If you owned Kings Island

kicsehlhorst

Reading some of these ideas just downright kill me. Some have no consideration for budget and others go many years in a row with nothing but maintenance, which, I'm pretty sure results in attendance drops. I never knew "enthusiasts" could have such horrid plans. Also, most give nothing to the water park until 2019! 15 years after the last new slide! I'm hoping 2015's addition is some new slides. We are well overdue for some.

if anyone knew how much Kings Island was making and there budget on a year to year basis would make these posts more realistic

2013- Immediately cancel Banshee and pay intamin to redesign a maverick like coaster that is 7000 ft long, goes 85 mph, has 4 launches, and 10 tunnels, Drop a dummy from WindSeeker to start a rumor someone died, cut it down and throw it in the field so everyone can make up death stories about it, scrap the Eiffel Tower, Outlaw anything but blue cream, resurrect Tomb Raider, Bull doze Backlot(replace with compact Intamin),

2014- Tear down Vortex, Begin working on an Intamin record shattering coaster. TTD/MF hybrid launches 0-160 in 5 secs, then later in the ride climbs a 500 ft hill using a cable lift, and reaches 120 at the bottom, overall a 12000 ft coaster.

2015- Tear down Firehawk and build a 300ft 90mph winged coaster, 8000 ft long

2016-Tear down The Beast and build a 13000 ft wood/steel hybrid, 300ft/95mph 8 trains, 4 lift hills

2017- Scrap Flight Deck and Invertigo and build a Intamin launched Invert, 285 ft, 90 mph, 15 Inversions, 9000 ft long

2018- Remove Drop Tower and build a 1000 ft drop ride, Build another kiddy land and center it around AE

2019- Level The Racer and build a new Intamin steel racing coaster that goes frontwards/backwards, 300 ft/95/7500 ft

2020- Rebuild SOB but double the height and speed (Steel Intamin)

• Like 2

First year under my operation ( 2014) would be to remove trims brakes from The Beast, and continue annual retracting as needed. Retrack rough parts of The Racer and repaint the white supports.. Refill the splashdown area for the stunt track.. Have a 3rd train running for Flight of Fear to increase ride capacity. 2015: have SS power to increase the length of flight deck, repaint flight deck black supports with orange tracks renaming it to The Bat. Shut down and dismantle snoopy's splash dance. 2016: add new kids ride in place of snoopy's splash dance, add fountains in a walkway so kids can walk threw them to get wet... Have SS power retrack parts of Vortex for smoother transitions, repaint Vortex. 2017: off year move maintence barns that are adjacent to x base further away from the park.. 2018: add toilet bowl slide and trapdoor water slide to Soak City. 2019:remove the wolf pack and the rest of the Son of Beast track, leaving the station left. 2020: build young studs intanim giga coaster utilizing the old sob station, and build a unloading bay for increased capacity. 2021: off year, yearly maintenance. 2022: build dark flat ride inside of the crypt, with new theming. 2023: off year, remove Dino's 2024 extend x base towards where dinos was located add restroom and restaurants. 2025: add 2 new flat rides at x base. 2026: add water coaster to Soak City. 2027: build the worlds first b&m 4D coaster in base. 2028: off year maintence. 2029: add new kids ride. 2030: retire, and freeze myself in cryo have my body hidden in the park like Walt Disney. Just kidding

2031: come out of cryo haha, add new log flume ride to Soak City like pilgrims plunge except steeper. Close and remove Congo falls at end of season 2032: expand Action Zone with a spruce up. Improve timberwolf theatre, into like illuminosity.. Add new path to upgraded timberwolf theatre. 2033: remove what used to be Dino's gift shop and party plaza and add big Ferris wheel. Remove paths from tower gardens. 2034: add antique cars in tower gardens with refurbished fountains that where once in use in tower gardens Sell Invertigo. 2035: add record breaking looping coaster built by /Gerstlauer. Where Invertigo and Congo falls once was. 2036: repaint and spruce up Planet Snoopy. scrap race for your life Charlie brown 2037: add new log flume in Soak City add new misting cool off sections threwout the park. 2038: add new family oriented kiddy coaster where Charlie Brown log flume was. Close down whitewater canyon for renovations. 2039: retheme rivertown into adventure village, water canyon renovated, add flying eagles now called wild eagles where shooting hoops was 2040: spruce up international street, glass in and open first floor for the Eiffel Tower. Scrap Adventure Express at the end of the season. 2041: add new intanim maverick style coaster where Adventure Express was, integrating theming of a mine cart type of ride whipping threw themed tunnels. Also spruce up Octoberfest area. 2042: i finally get a life and end the additions here.

