Predicting Crowds This Saturday 8/17

RailRider

Something I try and never do is go to any park on a Saturday, but with Little Miss RailRider Starting back to school next week, we are going Saturday.

So my question to everyone that has been visiting on Saturday's this month how have the crowds been and what is your prediction for this Saturday?

How often do you go to the park during the regular season? Do you plan to go back? What does little railrider like to ride? Will you (or others in your party) be riding something while little rail rider waits or does something else? All of those should be factored in.

I haven't been to KI, oustide of the haunt, on a saturday since, well maybe ever. No, I take that back, I took my son when he was 3 a couple years ago right before our daughter was born while my wife was doing something w/ her mother. Aside from Viking Fury and Eiffel Tower, we spent all our time in Planet Snoopy. However, I did go last sunday since my niece was in town. The park was very crowded, perhaps not as crowded as the saturday before, but pretty crowded. I typically base my opinion of how crowded the park is based upon how full the parking lot is when I get there. The lot was pretty full.

Anyhoo, my son, wife and niece waited about 30 min to ride drop zone, they then did Adventure Express and waited about 10 minutes, maybe a shade less. While my wife changed our daughter's diaper, the rest of us went on Racer, it was a 1 or 2 train wait. We then headed over to stunt track and again it was approx a 30 min wait. Next my wife and son got on Vortex, it was about 25 min w/ the line extending near the end of the railing. After Vortex, my son, niece and myself jumped on The Beast, got in line around 5:15, we were back at the picture stand to meet my wife at 6:00. Finally, my wife, son and niece got on boo blasters prior to heading out for dinner, I think they were thru the line and off the ride in about 20-25 min. I guess I'll throw in a ride on the merry go round, which was walk on as usual. I looked over at Diamondback a few other times as well, around 2:00, it appeared to be about a 30 min wait, when we left The Beast, my niece was thinking about jumping on Diamondback if the lines we're too long, but it appeared to be about an hour, so she skipped that.

You might need to add a little time to that, but if you're at the park on a regular basis, and your daughter can wait thru lines of that length, there really is no need to get fast pass unless you want to jump on as many rides as possible. The nice thing about having a season pass and attending regularly, is that you can ride what you want today as your mood or the line fits, and catch something different next time. I'd expect the park to be crowded, but if your there on a regular basis, I don't think there is any pressure to buy a fast pass, little rail rider should have been on everything she loves multiple times this year.

• Like 1

While I completely agree with everything above and Fast Lane is never a consideration since we are season pass holder, Little Miss RailRider just cleared the 48 inch barrier and we haven't been to the park since she grew that extra smidge to get her over the line. She has been dying to ride the big stuff and that is the only reason I am considering Fast Lane because I know how much she will want to ride this Saturday. Then again way may just hit up ERT and hope around the rest of the day to rides with smaller lines and forget spending a huge amount of money to skip lines. Not sure yet, but I appreciate everyones feedback.

I may be more excited for her to start riding the big stuff than she is and she is geeked up.

• Like 5

awesome, my son just hit the 48" mark as well a few weeks ago, it gives you a whole new experience at the park. If you get there for ERT, you won't need the fast passes, unless you plan on riding some other things as well that she isn't tall enough for.

Get on The Beast for ERT, perhaps a couple of times, then I'd head directly over to stunt track as it opens as lines for that can build up to 30-60 min on a saturday I would think. After that, I'd cut across the park and get on drop zone as the lines for that can build up as well. From there, you should be clear. Flight Deck won't have long lines, might as well get on that while your there. come back across Coney and jump on Adventure Express and The Racers. Then the bumper cars for the 48"+ crowd and zephyr, then on to Vortex. The lines for that might be a little long by the time you get there, but Vortex has always moved quickly. At that point, I believe you have all the 48" tall rides taken care of save the upcharged Sling Shot and skyflyer (my 5 year old wants to do them, we're telling him he's got to wait (mostly b/c we don't want to pay the upcharge). If you're on The Beast during ERT, and hit Stunt track right around 10:00, you may have all of the above taken care of noonish. That gives you the rest of the day to enjoy the park at your leasure, re ride what ever she wants. Personally, I'd use the money on a shirt or something to commerate the day, I bought our son a The Beast T-shirt, which I surprised him with when he got off his 1st ride that night.

• Like 1

fof1996 - I want to hit dislike on your post because I can't think of her growing up that quick, booo...

Thanks for the advice medford, I had already been contemplating being there for ERT which was helping me to negate the need for the Fast Lane. I think if we stay ahead of the crowd then all will be good. Thanks for the advice.

This is why I try to avoid Saturdays.

• Like 3

Have fun! GatorGirl reached 48" last season, and just hit 52" a few weeks ago. Her new favorite ride is Delirium, which beat out her former favorite, "The Beast at night". Next milestone will be 54" when she can then ride everything in the park, probably next year. Its always exciting when they hit that next height milestone, but this next one will be the last and I'll be moaning that my little girl is growing up too fast!

• Like 3

Something I try and never do is go to any park on a Saturday, but with Little Miss RailRider Starting back to school next week, we are going Saturday.

So my question to everyone that has been visiting on Saturday's this month how have the crowds been and what is your prediction for this Saturday?

I predict very light crowds. Have fun!

• Like 1

We're taking MrsNC's grand daughter for her birthday, still debating Fast Lane. Seems a bit pricey taking into account she wont be able to get on 3 of the rides it covers. Still unsure though. Wish we could have taken her last Thursday, but her mom, admirably, is shooting for perfect attendance this year. Yes, school started last Monday here.

• Like 2

I'm going today too with my friend. He doesn't really go there and when he does we usually get fast passes but this time we aren't. I'm usually the type of person who avoids August at Kings Island AT ALL COSTS, but this is my last weekend before I have football games to go to every Friday night till November so I won't have much more time to go to one of Ohios "happiest places".

• Like 1