If you owned Kings Island

kicsehlhorst

If i were to own Kings Island I would do this to the park

New in 2015- 'Slenderman' a new Intamin giga coaster track is black and gray supports! Located in Action Zone. 315 feet tall

New in 2016- 'Flying eagles' located in Coney Mall behind Icee stall

New in 2017- 'Eagle' a record breaking wing coaster located in X-base. X-base becomes it's own area. 230 feet tall

• Like 2

If i were to own Kings Island I would do this to the park

New in 2015- 'Slenderman' a new Intamin giga coaster track is black and gray supports! Located in Action Zone. 315 feet tall

New in 2016- 'Flying eagles' located in Coney Mall behind Icee stall

New in 2017- 'Eagle' a record breaking wing coaster located in X-base. X-base becomes it's own area. 230 feet tall

So in other words, you would do the same thing The Crypt would do! :P

• Like 11

2013: (if i just got to own the park) keep construction of Banshee going. change AZ to Resurrection, change ride names (Flight Deck to "The Bat Revived" with a Orange support and black track, Invertigo to "Deja Vu", Congo Falls to "Redemption".) All workers in this area must dress according to ride. Have celebrities (that have passed on) walking around in the area. example: Elvis and Marlin Monroe.

2014: I would upgrade all dark themed rides currently at the park to Universal/ Disney quality.

2015: Change kiddie land from Planet Snoopy to either Little Big Planet or Hanna Barbra themed (sorry if misspelled) and repainting some rides.

2016: Have live shows during the guests train ride. start Building a new coaster back behind Action Theater for 2017 season and call it "The Beast's Mother in Law". Wooden coaster goes 220ft high, 80mph, 3 inversions (loop, corkscrew, barrel roll), over 10,000ft long, 3 lift hills (1st hill 220ft, 2nd 150ft 3rd 100ft).

Everything after 2016/2017 is unknown.

Note: Yes I am being serious about everything if I owned the park.

• Like 1

2013: (if i just got to own the park) keep construction of Banshee going. change AZ to Resurrection, change ride names (Flight Deck to "The Bat Revived" with a Orange support and black track, Invertigo to "Deja Vu", Congo Falls to "Redemption".) All workers in this area must dress according to ride. Have celebrities (that have passed on) walking around in the area. example: Elvis and Marlin Monroe.

2014: I would upgrade all dark themed rides currently at the park to Universal/ Disney quality.

2015: Change kiddie land from Planet Snoopy to either Little Big Planet or Hanna Barbra themed (sorry if misspelled) and repainting some rides.

2016: Have live shows during the guests train ride. start Building a new coaster back behind Action Theater for 2017 season and call it "The Beast's Mother in Law". Wooden coaster goes 220ft high, 80mph, 3 inversions (loop, corkscrew, barrel roll), over 10,000ft long, 3 lift hills (1st hill 220ft, 2nd 150ft 3rd 100ft).

Everything after 2016/2017 is unknown.

I love the Name "The Beast`s Mother in law :P

• Like 2

I love the Name "The Beast`s Mother in law :P

Hmmm. Let me guess....The Beast's Mother-in-law - every seat is a back seat....it goes round in circles telling The Beast how it's daughter should never have married him...and it whines about wanting to go to MIami Florida, in every turn.

• Like 6

2013: continue as everything is and the construction of Banshee

2014: announce and begin retheming of Action Zone into a spooky area

2015: add a flat ride to keep more guests coming

2016 begin clearing an area and construction/teasers for the 2017 ride

2017: add an intamin giga for youngstud

2018: replace Drop Tower with the one where you look strait down

2019: add a new restaraunt or something

• Like 2

I know there are other topics like this, but I don't think I've participated in one in several years. Actually, if I remember right, I really haven't done one since shortly after I joined (September 2008). So... why not? (I'm not going to add Halloween Haunt additions to this since I really don't know how much it costs the park to add new haunts.)