I won't go by year by year, but, I'll go area by area. I'm afraid I'm going to show my Otaku side here.

International Street: Ad a zipline that goes from the first deck of the Eiffel Tower to the old International Restaurant. Turn tower gardens into a Kings Island History exhibit like what they did for KI 20th anniversary where Skylab used to be.

Coney Mall: Put in three flat rides where flat rides used to be but were not replaced. Skylab, Flying Eagles, Flight Commander. I'd say a Gerstlaur Sky Roller, Zamperla Wave Blaster, Chance Free Style. Return the backwards Racer, and motion seats in the FX Theater. Make an original 3D Motion film based on Phantom Theater.

Rivertown: Return the scenery and animations to the train. There is a great wooded area over by The Beast behind the old Crypt building. This would be great for another river type ride. I'd say a Bayou themed Splash Battle. Get rid of the Crypt building and build an S & S Free Fly X

Oktoberfest: I'm not sure what to do here since there is not much in the way of room. Perhaps maybe a giant wheel, or an ABC Rides Giant Smart Swing http://www.abc-engineering.ch/cms/front_content.php?idart=100

Planet Snoopy: Give the Peanuts the boot and get a cartoon company that has current programming. Since Hanna-Barbera no longer exists but in name only and Six Flags doesn't seem to want to do anything with the product, Time-Warner is a free agent anyway since they no longer own Six Flags, I'd go with Cartoon Network. It brings back some of the old Hanna-Barbera Characters as well as current CN characters. I'd gut out Boo Blasters and the old Enchanted Theater and put in an Adventure Time dark ride where you battle Pepper's Ghost monsters, The Ice King and Marceline. An SB International Flintstones Themed Car Ride. A Kid's Next Door Themed Heege Tower Ride. Zierer Jet Skis. I kind of went Legoland on this, but, I kind of wanted a kid's area that wasn't a copycat area of Six Flags or every other family owned park.

Action Zone: Once Paramount left Action Zone just became another Coney Mall with no real theme. I fact the only ride themed after the movie it was named after was Top Gun. Face//Off and Drop Zone had a movie name, but, no real theme. I wanted to make a theme area based on Sega's Joypolis http://tokyo-joypolis.com/ and J-World Tokyo http://www.namco.co.jp/tp/j-world/. Shonen Jump's Action Zone featuring anime and manga shows and characters from Viz medias Shonen Jump magazine. Amazon Falls will be remodeled and extended covered and themed to One Piece. Banshee will remained the same. It's the only ride in the area without a stupid name. Drop Tower will be renamed and themed to Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Freefall, and so on. Interactive games, and shows.

One questions. How often is Timber Wolf used? It doesn't seem like it is used at all.

2014- Change the background music on International Street to jazz and swing music, orchestra music, and European music.

2015- Flying Dutchman would get brought back to Oktoberfest and add a Tempest ride to that area and name it Glockenspiel, speaking of that, I would have the glockenspiel on the front to the Festhaus repaired. The Wurlitzer 157 Band Organ on the carousel would also be restored.

2016- Build floral beds in Action Zone, to bring more green to that area, build an S&S Screamin' Swing and rename Action Zone back to Adventure Village.

2017- Gingko Trees in Coney Mall trimmed down back to their original shape, The Racer gets its old Patriotic color scheme back. Attitudes store replaced with a new PTC Cuddle Up. Dinosaurs Alive birthday party shelter would be relocated from Flight Commander pod and a Tilt a Whirl would be built on that spot. 3 point challenge would be removed and a new Larson Flying Scooter ride would be built. Paramount Story (Tower Gardens) would have working water pools again. Eli Bridge Ferris Wheel would be built behind WindSeeker, near The Vortex exit and Action Theater entrance.

2018- Tomb Raider building would be demolished and a would be replaced with a new lake to take the place of Swan Lake, visitors can take a canoe or a pedal boat out. The KI & MV RR would get its animatronic characters back. The leftover land behind the Banshee, once taken up by Son of Beast, would be used for a new section dedicated to family friendly rides.

