If you owned Kings Island

kicsehlhorst

New in 2015- Rattle Snake falls, a record breaking log gloom in Rivertown. 190 feet tall. New water coaster in Soak City. Action Zone re themed to Amusement Dark. Phantom Theatre returns in Amusement Dark.

New in 2016- The Cyclops a record breaking floorless coaster in the new section 'The grove' acrossed picnic grove. 5,500 feet long, 250 feet tall

New in 2017- A new restaurant in the grove. 'Kings Island Classics' the restaurant. Front gate gets a remodel. Picnic Grove is now in Coney Mall

New in 2018- The Bat: Returns an inverted wing coaster, first of its kind. 205 feet tall. 4,900 feet long. In the grove.

New in 2019- A new stage in the grove. And a smaller Timberwolf moves to the grove.

New in 2020- A new Strata coaster called Ghost of Beast in Amusement Dark. Located where Timberwolf was. 190 feet tall. 4,700 feet long. Vortex is announced to be taken down the following year. Along with Vortex being torn down, Action theatre is torn down and a new and improved Action theatre is now in the grove.

New in 2021- A new area located behind Winderseeker called land of the flats is filled with flat rides

2022- Crypt building torn down. Construction starts there. Teasers are 'Beware of ...' and 'What did we tear down?' And ' It's dead ahead! In the tomb'

New in 2023- The Crypt: Returns an outdoor top spin. Firehawk is shipped to Cedar Point.

New in 2024- Flying Ace is part of Rivertown now, called 'The Venom'. Flight of Fear is its own area again.

2025- Teasers for construction in 'The Grove' 'Giants ahead!' 'Not the sound of a Banshee' 'Foot prints'

New in 2026- The Sasquatsh is Kings Island's third invert (Counting The Bat:Returns) It is 220 feet high and is 5,230 feet long and has Brown tracks and green supports

• Like 1

Reading some of these ideas just downright kill me. Some have no consideration for budget and others go many years in a row with nothing but maintenance, which, I'm pretty sure results in attendance drops. I never knew "enthusiasts" could have such horrid plans. Also, most give nothing to the water park until 2019! 15 years after the last new slide! I'm hoping 2015's addition is some new slides. We are well overdue for some.

• Like 9

Once I become the owner of Kings Island, here's how it's all gonna go down.

I'd make The Racer go backwards again during my first season. Then I'd start making plans for the rest of the park. I'd get rid of Tower Gardens and split the area between international street and Oktoberfest. On the Oktoberfest side, I would add a topspin ride and on the international street side, I'd add a shop or a restaurant. I would keep Backlot Stunt Coaster because even though it sucks, it still is a people eater. I would add some more flat rides around the stunt coaster property and also one behind the international street showplace next to Diamondback. No more starlight spectacular. I would get rid of WindSeeker because it is not really a popular ride and it is always down. I'd invest some money in the train ride and bring back the old scenery. I'd also invest in an X-Base. Also I'd keep the peanuts characters. Over the years i would add some coasters. In 2022 I'd add a B&M giga in X-Base that goes 350 ft dropping an extra 100ft through a valley dropping at a total on 450 ft.

That's what I'd do.

• Like 1

2013- Keep building Banshee.

2014- Add something Similar to Wicked Twister

2015- Get new trains for Vortex

2016-Upgrade Food choices

2017- Get something similar to TTD But a tiny bit taller.

2018 - Paint all rides

2019-Get a Wingrider called *Edge-Experince the Other side:

2020-Intamin Giga

2021 - Rebuild SOB with topper track with a corkscrew and double barrel roll added.

• Like 1

2014: continue with Banshee and re theme AZ to a Halloween/spooky theme re name flight deck and paint it black and orange.

2016: take down Vortex and replace it with an intamin blitz coaster like Maverick.

2018: build an Intamin prefab woodie behind Banshee with a 200ft drop.