2015: No new rides. Use provided capital to further update fountains into a nighttime light show to compliment the fireworks. Show starts at 9:30, and the music increases in pacing, energy, and excitement until the fireworks, which have a custom orchestral score written specifically for the park that the fireworks are timed with. Keeping with the "best day of the year" theme of current management, special guests are picked from the crowd to "start" the fireworks. As the score starts a few minutes prior to the fireworks, the guests are introduced to the crowd, with the score hushed and feeling like it's barely holding back from something far bigger and celebratory. After the guests are introduced, the music builds, then pauses--and with the staff member's cue, a button is pressed to start the show. The music bursts into this grand overture that's both exciting and elegant at once. Immediately following the fireworks, the staff member wishes the crowd an iconic goodbye that KI could be known for (see Kennywood's creepy "good night" song, and the "good night Mom, good night Will" speech from pre-Dan-and-Lori Holiday World). The rest of the evening on International Street would feature an impressive light show that incorporates both the fountains and the lights lining the International Street buildings. (The IS shop lights would need updated from their current configuration.) The evening's festivities would be marketed as the whole-family equivalent of Six Flags' igNite or CP's Luminosity--though not in those words, of course.

All rides receive retracking and maintenance in accordance with past precedent.

2016: Rebuild TR:TR. Remove the fast pitch game and ICEE stand adjacent to the Flight Commander queue in Coney Mall. Install a Cedar Point Giant Wheel-size Ferris wheel (Zamperla Giant Wheel?) parallel to Racer in that spot. Alternatively, build a Deno's Wonder Wheel/California Adventure-style Ferris wheel to a similar scale as Giant Wheel. It's got a view not unlike WindSeeker, but it's more family friendly. The Wonder Wheel/CA-style wheel would have the added marketable thrill aspect of the moving seats. This is assuming that either of those models have decent people capacity, which is something I'm not totally sure of.

Planet Snoopy would receive a daily mid-afternoon parade show not unlike the 2005 Nickelodeon Parade (except with Peanuts characters, of course.) It would run from July 4th weekend through Labor Day. Very high-energy with recognizable, popular songs for kids and families to enjoy. I won't say how long the parade would be, because I don't know how much it costs to retrack portions of Beast/Racer in the off-season, and I don't want to neglect them for the sake of other attractions.

New song list for nighttime fireworks/fountains show. Keep the custom music, of course. That stuff's probably not cheap.

2017: Replace some of the relatively higher-force portions of The Beast with Rocky Mountain Construction's Topper Track and observe maintenance cost effect, if applicable. Add a Chance Rides Aviator or Larson Flying Scooters to Planet Snoopy, to be tied into the adventures of the Red Baron. Replace airbrush shop in Oktoberfest with Chance Rides Wipeout named Der Spinnin Kegger (with appropriate theming to match, and set back a bit farther into the foliage so it doesn't stick out into the midway as much as the airbrush shop, if possible.)

New song list for nighttime fireworks/fountains show. Keep the custom music!

2018: If the Topper Track proves economically promising without harming the ride experience, add more of it to The Beast and purchase new three-bench PTC trains that articulate. Remove the trim brakes (except where the structure actually requires the train be slower, if necessary.) Reprofile the second drop and turn before the second lift so that they are comfortable at the higher speeds.* Modify the banking of the second helix as closely as possible to the original 1979 configuration to re-introduce stronger laterals (as long as the structure is capable of bearing them.) The idea is to reinvent the ride without drastically changing it from what people know and love--think of the Voyage rebuild in 2012. Market the ride as The Beast being "angered" or "unleashed"... Something to indicate that there is a new reason to ride, but not indicating that the ride itself has been changed. Beast has earned its status as the ride at Kings Island, and I'd imagine it wouldn't go over well if it got a drastic remodeling.

* I say this because, as I understand it, those who rode The Beast before it had trims said that the ride was not comfortable. I'm merely speculating that these would be the most uncomfortable points during the ride at higher speeds. The new articulating trains would be able to accommodate the required banking transitions that extending the second drop pullout would require.

If the Topper Track didn't prove itself last year, return wooden track to the ride. If I weren't so tired and hadn't accidentally spent the last hour and a half typing this post, I'd plan out some kind of new, major attraction along the lines of Cedar Fair's recent additions. As it stands, you can use your imagination. :P

Beyond 2018: I'd observe the finance- and public relations-related effects of the past four years and adjust my strategy from there.

Edited after likes by The Interpreter, Thrill_Biscuit, Fire-Beast-OF FEAR, zombieninja, VortexBFForever, Diamondback96, BlondyRidesOn, Jr for Birdy, Sonofbeast2.0, and rcwizard13 to correct grammar and to remove a couple iterations of "of course". I really shouldn't post while drowsy, people.

