Old fort coney?

CP&LERR Fan

My grand parents worked down at the King Powder Company during the 20's to 40's are very aware of all of the explosions they had. That is why the shops were strung along the river so that if one blew, they all would not blowup. I used to hike and explore all along the river where the buildings were located. Also, there were lots of train wrecks along the tracks down there. When I was a kid, I was always kidded by other boys that I should watch out for the lions that had escaped when a circus trained had derailed. That was always one of the rumors that I was always told about that I did not believe.

• Like 2

I remember playing on monkey bars as a kid in my school play ground.

This is a little different. Just across the river from the old plant is a bar I think it's called the whistle stop now. They had a cage that hung out the front of the building and a monkey would sit there and people would give it cigarettes to smoke.

• Like 2

This is a little different. Just across the river from the old plant is a bar I think it's called the whistle stop now. They had a cage that hung out the front of the building and a monkey would sit there and people would give it cigarettes to smoke.

haha, I figured it was completely different XD

...........and I think I posted too much today, normally I'm not chatty at all. See ya'll tomorrow. lol

• Like 4

I have had my own experiences, both occurring very close to each other. I don't think I should really talk about it (yet) but it actually brings a very different story concerning place x and it I believe corresponds to a recent occurrence. To Ghost Adventures, I love that show, although work gets in between me and my shows now!

It's not across from the plant, it's on the same side of the river at the next river crossing going south from Kings Mills. The name is The Train Stop and it's a little dive bar that does karaoke on the weekend and gets somewhat wild from time to time.

The name of the monkey is escaping my memory right now but as a child I remember stopping to see him occasionally as we passed through. If I remember I'll post it.

• Like 2

I have had my own experiences, both occurring very close to each other. I don't think I should really talk about it (yet) but it actually brings a very different story concerning place x and it I believe corresponds to a recent occurrence. To Ghost Adventures, I love that show, although work gets in between me and my shows now!

Are you ready to tell?

Are you ready to tell?

Not for a time, possibly November.

I actually stumbled across that place last month while driving around on my way to KI. Looks like an interesting place, though I couldn't tell you how to get there again. It's one more thing that makes me want to follow that bike trail its entire length (from near Terrace Park all the way to Yellow Spring).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I actually stumbled across that place last month while driving around on my way to KI. Looks like an interesting place, though I couldn't tell you how to get there again. It's one more thing that makes me want to follow that bike trail its entire length (from near Terrace Park all the way to Yellow Spring).

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4

Peters Cartridge, right? I'm always fascinated with it. Even always look at it quickly from the top of Flight Deck's lift hill. Such a shame its in such poor condition though :/ I noticed the bridge to nowhere is officially no more. (was there in 2009 but was gone by last spring). Its covered in stress cracks

6876210016_0ab32ac2ab_z.jpg

_1018965 by ki_faerie_wench, on Flickr

Yeah, not a good idea to go wandering around the facility.

Hmm...I may find the owners of the property and ask if I can take a tour of the area and whatnot, pretty interesting. Also seeing how they do SWAT excercises, that'd be interesting to go with :P

But very interesting, I love old stuff like this. Chippewa Lake park up by old house, Rolling Acres (abandoned mall), Geauga Lake (memories/abandoned), all are pretty neat..