2020: build an Intamin giga coaster 340ft drop (not sure where it would be located)

2022: remove Firehawk and build the tallest fastest B&M wing rider with the worlds tallest vertical loop somewhere in x base.

Of coarse there would be some smaller flat and kiddie rides in between all these coasters somewhere I'm just like to focuse on the roller coasters.

Sorry to double post...following suite as other posters I guess

2014--Media Day/VIP day for Banshee, also include a new coastermania midway through season (not just this one day stuff like CP, return to the several day coastermania, repeat for subsequent years) Lastly expand ERT back to 1hr to alot time for new coaster, and also allow ERT visitors to roam anywhere in the park like at CP. Also plan

2015--Totally revamp live E, make shows in Festhaus more entertaining, possibly bring in more midway live e venues other than around AZ, IS, ect. Repaint of several rides.

2016--New slides/attraction(s) for Soak City, removal of Crypt building, freeing view of train/DB, removal of Congo falls and placement into Soak City, possible replacment of Go Karts/Track in Congo Falls slot

2017--New flat ride expanding X Base (prefer an S&S Sansei Screamin' Swing, this could change as new flat rides develop over the years)

2018--Front entrance revamp slightly, add better fountain system to royal fountains (music/light interaction, ect.), also repaint coasters/flats as needed

2019--Addition to Planet Snoopy expanding back towards Soak City

2020--Expand area behind X Base towards AZ, include new GCI, GG coaster, or possible prefab Intamin woodie depending on costs

2021--Renovate Eifel Tower theater, retheme for new current shows

2022--50 Year Anniversary, celebration, ect. Mark season end/success with announcement of B&M giga

Seems pretty balanced

2014- Open Banshee: The World's Longest Inverted Coaster. Add the Banshee howl at the top of the first drop and I would make sure that the station looks like it appears in the rendering. During the night, I would have fog machines not only around Banshee but around Flight Deck too.

2015- Dish the Dinos and bring back the Trail of Terror. Also restore Urgent Scare to its former glory.Get rid of ALL Fast Lane because I believe that it detracts from the regular guest experience. Replace Diamondback's Fast Lane with the single rider. Insist that Surf Dog officially is a coaster so that Kings Island can advertise having 15 roller coaster!

2016- A Screamin' Swing is added to X-Base along with restrooms. Also a place where you can buy food, not a stand, but more like a small building is added.

2017- Do no capital expenditures in order to save up for an Intamin Giga

2018- A 312 ft tall, 95 mph, 5,400 ft long red, white, and red Intamin Giga is added to the now expanded X-Base

2019-...

For 2018 I'd built a 350' Intamin giga coaster over Banshee and call it "Wife of Beast" and in the queue line play this beautiful song on repeat:

On a more serious note, I'd probably spend a few years to re-theme AZ to a medieval theme. Put in a new themed sit-down restaurant, new dark ride, and a flat (Mondial Splash-Over called Trebuchet?).

I would also make waterpark a seperate admission for more revenue.

Oceans of Fun just went the other way. Reason? To increase revenue. Two parks for one low price brings in more revenue in non-resort areas, especially when nearby waterparks compete. Mr. Ouimet discussed this during the last conference call.

Why dosen't CP do two parks for the price of one? CP's Soak City is nothing to write home about.

Ok, I'll bite. It's good that we aren't in charge of the park's 5-year plan. :)

2014: With the addition of Banshee, rename and refresh Action Zone. Rename Drop Tower and Flight Deck with more marketable names.

2015: Get rid of franchised food in the Festhaus; revamp all menus. Add a high-capacity, signature attraction to the waterpark. (Modern slide complex or water coaster)

2016: Add a second full-service restaurant. Introduce 3 classic flat rides. Completely re-theme the dark ride. (After 13 years, it's overdue.)

2017: Add a music/light show involving the Royal Fountains at 9:30pm, preceding fireworks. Cosmetic improvements to IS, fountains and Coney Mall. Introduce a large, thrilling flat ride. (Top Spin?)

