Banshee Queue Music

CoastersRZ

I really liked the music that played leasing up to the announcement. This included at least one song by Evanescence and what sounded like (to me anyways) some sort of Celtic chanting type of music:)

I also heard the Evanescence portion....and the Celtic chanting....

It kind of gave me chills in the moment. Really got the anticipation going....

Whatever music is decided I just implore management to play high quality music that all guests can enjoy if they have to wait in a long line. There is nothing worse than having to suffer through horrible music ( or no music at all.) while waiting in line for hours( Meaning no disrespect, please, oh PLEASE ( yes I am yelling) no hiphop-glad CP got the message and restored that wonderful Western music after playing hip-hop in the Maverick line last year.

• Like 5

I hope there isn't a theme song to Banshee, i don't want to have to listen to it for 2 hours over and over while waiting in line, Flight of Fear's movie clip over and over gets old. A good lineup of music will do.

How about: I know I'm going to miss her, a Banshee ate my sister. ( Borrowed from the title song of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.)

I think it'd be cool if they had some kind of interactive thing where every couple of minutes (Definately not all the time. That'd get annoying) someone further back in line can press a hidden button and up front the Banshee scream would scare people. I know Disney has something kind of similar in the Jungle Cruise queue. There is a tarantula in a cage and when someone presses a button somewhere it jumps a little. If they time it right it can be fun to watch people's reactions.

I don't want music to play at all for me! I like to soak up the atmosphere while I'm waiting inline, why can't Kings Island play ambient music that reflects the ride it's themed to..I'd love to hear faint Banshee wails with spooky graveyard sounds playing like owls hooting,gates creaking, the wind blowing... yeah that'd be great. I don't want to hear Katy Perry or Taylor swift or Lady Gaga. I don't want to offend anyone on here but I hope you all understand what I'm saying.

• Like 8

I agree the tomb raider music would be good. In all likelihood, the park may ask a certain forum member to put together a nice video describing the ride, which will run on nice flat screen tvs for one year before the tvs break and aren't replaced (I'm looking at you Diamondback). Meanwhile the forum member who did said video won't get proper credit (or compensation) for his work.

• Like 2

I agree the tomb raider music would be good. In all likelihood, the park may ask a certain forum member to put together a nice video describing the ride, which will run on nice flat screen tvs for one year before the tvs break and aren't replaced (I'm looking at you Diamondback). Meanwhile the forum member who did said video won't get proper credit (or compensation) for his work.

What Tomb Raider music? The only sound in the queue area for Tomb Raider was an occasional noice that sounded like a "vroommm"-thathat was it as far as queue music ( if you call that music.)

• Like 1

markr--you must have ridden it during its later (stripped-down) years. In its heydey, the que featured music from the last temptation of christ (scored by Peter Gabriel). Then during the intro and exit to the actual ride, thumping drumbeats played around you. When everything was working (including the sliding door), it was a wonderous rfde and a lot of fun to boot. Once it became the Crypt, just about everything good about the ride went with by the wayside.

• Like 5