took a tumble the Action Zone went with it... With the addition of Diamondback it had a lot of guest make there way over to rivertown. What Action Zone needs is a new roller-coaster ( Banshee ) and a good facelift, which is coming this year.

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread.

Tonight, I was at KI and after we walked by the band stand near the Eiffel Tower, I thought about the idea of a band stand in Action Zone. I don't really know what type of music that band plays on that band stand, but it's not hard rock. I was thinking about having a stage in Action Zone for hard rock music. Think the Full Throttle stage at Six Flags Magic Mountain right by Full Throttle where they have a rock band play. I'm a drummer so that is a dream of mine to play something like that. Think like The Action Zone stage where it could play hard rock or even pop music. Yes, this is a little unusual for a thread like this, but the reason I put this in an AZ thread is because the stage would be in AZ and I don't really know anywhere else this could go, but to me, this is an idea, and I want to hear your thoughts. They could even bring in local teenage rock bands to perform gigs on certain days during the summer.

• Like 1