2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

Don stated at the Q&A session that KI is lacking in flats, but will have a "pretty complete coaster lineup" next year when Banshee opens. So I'd guess in 2016 or 2017 KI will get a new flat, while in 2015 there will just be some minor park improvements here and there. I'm guessing the next coaster will be in 2019.

• Like 2

I feel that KI will get a GCI or RMC wooden coaster to really top off the line-up. I see that in 2015-17 the park will get many new coney mall flats, PS expansions, and general park improvements and by 2018-19 they will get a new wooden coaster. A top to bottom renovation for The Beast by 2019 (40th anniversary) will also be in the bill. For the 50th I see a Kings Island Museum, Giga coaster, and a full Racer renovation. In that time I predict a removal of Action Theater, A water coaster in Soak City, and a minor family coaster.

• Like 3

I can completely see that. You could wait 10 years adn have it in another area and people would still think it was SoB and that people had died on it.

As for the improvements I would like to see some mroe flats added, especailly something to X-Base to make it feel more like an actual section, as well as a new dark ride, either where Crypt was or in the spot where the Action Theatre sits now. I'm not a big fan of Boo Blasters, it's fun but jsut seems so very cheap, but I woudl rather them build a new one to have 2 than replace it with something else. Though a refurb on ti would be nice as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^Sadly won't be happening..

I just wish to see the theming, some more behind the scenes, and whats still in the building. TR was great, no doubt, but favorite experience post TR was 2011. Inception music was great, it was a fun ride, just terrible ride cycle being I think just two or three flips right?

That fanfare at the end of the ride though, so fitting.

I think they should install another giant topspin and call it the crypt and build it so it won't tear itself apart and make it do all the same stuff as tomb raider. That ride was fun!

I can 100% guarantee that will not happen. A vast number of huss's "Giant Rides" have been discontinued. The crypt at Kings Island was and always will be the worlds ONLY giant top spin

www.hussrides.com. Check out the giant category. Only options are jump 2 and frisbee

I think they should install another giant topspin and call it the crypt and build it so it won't tear itself apart and make it do all the same stuff as tomb raider. That ride was fun!

I can 100% guarantee that will not happen. A vast number of huss's "Giant Rides" have been discontinued. The crypt at Kings Island was and always will be the worlds ONLY giant top spin

www.hussrides.com. Check out the giant category. Only options are jump 2 and frisbee

Ironically I believe one of the photos that the site cycles through is of Tomb Raider: The Ride… :)

• Like 1

I didn't mean full blown Disney I'm talking like something the crypt used to be

Yes, exactly. Disney is selling something, and will make their theming count dollar for dollar. For a theme park with no ulterior motive, there's no need for expensive theming.

I'd like something like a less risqué Bill Tracy style themed dark ride. The sculpting technology today could create a fun, individual look for not five tons of money.

I thought the design for Phantom Theatre was cute and well executed, just a little over the top for the target market in some cases.

I'm surprised HUSS even still offers Giant Jump2s... Only one I can think of is Wonderlands, which seems to be closed more often than it's open...

I'm still a proponent for a HUSS suspended top spin with Kings Dominion's Crypt's rocks and waterfalls in our old Crypt building with our darkness and theatrical lighting. Could be quite a fun (but unrealistic) option!

• Like 4

Tracy risqué?

Did I miss something?

Terpy, laffing in the dark.

Looking back at memories, and seeing the "Laff in the Dark" webpage dedicated to him, there were some elements to his rides that would cause a middle aged woman to dislocate her child's arm dragging him to the manager to complain about the liquor jokes and the lacy slips showing, insisting that such jokes were hurting her child.

I think I've armed myself so much over the years against oversensitivity to that I mentally apply "The Old Bat Factor" mental lens when looking at any sort of artistic expression.

I love Bill Tracy- his funhouses are a 3d 'talking bar napkin', but therein lies the rub- I knew what a talking bar napkin was at ten. Today some old bag would be Shocked! Shocked, I tell you! That fun was going on in a funhouse.

In 1984, I worked in a movie theatre, and a woman stormed my counter complaining that during a matinee, her children saw a trailer showing Goldie Hawn in bed with a man, and it was DISGRACEFUL!

I then informed her that while she was complaining about "Private Benjamin"' her children were alone in the theatre, watching a young lady get disemboweled while being dragged across the ceiling.

Who would bring preteen children to a showing of "Nightmare on Elm Street"?

• Like 3