2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

For 2015...I predict a revamping of Octoberfest with a Gemini Midway type makeover with a couple of new rides. Pehaps a Giant Wheel and a reboot of the Bayern Curve on one side of the pond and a Tilt-A-Wirl by the Bier Garten on the other side. Plus, also perhaps atmosphere lighting with may pole flags, or banners.

I would love a revamping and expansion in some manner of Oktoberfest. A couple small flats wouldn't be too expensive and could add a lot to it. Think some good additions would be a Flying Scooters ride or spinning barrels or Tilt-A-Whirl

If they add a Flying Scooters Ride, Guess who will be first in line! THIS GUY! :)

• Like 6

I think the park needs a new dark ride :) . change Boo's Blasters or The Crypt building getting changed to a new dark ride. Make it more of a "mature" dark ride (ex. Revenge of the Mummy).

In The Crypt building there is no where near enough space for that unless they put some of it underground... Which is a huge money eater...

^He may not necessarily be referring to the type of coaster that Revenge of the Mummy is (LIM Dark Coaster), but instead its theme / setting - an intense roller coaster with a dark ride overlay. There are plenty of coasters that could fit into Crypt's building with this theme, my top choice being an El Loco from S&S themed to a mine, similar to Dollywood's Mystery Mine.

• Like 2

^He may not necessarily be referring to the type of coaster that Revenge of the Mummy is (LIM Dark Coaster), but instead its theme / setting - an intense roller coaster with a dark ride overlay. There are plenty of coasters that could fit into Crypt's building with this theme, my top choice being an El Loco from S&S themed to a mine, similar to Dollywood's Mystery Mine.

I don't know how you guys think a rollercoaster could fit in that tiny area... I see what you mean but it would have to be tightly compacted in that small area... And it would be an extremely short ride...
  • Like 3

I would love to see something like Mystery Mine go in to the area where The Crypt stands. It would fit great in that area and looks like a fun ride.

• Like 8

This may not be for 2015, but I think I found the Location already for Kings Island's next coaster?

I'm not saying this WILL be the next location, but it's a good possibility. The red line is just a main area, the Yellow is a possibility for a larger coaster.

rdfe3456_zpsca66fe33.png

This entire area is like a big valley, and might be nice for a new skyline addition to Action Zone. But We might also be looking at a Coney Mall Expansion within the upcoming years (I'm not talking about this area being Coney Mall, I'm talking about Coney Mall actually being expanded.

Talking about this location, they might even have Congo Falls removed. When is the last time the ride has gotten a large line? You don't even have to ride the ride to get wet. I think they might remove Congo to make away for another coaster. But WHAT kind of coaster? Maybe a RMC? (Rocky Mountain Coaster)

As said, this might not be a 2015 post, but no reason to make a post about this.

• Like 1

There's absolutely no reason to remove all those trees at the front of the park for a coaster that could easily go behind Banshee, Adventure Express, or Firehawk.

Also, lines do not indicate popularity. Flight Deck almost never had a line, but that doesn't mean it was unpopular.

• Like 14

This may not be for 2015, but I think I found the Location already for Kings Island's next coaster? 

I'm not saying this WILL be the next location, but it's a good possibility. The red line is just a main area, the Yellow is a possibility for a larger coaster.

rdfe3456_zpsca66fe33.png

Parking lot: The Ride.

• Like 12

I'm not saying this WILL be the next location, but it's a good possibility. The red line is just a main area, the Yellow is a possibility for a larger coaster.rdfe3456_zpsca66fe33.png

Parking lot: The Ride.

razmataz, who couldn't help himself.

Oh gosh please no.

BB1, who doesn't want pebbles in his sandals, nor the bumpy ride that would be a Intamin Pavement-Mobile, which would probably break down due to tires popping, or the pavement breaking.

• Like 1

There's absolutely no reason to remove all those trees at the front of the park for a coaster that could easily go behind Banshee, Adventure Express, or Firehawk.

Also, lines do not indicate popularity. Flight Deck almost never had a line, but that doesn't mean it was unpopular.

I completely agree since this is talking about KI. What I find funny is that if this was about CP, a lot of people would be like "Tear down the trees! Build a new coaster!"

Whereas is looks like many KI fans truly care about park aesthetics and the whole environment, CP fans are just crazy for the next big coaster. Not always the case, but I see this more often than not. Just an interesting observation.

• Like 9

I look at the picture above, and I ask myself the same question I've asked many times, but have never seen an answer for (not that I'd expect Don or anyone else that may have the correct answer to bring me into the loop), just how much money does the Christian Rock Fesitval make for KI? I happened to be at the park last year when it was going on. I forgot all about until I pulled into the parking lot and it was packed (which for mid-week is sort of rare) and started seeing a bunch of Skillet shirts on people walking thru the park. Anyhoo, while the parking lot was crowded, the actual park wasn't significantly more crowded than a typical mid week crowd that I've come to expect. When we were leaving that night, you could hear the crowd singing in unison to whichever band happened to be on stage at that moment, so for those that attend, its definently a popular event.

However, I can't think of any other events that make use of Timberwolf these days. The Sean Hannity tour did for a couple of years, but that is over. Anything else? Does the Christian Rock festival make enough money for the park to cover the cost of maintanence associated with that area? As the picture shows, that is a very large area. A good area for a small "family" coaster and some flats. Though it would cost a fortune to bring all that land "up to grade" as it slopes down to the stage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Personally, I think that we'll just see some park improvements. Possibly more black top being replaced with brick pavers like they did in Coney Mall. But in the future, which I'm most certainly open to have done for 2015, would be a few more flats and a Dark Ride possibly like Wonder Mountain's Guardian to be built in that metal box that is sitting in Rivertown. Hmmmm.... Rivertown's Guardian? The Curse of Rivertown? It could work, but regardless of the name it could be an excellent Dark Ride.

Gemini XL-200, who is a minor Dark Ride Enthusiast (excluding Kiddy Dark Rides), in addition to being an extremely major Coaster Enthusiast.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I think we can expect something more then just pavers for next year...

Look up north they got a more expensive ride, with a new entrance and all that jazz...and the next year they are getting quite a bit, Lake Erie Eagles, PipeScream, and retheming of other rides aswell.

Perhaps we can see a Planet Snoopy expansion... :D

• Like 1

I think with the addition of Banshee this season, I don't see anything major coming in 2015. But it is possible that a new flat ride or so could be added, in addition to a possible Royal Fountain show and International Street restoration. Hopefully the park gets a Tilt-A-Whirl, or even a new Cuddle Up for Coney Mall.