2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

Yea whic is unfortunate. Slingshot takes up a nice spot of real estate for any Oktoberfest expansion and would fit much better in either X-Base or Action Zone. But I agree I don't see it getting moved.

Would lvoe to see Oktoberfest get a revamp and a couple new flats to help round out the selection at the park. Or a new thrill ride flat and some restrooms in X-Base to make it more of it's own true zone. It looks like there is enogh space for some small additions liek that and maybe a food stand and/or gift shop in that area without even having to worry about any of the existing buildings. Just have to move some of the trees.

• Like 1

I would turn Action Zone into a fantasy type theme such as fairies, elves, pixies, mermaids, ghosts, etc. it would be similar to what the Paramount Park in Spain has with their "Woodland Fantasy" or whatever it's called to match the Banshee theme.

it's like what Disney had planned at Animal Kingdom with their "Beastly Kingdom" which was never built. I could see something like that at Kings Island.

Expand the park??

I doubt it.
I don't remember who but didn't one park official in an interview once say something along the lines of not wanting the park to become too massive? So that walking doesn't become too big of a task?

I'm ready for many more cool flats to come to KI. I don't use many of the ones we have, so it'd be cool if in the future we saw more thrilling flats.

• Like 2

Expand the park??

I doubt it.

I don't remember who but didn't one park official in an interview once say something along the lines of not wanting the park to become too massive? So that walking doesn't become too big of a task?

I'm ready for many more cool flats to come to KI. I don't use many of the ones we have, so it'd be cool if in the future we saw more thrilling flats.

Kings Island does follow a pattern, ride, park improvement and then water park.

So you heard something..but you didn't

Like idk where they will expand at. I heard from a supervisor who works merchandise. He said he heard rumours. (We were talking to him while waiting to go in dino at dark)

Cdeq, under the TOS, you can't post that without naming the park employee, so that Cedar Fair can reward them appropriately.

As for patterns, Cedar Fair has new top management. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

"reward them" hehe... since it was someone that works in merchandising maybe that expansion will be a new "$10 and under" store, I'm on the edge of my seat :)

• Like 3

The Eleven Commandments, in case you forgot:

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before God.

2. Thou shalt not make any idols.

3. Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain.

4. Thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy.

5. Honor thy father and mother.

6. Thou shalt not commit murder.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not give false testimony about his (or her) neighbor.

10. Thou shalt not covet.

11. Thou shalt not mess with Adventure Express, or else NOW YOU WILL PAY.

;)

• Like 13

Guest dtk1376

Adventure Express is going no where, it was never meant to be an extreme thrill ride coaster. It just needs it's SFX restored and it will be back to fulfilling it's niche it's meant to fill.

• Like 1

I rode Adventure Express after dark last night, and it was fantastic. As much as I would love for the effects to be working, zipping through dark tunnels removed the deteriorated non-functional effects from the experience, and let me fully realize that it is simply a great ride, even without effects. The only negative of the ride itself (ignoring effects) is the anti-climax of ending with the lift hill, but that is countered by the cool experience of getting to take right off in the beginning without having to be slowed down by a lift hill.

• Like 4

I rode Adventure Express after dark last night, and it was fantastic. As much as I would love for the effects to be working, zipping through dark tunnels removed the deteriorated non-functional effects from the experience, and let me fully realize that it is simply a great ride, even without effects. The only negative of the ride itself (ignoring effects) is the anti-climax of ending with the lift hill, but that is countered by the cool experience of getting to take right off in the beginning without having to be slowed down by a lift hill.

It's been awhile since I rode AE. The only effects I remember not running were the fog machines. What other effects are not functioning?

Some Kennywood fans wanted that--and ended up with Garfield in the Old Mill.

I've been to Kennywood twice, both times was in the Garfield era. I ride Garfield's Nightmare and dream of how cool it must have been before Garfield came along.

• Like 1

It's been awhile since I rode AE. The only effects I remember not running were the fog machines. What other effects are not functioning?

There's discussion about it on the third page of this thread: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29687-backlot-stunt-coaster-special-effects-removed/page-3

Much of what is there as theming now used to either do something and/or looked better than now.

• Like 1