What is your fear?

KevKenny

Bridges used to be a huge fear of mine. However, moving outside of SoOh meant crossing rather large bridges to get back home to visit. The worst being the drive between CO and OH... lots of bridges and a generally awful drive.

These days I don't really fear much, if something is going to happen it's going to happen whether I'm afraid or not... I think my give a darn is just busted these days.

• Like 2

A ride not too terribly far from Cinci had this on its marquee:

FACE YOUR FEARS HEAD ON

Anyone out there remember what ride it was? If so, post it!

(And no, it wasn't Face\Off)

FACE YOUR FEARS HEAD ON

Flight of Fear? Just a guess.

FACE YOUR FEARS HEAD ON

Wasn't that Twisted Sister's(Twins) at Kentucky Kingdom?

• Like 1

Haunted Houses, I'm not joking

The fake kind or the real kind? I live in the real kind and it's not at all like in the movies...At my house, which was built in the early 1800's we have footsteps, knocking, sometimes whispers, sometimes it calls my name...and one time I saw what appeared to be the lower half of someone in a civil war long jacket walking up our stair case in a black mist. I saw it out of the corner of my eye while watching T.V. and it lasted for about 3 seconds and never happened again. I have fallen asleep sitting on my couch and have felt someone jog my shoulder to wake me up. I have had something slap the top side of my feet to wake me up, while laying down on my back in bed. Even my dead cat came to visit me. He used to lay next to me on the couch and I felt him jump onto the couch and felt a very cold spot next to me. He used to jump up and sleep at the foot of my bed. He did this for about 2 months after his death. It often feels creepy but I have lived here all of my life and I expect it to happen every now and again and nothing has ever hurt any of us. Would I move....no....but to visit other real haunts? I'd love to go to one, but I'm not sure how I would react to something touching me or appearing to me in a strange place.

• Like 5

I have several family members who have claimed my great grandfather (passed away in 1980) has visited them at my grandparents home, he apparently walks the upstairs hallway at night and peaks in the rooms. I haven't stayed the night there since I was a teenager and then I would lock my door and sleep under the covers! :ph34r: My aunt claims she has actually spoken to him and he paused and listened, then he left. My aunt is an RN and is very trustworthy which freaks me out even more finding it hard to believe for her to make something like that up.

• Like 1

I remember as a child, we had a picture of my great great grandfather and we had lots of scary things happen (scary when you are 5 or 6) and everything stopped when my dad got rid of the picture. I remember when I was a child, there was one room I would always avoid. I would always see a little boy who lived in the closet. All that I remember now was that he was the same height as me and he wore what I would call a cowboy hat or something like it. The closet door wouldn't close completely and I would see glimpses of him peeking around the door, kind of like he was playing hide and seek. Of course I'd scream and everyone would come running.... I saw the child until I was about 9 years old. My dad, I think believed that I saw something. He always told me...this house has been in the family for years...these things you are seeing are just family, and most of the activity calmed down.

• Like 1

FACE YOUR FEARS HEAD ON

Wasn't that Twisted Sister's(Twins) at Kentucky Kingdom?

Yes, it was. And it clearly was meant as a wry slap at Face\OFF.

upstop, on 20 Aug 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

SonofBaconator, on 14 Aug 2013 - 5:23 PM, said:

Haunted Houses, I'm not joking

The fake kind or the real kind? I live in the real kind and it's not at all like in the movies...At my house, which was built in the early 1800's we have footsteps, knocking, sometimes whispers, sometimes it calls my name...and one time I saw what appeared to be the lower half of someone in a civil war long jacket walking up our stair case in a black mist. I saw it out of the corner of my eye while watching T.V. and it lasted for about 3 seconds and never happened again. I have fallen asleep sitting on my couch and have felt someone jog my shoulder to wake me up. I have had something slap the top side of my feet to wake me up, while laying down on my back in bed. Even my dead cat came to visit me. He used to lay next to me on the couch and I felt him jump onto the couch and felt a very cold spot next to me. He used to jump up and sleep at the foot of my bed. He did this for about 2 months after his death. It often feels creepy but I have lived here all of my life and I expect it to happen every now and again and nothing has ever hurt any of us. Would I move....no....but to visit other real haunts? I'd love to go to one, but I'm not sure how I would react to something touching me or appearing to me in a strange place.

Creepy, have you ever taken photos in your house and when you get them printed you get a big spot of white dust those are called orbs, my dad took a photo in my grandparents house and there were a couple in the photo.

• Like 1

I'm afraid of flying (well, crashing I should say), bugs, disease, death, and the dark. The strangest fear I have is giant plants - like when you go into a greenhouse and there's huge tropical plants with leaves bigger than your entire body. Creeps me out for some reason.

• Like 3

CP&LERR, We get orbs in pictures all the time....lots of orbs...

For the most part it's naked eye sighting and hearing noises...I don't believe most of the haunting type shows on TV, it's much more subtler, at least at my place...not saying that it couldn't happen to be more noticeable elsewhere. Maybe they just want to be heard and seen, like children try to be heard and seen. It might be a lonely existence and they just want company, who knows for sure...all I know is every once in a while they make an appearance.

• Like 1

Something else on my bucket list is to do an overnight ghost investigation at a famous haunted location. I'm not sure if I believe in that stuff, but I'd like to see whether or not I experience something first hand before jumping to conclusions.

Stay at Kings Island a night I bet the little girl in the blue dress would keep you company....

• Like 1

Any bug, not being good enough and now upstop's stories have me freaked out laying in my bed.

EDIT: Thought of some more: Dying slowly and painfully, being tortured and I have a huge, irrational fear of aliens. I watched Signs and Independence Day at too young of an age and never recovered.

• Like 1

CP&LERR, We get orbs in pictures all the time....lots of orbs...

For the most part it's naked eye sighting and hearing noises...I don't believe most of the haunting type shows on TV, it's much more subtler, at least at my place...not saying that it couldn't happen to be more noticeable elsewhere. Maybe they just want to be heard and seen, like children try to be heard and seen. It might be a lonely existence and they just want company, who knows for sure...all I know is every once in a while they make an appearance.

Could you show me some of the photos with orbs?

I visited many supposedly haunted places while in Scotland. Some of them truly felt creepy to be in but nothing happened to me. The only thing is that in one of our pictures of Ernest Shakleton's quarters on board the RMS Discovery docked in Dundee, there was an orb over the chair. I always think these so called "orbs" are just dust particles, but it was interesting since this was the only picture from the ship that had one. Think of it as you wish, but it's still interesting either way.