Edited by TombRaiderFTW
  • Like 13

2014: Along with Banshee, retheme Action Zone to become Amusement Dark. Paint Flight Deck to have black supports and orange track, and rename it to Bat's Revenge. Add more theming to it, also. Rename Drop Tower to Oblivion, and rename Congo Falls to Demon Drop.

2015: Add a flying scooters ride to Coney Mall and add restrooms to X-Base. Call the flying scooters Coney Gliders. Nothing else this year, only minor park improvements.

2016: Add a Giant Ferris Wheel to Coney Mall and call it Giant Wheel. Seriously, this park needs one badly.

2017: Add a Mack E-Motion wild mouse coaster to X-Base and call it Off the Edge.

At Purchase: Rebuild Boomerang Bay to where Soak City is non existent,

add restrooms in X-Base, new ride names.

2015: Phantom Theater makes it's debut with all of the classic pieces, Hannah Barberra returns with classic attractions.

2016: Oktoberfest now has Bavarian Beetle and other classics from the area, with FestHaus now producing Germanic foods with Larosa's.

2017: Take down the WindSeeker, begins teasers for a new 2018 coaster

2018: Tidal Wave Bay is officially torn down, Operation X is opened for 2018, the world's longest underground LIM coaster.

2019: Teasers are released for a "grand throw back" in 2020

2020: Antiques and Eagles return in 2020, backlot removed.

2021: Action Zone is now "Old World", with all rides themed to Europe, X-Base now loops to FD

2022: Flats similar to old rides of Coney now installed, Ginko Trees now back in the pop cicle fashion.

2023: Old Western shoot outs now present in RT.

2024: Unknown

Not only would you fail to add anything to the waterpark for ten years, but you'd shrink it? Coming from you, I'm shocked!

• Like 10

Seems like a good thread for my first post.

2015: Complete re-theme/rename of Action Zone to match Banshee, and re-theme/repaint/rename of all rides there besides Banshee, obviously.

2016: A new flat ride or two. New coat of paint on Vortex and racer (returning racer to it's original color scheme). If the budget allows it, tearing up more blacktop to be replaced with more of those nice brick pavers in coney mall.

2017: General park improvements. Lot's of new paint all around (anywhere it could be used), and even more blacktop replacement with those brick pavers (what can I say, they look nice, and much better than blacktop). If budget allows, a revamp of the fountains to include a nice night show to tie in with the nightly fireworks.

2018: More general park improvement, possibly another flat ride added. Maybe modify Drop Tower to have seats that fold so you face the ground like on BGT's new Falcon Fury. 2019 coaster construction begins behind Banshee, building hype for it like Banshee.

2019: New Intamin Giga behind Banshee, utilizing SOB's station. If not an Intamin Giga, maybe a huge Mack Launcher, like Blue Fire.

2020: General Park Improvements, and step back to look at all of the addtions/revamps of the park and decide on future park additions/investments.

Not saying the park looks bad, it looks great, but new paint never hurts to brighten things up haha.

• Like 11

2015: Complete re-theme/rename of Action Zone to match Banshee, and re-theme/repaint/rename of all rides there besides Banshee, obviously.

2016: A new flat ride or two. New coat of paint on Vortex and racer (returning racer to it's original color scheme). If the budget allows it, tearing up more blacktop to be replaced with more of those nice brick pavers in coney mall.

2017: General park improvements. Lot's of new paint all around (anywhere it could be used), and even more blacktop replacement with those brick pavers (what can I say, they look nice, and much better than blacktop). If budget allows, a revamp of the fountains to include a nice night show to tie in with the nightly fireworks.

2018: More general park improvement, possibly another flat ride added. Maybe modify Drop Tower to have seats that fold so you face the ground like on BGT's new Falcon Fury. 2019 coaster construction begins behind Banshee, building hype for it like Banshee.

2019: New Intamin Giga behind Banshee, utilizing SOB's station. If not an Intamin Giga, maybe a huge Mack Launcher, like Blue Fire.

2020: General Park Improvements, and step back to look at all of the addtions/revamps of the park and decide on future park additions/investments.

Not saying the park looks bad, it looks great, but new paint never hurts to brighten things up haha.

I think pavers throughout the park would be a great idea. I agree, blacktop is ugly. So is splotchy concrete (ahem Cedar Point).