2019- Soak City would feature a new water slide. A rider would enter a single person capsule, where they are shut in. The worker presses a button and a trap door would open below them, and they take a plunge to the bottom (I've seen those things in waterparks around the world and thought Kings Island should build one).

2020- 15 years after its construction, the Italian Job (Backlot) would be removed.

2021- Teasers for new ride would arise on a fence surrounding the old Italian Job site.

2022- The parks 50th anniversary season. Eiffel Tower lighting upgraded, illuminated by white LED up lighting, similar to the old flood lighting. Snoopy's Splash Dance replaced by Woodstock's Rafts (I'm not very creative with naming rides), a ride similar to Gulliver's Rub-a-Dub, Race for your life Charlie Brown is renamed back to Kings Mill Log Flume and is part of Rivertown again. The Antique Car ride returns, a Philadelphia Toboggan Company roller coaster, named Cyclone, would be built around the Antique Cars. During the middle of June, a large fireworks display, marking the parks 50th birthday, would be set off.

2023- Festhaus serves German food again. S&S Space Shot tower, named Bull's-Eye, erected in Adventure Village on spot of old water tower.

2024- Basketball game near Racer entrance relocated to Adventure Village near Face/Off entrance. New Chance Aviator ride named Space Cruiser opens in that spot.

• 4 weeks later...

^ The Festhaus usually has sports on the TVs between live shows, and I think all shows are wrapped up for the season already. The Reds Grille might as well show football, since the Reds game on Sunday doesn't start until five minutes after the park closes.

So I would say that that would be not only doable, but very likely as well. :)

• Like 1

Get rid of DA, retheme the kids area to something kids today watch & know about, coasters (a lot of them), bring back Winterfest, make Haunt bigger & better, get rid of 4D theater to expand the park & so much more!

Remove: Vortex, flight deck, Invertigo, congo falls, whitewater, games, stunt coaster, Adventure Express. With the empty space put either a flat ride or some kind of coaster.

Also add more cars to FOF (if at all possible).

Then possibly a new area of the park devoted to Cincy with rides (ex. The Bangle), restaurants (maybe one with all cincy foods like skyline, Larosas, greaters) then stores themed to all things Cincinnati.

Really, I might want to rethink that.

A lot of those ride take up very little space and other take so much it would be so hard to replace.

Taking out Backlot and Flight Deck would devastate my brother those are the only things that he really loves to ride outside of Planet Snoopy.

We sure wouldn't be taking as many trips to Kings Island if you destroyed 8 attractions.

• Like 4

A lot of those ride take up very little space and other take so much it would be so hard to replace.

Taking out Backlot and Flight Deck would devastate my brother those are the only things that he really loves to ride outside of Planet Snoopy.

We sure wouldn't be taking as many trips to Kings Island if you destroyed 8 attractions.

With taking out those attractions there could always be a better version of it (like for FD maybe retheme & rebuild it (in length) to be The Bat , then with BSC make it longer in a new location with some rethemeing) but if I were to do any changes I could probably send out a poll either on here, the official site, or through the email send out to see what could be done. But when it comes to changes there's always benefits!

• Like 2

With taking out those attractions there could always be a better version of it (like for FD maybe retheme & rebuild it (in length) to be The Bat , then with BSC make it longer in a new location with some rethemeing) but if I were to do any changes I could probably send out a poll either on here, the official site, or through the email send out to see what could be done. But when it comes to changes there's always benefits!
Really? Not all change is good. Many changes have resulted in loss of customer base and eventual closure of a business.

Just two instructive examples. The put in a crapload of rides that nearly doomed Geauga Lake when it was converted to Six Flags Ohio. In fact, that plan seemed remarkably similar to yours. Then, combining it with SeaWorld of Ohio to make Worlds of Adventure sealed it.

Get up in a Geauga Lake lover's face and tell them that with all change comes benefits.

Simply put, no.

• Like 4

Again change is good! Look at SOB, we now have Banshee as a result of change. Plus I wouldn't do it all at once, I would obviously do it all over time along with breaks here & there. But I would never do any "dramatic" changes to the park, it's fine the way it is. But there are things that just need to retire after some point in time.

Again change is good! Look at SOB, we now have Banshee as a result of change. Plus I wouldn't do it all at once, I would obviously do it all over time along with breaks here & there. But I would never do any "dramatic" changes to the park, it's fine the way it is. But there are things that just need to retire after some point in time.

And also KI has so much property there's always room for more! So change is a 25% chance.