Intanim dying a slow death?

Tr0y

All the issues surrounding intanim lately, intimidator 305 closed, shoot the rapids closed, xcelerator closed... El toro closed... Skyrush and intimidator 305s retracking and restraint issues... Last month i was at Cedar Point, top thrill dragster and maverick were operating sporadically. I was at kings dominion today and intimidator 305 was closed.... Not to bash intanims my favorite coaster is millenium force but I'm growing frustrated paying all this money to see these beautiful intanims SBNO... It seems that The last couple of years B&M has been manufacturing more coasters and has been Cedar Fairs new go to manufacture which used to be intanim.... Are we seeing the downfall of intanim as we know it?

• Like 2

I'm sure one day, Intamin will go the way of Arrow. It'll be "that company" that many parks have rides from, yet is no longer actively designing rides. If that'll be anytime in our lifetimes, or if B&M will bite the dust first, I don't know.

Whether or not Intamin's best days are behind them remains to be seen. Personally, I hope not, because competition is just alright with me.

I blame everyone, noone is solving the problems correctly because everyone is bickering and still earning a min of 167K with full pension and benefits after one term...

Meanwhile military members get 50% pension after 20 years of service or 75% after 30 years of service...

And the military retirement after 19 years of service is NOTHING!

• 3 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings. I love Intamin and appreciate their contributions to the coaster world as they have made some of the best rides man has ever known, but yes reliability just isn't quite there. For example, when one goes to Cedar Point, you normally will see a coaster go down and 80% of the time it always seems to be one of their Intamin rides. Not saying none of the other rides break down, but there has been more than one occasion where I have gone to ride say TTD and it breaks down, only to walk over to Maverick and it too is also down. This happened to me quite a lot in past visits. I was lucky to get at least one ride on each of their Intamin coasters.

That same 3 day visit back in 2010, I remember waiting in line for Wicked Twister when there was an issue with one of the wheel assemblies. Me and my friends stood there and watched the mechanics work on whatever problem was there. All I know is that once the coaster was back up and running, everyone that had been watching avoided that set of seats lol I gotta say it was rather amusing.

One manufacturer that I cannot believe is still around is premier.

They had all kinds of issues with headbanging, severe downtime with the mr. freezes. Batman & Robin the Chiller never worked properly, got the zero g's taken out and eventually got torn down.

Premier rides may be more complex than say b&m but are now sticking to smaller scale coasters. Their innovativeness does not even compare to Intamins. If intamin stuck to the run of the mill coasters for reliability then I would not travel thousands of miles to ride any coaster.