Kings island & Miami Valley Railroad

CP&LERR Fan

Well you are sorta true. They run three cars during haunt but on they also do three cars during the beginning of the season when the park doesn't have a lot of visitors. This year, Colerain had an off day on a Tuesday at the early in the 2013 season so we went up to KI and they were only running one train with three cars. We sat in the 3rd car.

P1010772_zps9cee4da1.jpg

P1010768_zps84365c11.jpg

The reason for this is because the PA system is in the front car along with the wheel chair section. In years past, up until 2012, the wheel chair car was in the back of the train and the PA system where the conductor speaks was in the front. Now in years past for the fall season, they always ran 3 cars: the front PA car, a middle car, and the wheelchair car, where the other conductor stood.

Now they can just run as many cars as they want because the rear conductor can just stand in the back of the car.

As for the cab, like what Adventuro said, you can only get on when the train is parked.

• Like 1

Well you are sorta true. They run three cars during haunt but on they also do three cars during the beginning of the season when the park doesn't have a lot of visitors. This year, Colerain had an off day on a Tuesday at the early in the 2013 season so we went up to KI and they were only running one train with three cars. We sat in the 3rd car.

The reason for this is because the PA system is in the front car along with the wheel chair section. In years past, up until 2012, the wheel chair car was in the back of the train and the PA system where the conductor speaks was in the front. Now in years past for the fall season, they always ran 3 cars: the front PA car, a middle car, and the wheelchair car, where the other conductor stood.

Now they can just run as many cars as they want because the rear conductor can just stand in the back of the car.

As for the cab, like what Adventuro said, you can only get on when the train is parked.

What are the odds of getting Lee Brown on the 18 or do they rotate each one on slow days?

P1010772_zps9cee4da1.jpg

P1010768_zps84365c11.jpg

I did say at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1

Yesterday's train ride was by far the best one I've had all year. The guy doing the spiel (I believe his name was Bret but I don't remember) decided to ad-lib the standard script and make it quite funny.

Highlights:

He made some comment about a "rickety old wooden bridge" and hoping it didn't collapse when we went over the wooden bridge shortly after leaving Rivertown

Apparently the train is powered by "Kings Island magic" and we were running low until everyone on the train yelled "choo choo", which replenishes the supply of magic

The bear in the woods is a vegetarian and is on a diet, so he won't eat you, but he will eat your salad if you bring him one, especially if it's got ranch dressing, but since he's on a diet it needs to be low-fat dressing.

The crossing guard is a trained bear wrestler

He made Soak City sound like a luxurious beach resort

He pointed out the "electrical outlets cleverly disguised as tree stumps", mentioning the old animatronics, and also joked about how realistic the blue stumps looked

He made some comment about a "big pile of rocks" being one of KI's greatest attractions, along with a couple of bad rock-related jokes ("they sure do rock" and "don't take them for granite")

He said that the western town is real (in comparison to the tree stumps), then added "real fake"

After mentioning Old Fort Coney and Missouri Jane, he said you might want to bring your Boo Blaster with you if you come that way at night

I also noticed that there's now a stuffed Pikachu wearing a bandana and cowboy hat sitting on the rocker at the store in the town along the route. Not sure when that was added but I thought that was funny as well.

• Like 6

It's the same spiel with different variations. On the 8th my conductor told us to make a whistle blowing motion (like kids in a school bus I assign a semi) to get the train to whistle.

And speaking of songs I'll tell you all of them. Good,bad,ugly is played in the Rivertown station, bonanza is played until they reach the haunt platform, then it's normally banjo music or its Kokomo. But when they do the banjo music, they switch it to Kokomo when the train is parked in the Soak City station, then it's just Wild Wild West the rest of the ride. They occasionally play cotton eye joe and ghost riders in the sky.

I have all those songs on my iPad.

• Like 2

It's the same spiel with different variations. On the 8th my conductor told us to make a whistle blowing motion (like kids in a school bus I assign a semi) to get the train to whistle.

And speaking of songs I'll tell you all of them. Good,bad,ugly is played in the Rivertown station, bonanza is played until they reach the haunt platform, then it's normally banjo music or its Kokomo. But when they do the banjo music, they switch it to Kokomo when the train is parked in the Soak City station, then it's just Wild Wild West the rest of the ride. They occasionally play cotton eye joe and ghost riders in the sky.

Do you know why they added the air operating swinging bell, whose idea was it to put the bell rope on the engineers side inside of the conductors side?

They played "Cotton Eye Joe" while stopped at the Rivertown station the last time I rode it.

They played "Cotton Eye Joe" while stopped at the Rivertown station the last time I rode it.

Same

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldnt it be nice if they extended the Railraod track all the way around the park, to go from Banshee to Diamondback without having to walk. Might sound lazy but when its 90 degrees out and your wanting to ride and the misses is tired and hot and wanting to leave. That would help me out so much. :-)

• Like 1