What would you hate to see go at Kings Island

Vortex lover

Taking this topic on a tangent based off THAT.

If I were to ever shred my pass, if prompted from the loss of a ride, it'd have to make my visits so unfun that I wouldn't care for the park anymore.. But given the vast number of rides that I adore or have learned to adore.. I don't think one ride removal would make me stop going without first trying out one last season.

Now it could come to the point that I'd not get a PASS anymore.. if the park ever becomes so crowded that it's not beneficial and I'd instead buy a one day ticket and get a fast pass plus.

• Like 1

I'm with most of you, really I would hate to see any more rides leave the park. If I just had to pick one though, it would be The Vortex. I really hope it continues to run strong for many more years and maybe get a special 30th anniversary commemorative type deal when the time comes( shirts, pendants, maybe a little cake like they've done for The Beast? ) I feel it deserves it as it is a guest favorite and it's been a hardy piece of machinery.

I'd also have to say Flight Deck or Adventure Express. There is something just heart wrenching about losing any more classic Arrow coasters; especially a great suspended swinging coaster which we all know is becoming a dying breed and a fantastic mine train coaster which is still one of the best I've ever been on.

• Like 3

Flight of Fear. I LOVE Flight of Fear.... so much that I would LOVE to have Kings Dominions Flight of Fear replace Diamondback, Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas replace Vortex, and every LIM Bowl on Earth to replace attractions at Kings Island XD (Every LIM Bowl on Earth in one park!!!! XD)

Eiffel Tower.

Rides come, rides go. Some get worse with age, some get worse as we age. The Tower is constant, it towers everything as you first approach the park, it steals your field of vision as you cross under the main entrance. It never changes, it never gets worse, and in many regards as I age its developed into an even bigger draw. Its as brillant today as it was the day the park welcomed its first guest. The view from the top is study is motion, constantly changing, day to day, week to week, month to month, season to season. The tower is what we first see at the start of each season as we enter thru the main gate, its often the last thing we view at season's end as the final fireworks fizzle out. As you various rides zip you thru the park, the Eiffel Tower remains a constant pillar of attention at the very heart of the park.

I'd miss The Beast, The Racers and Woodstock Express, the long standing woodies, two dating back to the parks opening, the other a true classic that remains on the top of many enthusiasts must ride lists. I'd miss the smooth roar of Diamondback, the blast of air thrust onto the ground each time Drop Zone fails to conquer gravity, and the unknown twist discovered on Flight of Fear anytime somebody takes their first ride. The loss of any other ride would leave a hole in my experience at the park, however the loss of the Eiffel Tower would leave a hole in my soul where so many memories first began and often ended as the backdrop to a fantastic day at Kings Island.

• Like 8

Huh? Big old brake levers, manually operated, skid brakes, flip down single position buzz bars, last bunny hop, no seat belts, no seat dividers, no head restraints, soft cushiony plush leather. Not to mention the red track bed and blue handrails.

Gone.

All gone.

The Racer in 2013 is a very, very different ride than the day it opened in 1972.

And I should know.

• Like 4

Huh? Big old brake levers, manually operated, skid brakes, flip down single position buzz bars, last bunny hop, no seat belts, no seat dividers, no head restraints, soft cushiony plush leather. Not to mention the red track bed and blue handrails.

Gone.

All gone.

The Racer in 2013 is a very, very different ride than the day it opened in 1972.

And I should know.

Okay. Excuse me for being wrong, then.

It would be anarchy if The Beast would ever be removed.. But with The Beast being removed chances are slim to none. it wouldn't be my pick I would hate to see flight deck go. if they plan on removing any coaster I hate to say the Adventure Express would be my pick. It was my first roller coaster. But it's had it's time, I would love to see it replaced by a intamin coasted like maverick utilizing the theming and tunnels the Adventure Express currently uses.

• 9 months later...

Eiffel Tower.

Rides come, rides go. Some get worse with age, some get worse as we age. The Tower is constant, it towers everything as you first approach the park, it steals your field of vision as you cross under the main entrance. It never changes, it never gets worse, and in many regards as I age its developed into an even bigger draw. Its as brillant today as it was the day the park welcomed its first guest. The view from the top is study is motion, constantly changing, day to day, week to week, month to month, season to season. The tower is what we first see at the start of each season as we enter thru the main gate, its often the last thing we view at season's end as the final fireworks fizzle out. As you various rides zip you thru the park, the Eiffel Tower remains a constant pillar of attention at the very heart of the park.

I'd miss The Beast, The Racers and Woodstock Express, the long standing woodies, two dating back to the parks opening, the other a true classic that remains on the top of many enthusiasts must ride lists. I'd miss the smooth roar of Diamondback, the blast of air thrust onto the ground each time Drop Zone fails to conquer gravity, and the unknown twist discovered on Flight of Fear anytime somebody takes their first ride. The loss of any other ride would leave a hole in my experience at the park, however the loss of the Eiffel Tower would leave a hole in my soul where so many memories first began and often ended as the backdrop to a fantastic day at Kings Island.

You have me in tears right now

Sent from my iPhone using... You get the point

• Like 3

Flight of Fear. It's still my favorite coaster in the park. In all honesty, when it looked like KD's was going to move I thought about Kings Island's and how if it moved, I didn't know if I would want to continue supporting the park. Yeah, I know. It's just a ride, but you have to remember that this was coming off of a time, not too long before, that our Flying Eagles were taken away from us with a very cavalier regard for its history in Cincinnati, or how much the guests loved them.

• Like 3