Blocking on-ride pictures?

MommaSmurfCone

I guess the park assumes a bouncing basketball is a bigger draw than an uninflated one, but it's highly irritating. One time a few years ago I saw someone hop a fence along The Beast exit ramp in order to retrieve a ball that had bounced into the grass just outside the station. I've also almost been trampled by guests running to retrieve a ball that got away from them.

• Like 1

Couple weeks ago I was at Cedar Point when we got off magnum a couple kids were trying to take a picture if their on ride photo with their phones. They didn't block the picture but the guy at the photo stall went absolutely ballistic.

I was getting off 'The Beastie' with my son...and we had a funny picture and I tried to snap it with my cellphone....(didn't know they wouldnt let you) and the Employee working inside the hut....went absolutely bonkers on me and started covering up the picture with a black book....

Wish it was more like Disney/other places....that freely let you snap cellphone shots of the image.

• Like 1

This is interesting because my wife and I were allowed to buy this on-ride photo from Kings Island.

555505_10100429683018904_98091687_n.jpg

We only bought it because it was beyond chaotic. I was teasing her the entire ride because she was freaking out for some reason (She gets nervouse on DB but loves the ride). Then these guys in front of us had some crazy faces and one of them is flicking the camera off. I think this ride photo is beyond hilarious. But technically we shouldn't have been able to buy it. Either way I'm glad they let us buy it because we have it on display in our living room and its a great memory for both of us.

• Like 4

Speaking of the basketballs, I remember being at SFoG when I was 12 and there were guys bouncing basketballs everywhere...like it was their job. My dad thought it'd be funny to reach over and steal one from a guy while he was bouncing it in line (a guy probably in his 20's). So he did and then passed it right back to him. The guy went crazy!! He didn't find it amusing at all and started threatening my dad, who was laughing b/c the guy was freaking out so badly. I guess he should have known better, we were in the ATL afterall. Anyway, this discussion triggered that memory. That was way back in spring of '94 and even then it was out of control, IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting because my wife and I were allowed to buy this on-ride photo from Kings Island.

555505_10100429683018904_98091687_n.jpg

We only bought it because it was beyond chaotic. I was teasing her the entire ride because she was freaking out for some reason (She gets nervouse on DB but loves the ride). Then these guys in front of us had some crazy faces and one of them is flicking the camera off. I think this ride photo is beyond hilarious. But technically we shouldn't have been able to buy it. Either way I'm glad they let us buy it because we have it on display in our living room and its a great memory for both of us.

I wish I could've bought a ride photo way back in '95. It was of two guys, about fifty years old, riding The Beast with their faces in a wide open grins, leaning forward into the wind. They were having blast, and it seems that they left their wives on a park bench to ride the coaster.

I pointed at that picture and said, "I want to be those guys."

I don't want to be the person sitting on a bench waiting when I reached fifty.

You can tell a lot about how a person handles life by their ride photo. Their primal personality comes out on a coaster.

• Like 2

I usually just sit there and enjoy the ride, what does that say about my primal personality :P

Too bland? :D

It depends on the ride with me, The Racer and diamondack its hands up the whole time. The Beast maybe the first two hills after thats its enjoy the ride. Firehawk its hands out, praying the restraints dont break. lol

Which is why inflated basketballs have no place in a park. In my opinion.

I agree, but the park has to max their profit. An un-inflated basketball has a prize just seems unappealing to the youngsters, so inflated ones it is.

But it could be inflated to less than enough for bouncing... still round and all, just not bounce-worthy! :D