What would you hate to see go at Kings Island

Vortex lover

...and the grand, majestic entry music on International Street, which was to be next removed. Frankly, I am fully convinced was removed by Cedar Fair mostly because it could but partly to change the psychographic feel of the park.

Sigh.

Sounds like a Dick & Jack thing. Cedar Point plays more "modern" music throughout the park. And we all know that whatever works at Cedar Point works at Kings Island, right? I just wish someone who's someone would have the audacity to speak up at the park and at least put the idea on the table.

• Like 6

Sadly the company does view CP/KI and other parks honestly as potential cookie cutters. I see it more and more between the two with this years new developments at both. Some things can carry over for sure, uniforms, ride op SOP, food offerings, etc.

But leave the personalities of the parks alone. So far Knotts, WWK, and Dorney are the only parks to me that still don't feel all corporate to me.

• Like 1

I hope to see improvement in that area next year or very soon. That whole area is terribly falling apart. Same goes for the actual Tower itself, large chunks of paint are falling off/missing. Is it too late to contact Sherwin-WIlliams again ;) Or Baynum Painting, they did a fantastic job this off season. But just wow, I shook my head looking at Tower and the gardens opening day this year.

• Like 2

The Eiffel Tower and the fountains, can imagine how weird the park would look without either of them?

That could have happened. Paramount explored the idea of removing the tower and replacing it with a Ferris wheel that was shaped like the Paramount logo.

Flight of Fear. It's still my favorite coaster in the park. In all honesty, when it looked like KD's was going to move I thought about Kings Island's and how if it moved, I didn't know if I would want to continue supporting the park. Yeah, I know. It's just a ride, but you have to remember that this was coming off of a time, not too long before, that our Flying Eagles were taken away from us with a very cavalier regard for its history in Cincinnati, or how much the guests loved them.

I agree. I love Flight of Fear. It's my third favorite coaster in the park, ahead of Diamondback.

The Eiffel Tower and the fountains, can imagine how weird the park would look without either of them?

That could have happened. Paramount explored the idea of removing the tower and replacing it with a Ferris wheel that was shaped like the Paramount logo.

I don't want to even think about that, if I'd seen it I would've walked away smh!

• Like 2

Over the weekend at Cedar Point I noticed something that really makes Kings Island unique and that I miss at other parks sure they have a couple of things that aren't generic chickentenders, fries, or burgers but they don't have the real local flavor like Kings Island has. With Skyline and Larosas being at the park it makes things that much better. Id be really sad if they ever dropped carrying the local food items.

Also we need to get geotta at Kings Island.

• Like 5

Guest dtk1376

They got Graeter's too which is great, but I prefer to go with the soft serve or Dip N Dots, I got Graeter's there once and it just didn't feel the same.

I've had just about every kind of pizza out there and while I sometimes prefer to stick to my roots and get a deep dish pizza there isn't much that can top a Larosas pizza with some ranch to dip it in for me.

I also prefer Gold Star over Skyline but I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority but I for one would be sad to see the Rivertown Potato Works food stand go. Every trip to the park in my childhood included a cup of their fries with cheese sauce. The fries in my opinion have gone down somewhat in quality, but are still a nice salty treat and the cheese dipping sauce still satsfies. As for the ET, isn't KI due to get the fountain upgrade this coming offseason? If so, perhaps they can repaint the tower too.

• Like 2

Pinks is what I was referring to in the couple of things they have. But famous Dave's is five minutes from where I currently am at work I consider that a national chain not local. We stopped at one in Chicago to now that I think of it.

Oo and the happy friar at CP is no good.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority but I for one would be sad to see the Rivertown Potato Works food stand go. Every trip to the park in my childhood included a cup of their fries with cheese sauce. The fries in my opinion have gone down somewhat in quality, but are still a nice salty treat and the cheese dipping sauce still satsfies. As for the ET, isn't KI due to get the fountain upgrade this coming offseason? If so, perhaps they can repaint the tower too.

Practically every family visit as a kid included us getting Rivertown Potato Works with a side of cheese sauce (as well as ketchup, salt and vinegar) and eating it at the tables by Swan Lake. It's sad that I'll never be able to recreate that memory with my own family, but I enjoy Diamondback so that is a decent consolation.

• Like 1

I may be in the minority but I for one would be sad to see the Rivertown Potato Works food stand go.

I recall that being Don's spot for fries, and my families frequent stop to share fries as well, and I personally like the fries better since they changed them. So maybe your not in the minority!

• Like 1

Hmm, I Wonder how Cedar Fair would have handled that one. Paramount Parks sometimes got alittle too full of Paramount Pictures. Granted, the parks were supposed to be a theme park. The Paramount Parks never were on the level of Universal or Disney.