Biggest Announcement in Dollywood History

Just got back from Dollywood, we were there on the 4th last day of the season. Amazing to have such a great day and none of the outdoor coasters were open and we only rode the Barnstormer and Blazzing Furry. Then again like many have said Dollywood is much more than Cedar Point South and the shows and talent were top notch. The production quality and special effects of The Christmas Carol were amazing. Well done Dolly.

Anyways when we walked past Fire Chaser Express, I was amazed at the size and scope of this ride. My daughter was begging to come back and ride it next year. The best way to describe it is Stunt Track on some serious steroids. It is huge and fits the hillside perfectly. This area of the park is going to be jammed next season with Wild Eagle, Firechasser, and
Tennessee Tornado so close. And yes we applied our admission to season passes for next year. Very reasonable prices, plus the fact that Little Miss RailRider is tall enough to ride everything, plus will grow the 1/2 inch needed to ride Wild Eagle (only has a 50inch height requirement), it was an easy decision.

Looking forward to a season full of Cinnamon Bread and Blue Ice Cream. 2 parks that really hit the family demo out of the park, yet are completely different.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CoasterForce has posted a POV of the new ride:

My opinion of the new addition: wow! Not only does the roller coaster appear to be a thrilling, enjoyable attraction, but it's very unique and noteworthy for multiple reasons: there's both a launch(es) and a lift hill, the ride travels forwards and backwards, it utilizes remnants from the former Adventure Mountain, and, for a seasonal park, it has some great themeing and effects.

But the best part, in my opinion? The 39" height requirement. The only coaster a 39" child can ride at Kings Island is Great Pumpkin Coaster, which is tiny compared to Dollywood's new attraction. And don't get me wrong, Banshee looks great. But our park could really benefit from future additions similar to this one, which can accommodate whole families.

• Like 11

Dollywood never ceases to amaze me. This coaster epitomizes what they're all about- mixing thrills in with a family atmosphere which about any demographic can enjoy. I mean, even those not able to ride it can enjoy it as it just looks fun to watch. The more simplistic aspect of the trains is something that sticks out- proves you don't need fancy hardware to make a great ride either. I'm still always amazed at the technology they can throw on a coaster these days- the switch track synchronizing with the little show they have when it stops, the audio and visual theming, etc. I like how it backs into the station much like a firetruck would back into a firehouse; a simple little aesthetic addition that works well. Looks like a really fun little ride.

• Like 6

Just got back from the Coaster Crew event. While the coaster is good, the way its blocked makes it an absolute capacity NIGHTMARE!!! There is a lot of time wasted on transfer track delays that could be minimized and save at least 30 to 60 seconds per ride. While that doesnt SEEM like a lot, it most certainly adds up. If you plan to ride this, I STRONGLY suggest walking as briskly as your body possibly can to the ride at rope drop, or (something I NEVER normally suggest and dont personally like) buying Q2Q. Again, it IS a fun coaster, but do not expect it to be re-rideable due solely to its very poor capacity.

The ride is a very fun ride. I got back from Dollywood a few hours ago. Spent most of the day yesterday at the park. I was not part of the Coaster Crew/ Great Ohio Coaster Club even, but ran into several familiar faces from on here. Some who no longer frequently post too. It was kind of nice that they recognized me, which shows what a great community that KIC is. My fiance was amazed at how many people recognized me.

The ride is fun, but it is certainly geared towards the younger set. Still a fun ride, but it is not high on the thrills. Going backwards was definitely a unique experience the way it launches backwards.

The new entrance plaza with the new Dollywood sign looks really nice. The only real hiccup that we encountered all day, was the several times we tried to ride Blazing Fury (at least twice), the ride broke down when we were in the queue, and they kicked us out of the queue. Seemed very disorganized way of doing it. (We were not allowed to wait in the queue).

We also got a big surprise when we watched the Africa show in the Celebration Theater. At the end of the show, Dolly Parton made a cameo on stage, and spent a few minutes welcoming everyone to Dollywood and Festival of Nations. Definitely a real treat, and totally unexpected!

All the rides were generally short waits despite the crowds. We waited about ten to fifteen minutes for Wild Eagle around 5 or 5:30, and about ten minutes for Thunderhead after our Wild Eagle ride Only exception was Dollywood Express. Full trains, and they had changed the time of the 4:15 train, unexpectedly, and we barely were able to get on the 4pm train. We had checked the sign on the train station at 3pm and saw the 4:15 departure time, but we were able to make it on, so were not concerned about it. The longest line we encountered was for the trams to the parking lot. (The park was so crowded that they were parking people in the Splash Country lot today!)

• Like 8

Again, it IS a fun coaster, but do not expect it to be re-rideable due solely to its very poor capacity.

The ride is fun, but it is certainly geared towards the younger set. Still a fun ride, but it is not high on the thrills. Going backwards was definitely a unique experience the way it launches backwards.

I agree with all of this. My first reaction was that the coaster is "cute". The coaster does serve a larger purpose in that families who have 39"-48" tall kids can ride together while any taller kids in the group can ride the bigger coasters in the same area at the same time.

On a side note, the vests on Wild Eagle have been modified and are now flexible! I still believe that the first drop - particularly in the back rows - is one of the best drops out there.

I have to disagree with both you ^^. Just because a ride is not the tallest or fastest or W.E. does not mean that only the little ones will enjoy this. I am guessing that some of the taller ones will enjoy this ride just like the little ones.

This looks like a ride made for entire families to enjoy not the just the thrill seekers.

• Like 1

I'll be at Dollywood soon, and will probably ride this once or twice. One of the things that caught my eye was what the announcer said first, it reminded me deeply of Blazing Fury.

• Like 1