Old fort coney?

CP&LERR Fan

What's the story behind the house inside old fort coney?

My understanding is that the owner of the house was a holdout on the property in that area and only sold the property to KI as long as the house, that the owner built by hand, was to remain standing, So KI bought the property and built the fort around it to hide it, but it remains standing.

• Like 4

It was also used for the live actors to use as a "dressing room" when the train had them. I went inside that house back in the late 90's and it was pretty creepy. I wish I would have taken some pics inside though...

The ride announcer said it was haunted by a girl.

It was also used for the live actors to use as a "dressing room" when the train had them. I went inside that house back in the late 90's and it was pretty creepy. I wish I would have taken some pics inside though...

I never heard that one when I worked there...

He said at night a little girl haunts the house and chaces the train at night.

I blame the show Ghost Hunters after their visit to the park.

• Like 8

You mean Missouri Jane? She is a little girl that Haunts the train at night. Engineers and park guests have reported a little girl in a blue dress chasing the trains at night. She is buried in the cemetery right next to the park. They talk about her on the train ride during Halloween Haunt and she was also on an episode of Ghost Hunters

• Like 2

You mean Missouri Jane? She is a little girl that Haunts the train at night. Engineers and park guests have reported a little girl in a blue dress chasing the trains at night. She is buried in the cemetery right next to the park. They talk about her on the train ride during Halloween Haunt and she was also on an episode of Ghost Hunters

Yea that's the one.

Yeah....I never heard of that until I saw that episode. The only real ghost story was tower johnny. Thats the one we used to talk about. We used to always blame his ghost when one of the rides in Rivertown would break down. It was rumored that the elevator cables that killed tower johnny are back in a maintenance graveyard behind Beast. There are cables back there but not sure if they really are from the incident.

Yeah....I never heard of that until I saw that episode. The only real ghost story was tower johnny. Thats the one we used to talk about. We used to always blame his ghost when one of the rides in Rivertown would break down. It was rumored that the elevator cables that killed tower johnny are back in a maintenance graveyard behind Beast. There are cables back there but not sure if they really are from the incident.

I've actually heard of Missouri for years well before the show aired (actually have my own experiences... o_o none of which have to do with the train tho as they happened around WWC). Just stating since the show it seems the employees now include her into the ride as more people been curious of her, I guess. The fact everyone seems to know of her now is new when tower Johnny for the longest time was the most talked about. (at least from what I seen during my years there)

• Like 1

It's funny how the little girl in the blue dress story got so misconstrued over time! The ORIGINAL story was about a girl in a blue dress seen around the white water canyon ponds. They say that the ponds were there before Kings Island, and that she may have died in the pond on the original property. It is also said that she would chase the trams not the trains! The old parking lot trams that would take you out into the parking lot. After they removed those the story got mutated into her chasing the KI&MV Railroad. There used to be a really great haunted Kings Island topic on KIC a long time ago.

• Like 3

It's funny how the little girl in the blue dress story got so misconstrued over time! The ORIGINAL story was about a girl in a blue dress seen around the white water canyon ponds. They say that the ponds were there before Kings Island, and that she may have died in the pond on the original property. It is also said that she would chase the trams not the trains! The old parking lot trams that would take you out into the parking lot. After they removed those the story got mutated into her chasing the KI&MV Railroad. There used to be a really great haunted Kings Island topic on KIC a long time ago.

Just remember, my friend, Ghost Hunters is just a TV show. :)

• Like 1