Knotts WindSeeker to be Relocated?

Before anyone starts going crazy, I just wanted to take a second and say that this was posted on Screamscape. It may be true, it may not be true, but it's still interesting nevertheless. Here is what was posted on Screamscape:

icon_STOP.gif2014 - Two New Attractions - Rumor - (8/12/13) According to the rumor mill, Worlds of Fun may add two new attractions for 2014. The first one is rumored to be a new high capacity addition to the Oceans of Fun waterpark, who saw attendance go through the roof this season as the two parks were merged into one. One possible rumor is a new multi-lane mat racer slide, which is about a good a people eater as a waterpark can get.
The second rumored attraction is a bit crazy and comes with a bigger story… but this rumor is spreading like wildfire and I’ve got a feeling it may be true. Last week we mentioned that the Grand Prix Raceway may be removed this winter, and according to the rumor mill, it will be replaced by a WindSeeker ride.
Not just any WindSeeker, but the barely used at all WindSeeker tower from Knott’s Berry Farm. Knott’s WindSeeker has sat closed for nearly 11 months now, ever since it hit the national news when riders became stranded at the top of the ride for nearly 4 hours on September 19. This was the second breakdown that month, where riders were stuck for a couple of hours less than two weeks prior on Sept. 7. The fallout from these two incidents saw all WindSeeker rides at Cedar Fair parks across the nation shut down until the 2013 season… and all of them have since reopened… except the Knott’s ride.
At first Knott’s excuse for not opening WindSeeker was that they were busy with their big Boardwalk expansion, which featured three new rides, plus the complete refurbishment and updating of the park’s famous Timber Mountain Log Ride. It made sense that their hands were a bit full for the first half of the year, but with the busy Summer season coming to an end in a few weeks as the park gears up for their huge Halloween Haunt event, it seems odd WindSeeker is still just sitting there, forgotten.
According to the latest scuttlebutt, CAL/OSHA has re-inspected WindSeeker and the new evacuation system and is rumored to have refused to sign off on it, despite the fact the system has been approved for use at the other WindSeeker rides across the country. This has left Cedar Fair will really no other choice than to remove WindSeeker from Knott’s Berry Farm.
So what is Cedar Fair to do with a nearly brand-new WindSeeker ride? Install it in one of their parks that has yet to get a WindSeeker yet… and Worlds of Fun is said to be at the top of that list.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? As much as I'd hate to see a ride that's barely been used at a park that I feel this type of ride would be a great fit at, if it doesn't get approved then I don't see the company having any other option.

SBNO never brings in the dough...it's quite possible that this could be true. I don't think CF would be ordering a new one anytime soon, therefore if WOF were to get one it most likely would be that one....of course WOF could be getting a Green Intamin Giga... I heard that track was seen on I71 about a month ago....LOL

• Like 5

I would guess if CA/OSHA will not sign off on operations, and the ride has now been idle for almost 1 year, CF is looking at options and relocating is a viable option.

The removal could happen after the holidays, and be installed at WOF before the season.

CA/OSHA have been huge sticklers lately. They have Disney on fall protection upgrades EVERYWHERE. Roofs that are grandfathered are being changed to prevent falls. Rides like Indy went down mainly for evac path fall protection, but it did allow Imagineering time to upgrade lighting and effects at the same downtime.

Actually only one side would run cause of lack of ridership.

I know this is a late post, but the line for WindSeeker at Canada's Wonderland is always outside of the actually queue (it is a bit small) but its always at least a 20-30 minute wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been confirmed. SteelHawk that Worlds of Fun is getting next year is indeed Knott's WindSeeker.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/planned-worlds-of-fun-attraction-has-checkered-past

EDIT: Just remembered there was another thread created on this topic when the ride was announced. Checked, and found out this had already been discussed. My bad.