Like The Interpreter said, welcome to KIC! I'm sure you'll like it on here.

• Like 3

Haha thanks man. Long time reader. I was told I should sign up on Thursday when I was at the park with Diamondbacker for the announcement when we met up with some KICers. Nice people haha.

I think I met you in the Bier Gartens, then. Glad you decided to join!

• Like 4

I think pavers throughout the park would be a great idea. I agree, blacktop is ugly. So is splotchy concrete (ahem Cedar Point).

Like The Interpreter said, welcome to KIC! I'm sure you'll like it on here.

I wouldn't of thought to replace blacktop with brick pavers before they did in coney mall, but I love them and hope KI has plans in the future to replace more blacktop with more pavers. And thanks haha, I do love the site, like I said long time reader. I read practically every page in the decoding 2014 thread over the past months. Keeping up of course, I wouldn't want to read 50 pages at once haha.

Haha thanks man. Long time reader. I was told I should sign up on Thursday when I was at the park with Diamondbacker for the announcement when we met up with some KICers. Nice people haha.

I think I met you in the Bier Gartens, then. Glad you decided to join!

Probably haha. But with learning names (or in this case, usernames) not being my specialty, I'm not sure exactly which one you were. Oh well, everyone I met were very nice people, and I enjoyed hanging out with all of them.

• Like 1

First year under my operation ( 2014) would be to remove trims brakes from The Beast, and continue annual retracting as needed. Retrack rough parts of The Racer and repaint the white supports.. Refill the splashdown area for the stunt track.. Have a 3rd train running for Flight of Fear to increase ride capacity. 2015: have SS power to increase the length of flight deck, repaint flight deck black supports with orange tracks renaming it to The Bat. Shut down and dismantle snoopy's splash dance. 2016: add new kids ride in place of snoopy's splash dance, add fountains in a walkway so kids can walk threw them to get wet... Have SS power retrack parts of Vortex for smoother transitions, repaint Vortex. 2017: off year move maintence barns that are adjacent to x base further away from the park.. 2018: add toilet bowl slide and trapdoor water slide to Soak City. 2019:remove the wolf pack and the rest of the Son of Beast track, leaving the station left. 2020: build young studs intanim giga coaster utilizing the old sob station, and build a unloading bay for increased capacity. 2021: off year, yearly maintenance. 2022: build dark flat ride inside of the crypt, with new theming. 2023: off year, remove Dino's 2024 extend x base towards where dinos was located add restroom and restaurants. 2025: add 2 new flat rides at x base. 2026: add water coaster to Soak City. 2027: build the worlds first b&m 4D coaster in base. 2028: off year maintence. 2029: add new kids ride. 2030: retire, and freeze myself in cryo have my body hidden in the park like Walt Disney. Just kidding

• Like 3

2014- Change the background music on International Street to jazz and swing music, orchestra music, and European music.

2015- Flying Dutchman would get brought back to Oktoberfest and add a Tempest ride to that area and name it Glockenspiel, speaking of that, I would have the glockenspiel on the front to the Festhaus repaired. The Wurlitzer 157 Band Organ on the carousel would also be restored.

2016- Build floral beds in Action Zone, to bring more green to that area, build an S&S Screamin' Swing and rename Action Zone back to Adventure Village.

2017- Gingko Trees in Coney Mall trimmed down back to their original shape, The Racer gets its old Patriotic color scheme back. Attitudes store replaced with a new PTC Cuddle Up. Dinosaurs Alive birthday party shelter would be relocated from Flight Commander pod and a Tilt a Whirl would be built on that spot. 3 point challenge would be removed and a new Larson Flying Scooter ride would be built. Paramount Story (Tower Gardens) would have working water pools again. Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel would be built behind WindSeeker, near The Vortex exit and Action Theater entrance.

2018- Tomb Raider building would be demolished and a would be replaced with a new lake to take the place of Swan Lake, visitors can take a canoe or a pedal boat out. The KI & MV RR would get its animatronic characters back. The leftover land behind the Banshee, once taken up by Son of Beast, would be used for a new section dedicated to family friendly rides.

2019- Soak City would feature a new water slide. A rider would enter a single person capsule, where they are shut in. The worker presses a button and a trap door would open below them, and they take a plunge to the bottom (I've seen those things in waterparks around the world and thought Kings Island should build one).

• Like 2