2018: Replace 2-3 rides in the kids' area with new ones offering better capacity. Add a heavily-themed log flume to Rivertown. Cosmetic improvements in Rivertown.

2019: Add another large, thrilling roller coaster with a unique experience and excellent placement. (Let someone else figure out the manufacturer and model. But not YoungStud.)

2020: Move Backlot to a smaller park, replacing it with 1-3 family flat rides and an indoor/outdoor dining area near the tower.

2021: Install a heavily-themed, family-friendly roller coaster or dark ride to compliment Adventure Express and replace Backlot. Start work on cosmetic improvements for next season.

2022: For the anniversary season, add nothing new but make major refurbishments throughout the park. Paint jobs on major rides should be finished by this season.

2023: Either Invertigo or Firehawk should be near the end of its functional life by now, so remove it. Install another large, thrilling coaster to complement the park's lineup. (If 2019's was not made out of wood, this one should be.)

By the way, everyone tearing down Vortex and/or Flight Deck should prepare for the combined verbal wrath of thedevariouseffect and homestar92 at the next KIC meet-up.

• Like 9

I would also make waterpark a seperate admission for more revenue.

Oceans of Fun just went the other way. Reason? To increase revenue. Two parks for one low price brings in more revenue in non-resort areas, especially when nearby waterparks compete. Mr. Ouimet discussed this during the last conference call.

Why dosen't CP do two parks for the price of one? CP's Soak City is nothing to write home

about.

As Mr. Ouimet observed, making the waterpark a separate gate works in resort areas. People extend their stay and stay on property and for longer. At the more local parks, more people buy season passes when they see the waterpark as part of a package, come more often and spend more in both parks.

• Like 1

2015 - From a realistic budget standpoint, no new attractions, but new planters added in Action Zone, repaint the buildings and Delirium.

2016 - New Screamin' Swing in Rivertown in place of The Crypt's building.

2017 - Water coaster in Soak City, finally. Not longest or fastest or anything like that, just a simple water coaster.

2018 - Congo Falls removed, new log flume opens in Rivertown

2019 - After "saving up" by adding small investments to the park, a new Intamin giga opens - 380' and with a cable lift! Breaks the record for longest coaster in the world with 8,500ft. of track!

2020 - No new attractions, minor improvements around the park

Hold up. Did you just say to get rid of Panda Express? That's not ok!

I'd prefer some unique food options in the Festhaus, perhaps matching the theme a bit better than "mall food court".

If you can think of another place to stick Panda Express, it can stay in my quickly-thought-out version of the ten-year plan. :)

• Like 5

1. I would start my day early by drinking a cup of coffee while walking through the park, talking to the maintenance staff.

2. After having run the Color Me Pink 5k, I would start a monthly race series at Kings Island, starting on opening day, and finishing during Haunt.

3. Have some sort of private club on International Street a la Disney World.

4. Look into having parts of Kings Island open 12 months a year.

5. Putting a dark ride into the building housing BBOBH that's at least on par with the rest of the park.

6. More upscale dining/shopping options.

7. Look into a true "Kings Island hotel".

OK, i'll bite. I'll try to be realistic in terms of CapEx, but realize I don't have a handle on what most of this stuff costs, so I'll likely be "overboard", hopefully not nearly as overboard as some of these plans calling for $25+ mil in CapEx every season. I'm also working off the assumption that no current ride in the park will be removed/demo'd or become SBNO. Anyhoo:

2014: Banshee is coming, as everyone knows. I'm in agreement w/ others about retheming that area of the park. I love the idea of converting Flight Deck to The Bat, but we'll hold off on that for now, retheming and repainting that ride is going to cost a decent amount. I'd ripe out the concrete where the water tower once stood and create a combination of islands/landscaping that would serve both as the entrance to Banshee, and a visual improvement to the area. I wouldn't convert the name of Action Zone, quite yet, I'd wait until I have more things done.

