2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

We just happened to be at the park last year while Spirit Song was going on. Besides enjoying a great concert while being on Drop Tower, from that vantage point it was clear that the entire amphitheater was filled. I doubt it will be going anywhere anytime soon.

• Like 5

That would be a great idea. Likewise with Cedar Point. Several years ago when Carly Rae Jepsen performed on the Luminosity Stage, I was hoping that would be the start of a series of concerts at the park. I've been disappointed that there have been no other major concerts like that since. (excluding Point Fest)

The Carly Rae concert was a nightmare operations wise.

It wouldn't be hard at Kings Island because they have a proper venue for it. Timberwolf needs updated, but I think it would be great for KI to have concerts every once in a while with bands that have medium levels of popularity.

• Like 8

It would be great if KI would have a season long concert line-up.

Kings Island used to have many more concerts in Timberwolf, but the venue isn't as ideal for most major bands anymore, especially with Riverbend Music Center, US Bank Arena, and other newer locations close by.

• 4 weeks later...

I dont' expect anything major for 2015 but I think there is a chance for a new ride or two but be something small like Flying Scooters or something. Most of the other Cedar Fair parks seemed to get them this year that didn't already, so I could see them making a return next year. Would be fairly cheap and allow them to still advertise something new coming.

• Like 1

I think the next major renovation will be a sprucing up of Coney Mall including repainting of buildings, lighting, possibly music, and a couple flat rides.

I wouldn't expect anything for a couple years though.

• Like 1

It would be great if KI would have a season long concert line-up.

Kings Island used to have many more concerts in Timberwolf, but the venue isn't as ideal for most major bands anymore, especially with Riverbend Music Center, US Bank Arena, and other newer locations close by.

Weird Al doesn't even play there anymore. If a venue isn't even good enough for Weird Al, that should say everything you need to know.

• Like 4

I would like to see direct park access resort hotels on site. Wouldn't it be cool to have a hotel just outside of Soak City where guests could have before and after hours access to Soak City?. How about a camp ground somewhere on the river way back behind The Beast on Union Run Road with bus, tram or horse drawn wagon access back to River Town. Perhaps maybe a turn of the century resort somewhere behind X-Base with access to Coney Mall. Maybe there could be a German Village resort behind Adventure Express with bridge access to Oktoberfest. I'm going to go as far as suggesting moving part of the front maintenance area and adding a Peanuts resort near the front of the park. I'd even suggest year round booking to keep them full and active year round.

• Like 6

Earlier in this forum, someone mentioned $100m, saying that Cedar Fair doesnt have that kind of money to put towards one park in one season. Where are these facts? How much do you think Cedar Fair actually has that if they wanted to, they could put out a year? I personally think they probably have a lot more than that.

I would love to see a wild mouse in The Crypt building, maybe keep the themeing or change it to be like Wonder Mountain's Guardian @ Canada's Wonderland

That would be coiol, but then you would have people complaining about ride capacity! <_<

• Like 2