Banshee Queue Music

CoastersRZ

I expect Celtic music, and or any kind of musical scores that are similar to those played in the The Hobbit, & Lord of the Rings movies.

High expectations for this ride, I hope it will turn out great!

• Like 1

I expect Celtic music, and or any kind of musical scores that are similar to those played in the The Hobbit, & Lord of the Rings movies.

High expectations for this ride, I hope it will turn out great!

In this case, it would be best to have lower expectations so that anything they add will impress you even more. Needless to say, I'm not expecting that this will be an immersive ride just because Ouimet is now in charge.

I would rather have a ride meet my low expectations than for me to be disappointed, but that's just my opinion.

In recent years we've seen Kings Island recognize that it can use film score to really create lasting impressions and set moods and tones for its more atmospheric attractions, so I'd expect top 2012's 40 to be the foundation of the queue playlist. ;)

• Like 4

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Johann Sebastian Bach's "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor," often associated with Hammer's 1960s adaptation of Phantom of the Opera, along with a few of the lesser known Universal Monster movies starring Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-MMssvU36I

Interestingly that piece of music was used in a queue of a past attraction at Kings Island. Ironicly it was the ride Mr. Linder said had nothing to do with the clip you posted.

• Like 2

While I LOVE "Use Somebody" , I don't think it would fit Banshee in my humble (and teenage) opinion.

Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I've heard that song while sitting on the brick wall across from the KI Theatre.

I wasn't serious about that suggestion haha

If you ever noticed it would very often get played during Diamondback.. Almost too often.. *almost isn't a strong enough word, it seems*

• Like 2

As (someone) said earlier in the thread, I think Scream by A7X would be awesome.

Also maybe some Marilyn Manson or Slayer or even Metallica.

Ooh! And some King Diamond! (particularly Black Hill Sanitarium)

The only problem I see with playing Scream by Avenged Sevenfold is the lyrics.

"Scream till there's silence

Scream while there's life left

Vanishing

Scream from the pleasure

Unmask your desire

Perishing"

Yeah... Not a lot of parents would approve.

But man the scream at the beginning and the instrumental would work perfectly in my opinion.

• Like 1

Why not use the playlist that was used for the Banshee announcement night.

1. Scream and Shout.

2. This Girl is On Fire.

3. Like We're Gonna Die Young.

I can't remember the others. What other songs were used?

Going through my video from that night... I'm pretty sure I heard LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem in there, right after one of Don's quarter-hour countdown breaks... it would be a good "pump up" song, if but just for the crazy synthesizer in the breakdown ("Ev'ryday I'm Shuffelin')...

• Like 1

As (someone) said earlier in the thread, I think Scream by A7X would be awesome.

Also maybe some Marilyn Manson or Slayer or even Metallica.

Ooh! And some King Diamond! (particularly Black Hill Sanitarium)

The only problem I see with playing Scream by Avenged Sevenfold is the lyrics.

"Scream till there's silence

Scream while there's life left

Vanishing

Scream from the pleasure

Unmask your desire

Perishing"

Yeah... Not a lot of parents would approve.

But man the scream at the beginning and the instrumental would work perfectly in my opinion.

Who cares if parents approve. Probably not many would even ride it. (if they're like my mom, at least)

^Although I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, trust me, I'm sure that MANY parents will be riding Banshee with their kids. After all, isn't that Cedar Fair's plan going forward from now on? Building rides that parents will want to ride with their kids, and more importantly, not because of their kids?

Either way, I wouldn't want that song played in Banshee's que anyway as I think it's a little overrated. A much better selection from A7x in my opinion would be Almost Easy or Afterlife.

Now a song that I would absolutely LOVE to be played during Haunt, but would never happen as most would consider it too "underground" for the GP to listen to, is Second Heartbeat...

This song just kicks @$$!

• Like 5