2015: W/ the most expensive coaster just installed the year prior, not many are expecting huge improvements in the park, so I'm going to list a lot of small things (that will probably add up to a large expense in the end). The Racers get repainted, it needs it badly. I know there are lead issues involved (or at least I've been lead to believe that) and I now that complicates things. As such, no matter how much I'd love to see the original paint job w/ the red and blue railing, I'm just going to leave it all clean and white. I'm also going to open up the final break run. Is there a reason they boarded that up? Kind of makes the end of the ride seem trashy. I'm fixing the clock on the festhause, a working clock there would add some magic to that area. Inside the festhaus I'm going to rename it the international feshaus. Keep the chinese, it seems popular (and is pretty good), keep the larosa's, ditch the burgers that I've never tried but look nasty, add a potatoe works company station in there for fries, and most importantly, bring Schmidt's out of columbus on board. They do a great german style buffet, their creampuffs are to die for and the german fair would bring back to balance the "italian" and chinese food. I love the look of the beirgarten, however the biggest problem I see with it, at least when we go at nights in the middle of the week, its usualy dead. Anyone been to HaufBrau house? Get some glasses like that, put in security to ensure that no one in the area leaves w/ one, sell them at the front gate. You could sell a punch of liter and pint size glasses w/ the KI logo stamped across them. As a "cheap" addtion/money maker, have a different coaster/ride featured each month in a plastic version that you could "upgrade" to and get to carry around with you. In April/May you guy The Beast version, in June you get Vortex, July is Drop Zone, August/September is Banshee, and one w/ a haunt for October. This could carry on, so that in subsequent years you get Flight of Fear, Diamondback, viking fury, etc, etc, etc... And now my biggest 2015 addition/cleanup is the remake of the tower gardens. Once such a pretty walk thru is uterly useless unless your a smoker looking to smoke in seclution. For anyone that's been to entrainment junction and seen their Coney Island project, that is where i'm going. A "to scale" model of KI the season that it opened, complete w/ operational to scale racers, scobie doo, merry go round, etc... A worker at EJ told me it cost them $100k (many of the people who build their models are volunteers), get them on board as a cross promtional item. Set up a shop to sell vintage KI gear, a tshirt w/ The Bat logo, an old The Beast shirt that hasn't been printed in 20+ years, etc... Set up TV screens w/ documentaries on the history of KI, history of a particular ride, etc... Similar to the beer mug idea, this is an area that can be improved over several seasons. Once the original "to scale" model of KI is built, work on a to scale model of The Beast, perhaps a to scale model of what the park looked like at its 25th anniversary, etc.... Take great care of it, and its a place people will come visit time and time again.

2016: W/ 2015 behind us, and many small improvements made, its time to go w/ two new additions. Holiday world built their latest water coaster for a reported $9 mil, KI needs something similar in the water park. That will be the selling point for season passes, but the front gate is what you'll notice when you first arrive. A revamped front gate, figure out a way to make access to the restaurant above work, then add a 2nd sit down restaurant. Add outdoor seating on a patio above where you walk thru, perhaps offer a $100 fireworks and dinner feature that garuntees you a table for 2 (or 4 or whatever) a great view of the fireworks and a choice of items off a select menu. Reservations start at 9:00 so you get an hour to enjoy your meal prior to the fireworks kicking off. As far as the entrance goes, they need more electronic ticket windows. In this day and age, a simple credit card scan can be done w/o any human assitance. Let me come up scan my card, get my tickets and walk on in, give me the option to purchase fast pass right there if desired, purchase a meal plan, reserve a table in the new restaurant at night if so desired, etc...

2017: Again small additions, but this time for the smallest of guests. Snoopy Junction, sorry but you're not all that popular and tucked back into a section of Planet Snoopy that few take use. ripe our snoop juntion, and part of the picnic area (does it really need to be that big? I don't know I've never been back there, but it seems rather large), add a new kids coaster, something for the 40" and above crowd that families can ride together. I'm also going to add a tea cup style ride in that area, something the family can ride together, a fairly standard amusement park attraction that has been missing for some time. Oh, mice are pretty small are they not? I'm also going inside action theater or whatever that place is called, ripping out the movie screen and installing an indoor wild mouse. Or perhaps even use the covered canopy section to make it part indoor/part outdoor. KI is in need of a wild mouse, and it could help fill that gap b/w the 40" coasters and the 48" rides.

2018:Hmm.... its been 4 years since Banshee came into play, I talked about revamping Action Zone, is it time for the next big thing? Not quite, but we are getting back to Action Zone. The name is changed, flight deck gets renamed The Bat, takes on a black paint job and everyone feels like its the 80s again. Dinos have also meet the end of their run, at least Dinosaurs Alive. Timberwolf has long since outlived its usefulness. Aside from the jesus festival, I don't think it holds anything else. Time to make use of that land, congo falls comes down (kind of) and is converted to an (partially) indoor boat ride w/ the dino's moved into that area. Several lifts, several falls (including a backwards decent or two) take you around to a new lift hill coming out of the area and splashing down into where congo falls splashes down today. Add a couple more flats in this area and the Action Zone is almost complete.

2019: Not much is done, some cleaning up/sprucing up of different areas but all season long speculation is running rampant that x-base is getting bathrooms, and they must be huge because footers are showing up everywhere.

2020: KI's 300'+ giga finally arrives (plus some bathrooms in X-Base) The mainanence sheds are relocated, the station sits to the south of Firehawk, while the lift wraps around Firehawk and the ride takes you back to SOBs old stomping ground, close to where Banshee is going in. The Beast maintains the title of longest wooden roller coaster in the world, while KI gains the title back for all coasters w/ a hill hopping, terrain hugging, sky climbing thrill ride.

There is my 6 year plan.

2015- Dish the Dinos and bring back the Trail of Terror. Also restore Urgent Scare to its former glory.Get rid of ALL Fast Lane because I believe that it detracts from the regular guest experience. Replace Diamondback's Fast Lane with the single rider. Insist that Surf Dog officially is a coaster so that Kings Island can advertise having 15 roller coaster!

First, I'm pretty sure that Kings Island already does advertise Surf Dog as a roller coaster.

Second, just because the park owner insists on something being classified as a coaster, doesn't mean it is.

• Like 2

If i were to own Kings Island I would do this to the park

New in 2015- 'Slenderman' a new Intamin giga coaster track is black and gray supports! Located in Action Zone. 315 feet tall

New in 2016- 'Flying eagles' located in Coney Mall behind Icee stall

New in 2017- 'Eagle' a record breaking wing coaster located in X-base. X-base becomes it's own area. 230 feet tall

New in 2018- New food choices, The Viking Fury is replaced with a new ship that now goes upside down and is called 'Vikings Revenge'. And the original ship is moved over to Rivertown called 'Viking Fury' WinterFest returns. Drop Tower gets new paint job similar to Kings Dominion's but Purple and blue.

New in 2019- A second invert is installed after 'Banshee' and takes 'Invertigo's place and is called 'Loch Ness Monster'. It moves crossed the entrance and in front of Planet Snoopy. It reaches the height of 180 feet high. And is 5,100 feet long.

2020- Invertigo returns in X-Base. It is painted Orange and blue. A new indoor section in the park is installed with 2 roller coasters. And five flat rides, it is located in X-Base. The indoor section of the park is open year round, and Flight of Fear is open year round, too.

New in 2022- Lapbars are installed onto Vortex. Italian Job is torn down and construction starts. Kings Island celebrates 50th anniversary.

New in 2023- a new intamin Launch coaster.

2024- Soak City gets major attractions 6 New water slides. 2 New water coasters. A new lazy river. Water park is re themed to extreme beach kinda feel. Re named to Splash Zone.