2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

I think that they should get more in touch with Cincinnati's Irish Heritage, and maybe start construction on a new Irish themed area...although this is probably not going to happen in the next 10 years.

Bush Gardens Williamsburg has an Irish section and a great Irish dancing show. The show is great and they even offer a dinner where you get to meet with the performers. I wish Kings Island would bring back some of that international charm that it once had and the shops on international street were truly international.

• Like 1

I think that they should get more in touch with Cincinnati's Irish Heritage, and maybe start construction on a new Irish themed area...although this is probably not going to happen in the next 10 years.

Bush Gardens Williamsburg has an Irish section and a great Irish dancing show. The show is great and they even offer a dinner where you get to meet with the performers. I wish Kings Island would bring back some of that international charm that it once had and the shops on international street were truly international.

The park is getting a 500 foot, triple inversion, 90 mph wooden roller coaster in 2015 that will go under the fountain in a glass tunnel. It's station will be the old SOB station and it will interact with Banshee, Flight Deck, and Adventure Express before travelling over the midway to the fountain. It will then feature a flyover over the main entrance before heading back toward the station. It will be built by Intamin and the track and wooden supports will be green. It will be the longest wooden coaster in the world, claiming The Beast's spot so that way the park can say they have the two longest wooden coasters in the world. Construction will start for this new ride before Banshee is completed.

This is 100% true information. Everything I just told you is a complete fact, since I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy.

A 500 ft wooden coaster seems a little dangerous.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If KI is doing something more tame for 2015 something similar to Dollywood's Adventure Mountain would be nice. It was a ropes course that had different levels of difficulty and would be a nice family addition to Rivertown. Dollywood did mysteriously remove the attraction only after a couple of years although it seemed real popular so I am not sure why they removed it. If anyone knows the real story for its removal I am curious to know.

• Like 6

If KI is doing something more tame for 2015 something similar to Dollywood's Adventure Mountain would be nice. It was a ropes course that had different levels of difficulty and would be a nice family addition to Rivertown. Dollywood did mysteriously remove the attraction only after a couple of years although it seemed real popular so I am not sure why they removed it. If anyone knows the real story for its removal I am curious to know.

Their newest coaster (I forget the name) replaced it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Their newest coaster (I forget the name) replaced it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Yes they put in the Firechaser roller coaster. It just seems weird that they spent A LOT of money on Adventure Mountain (and it was very popular) to only replace it in a few years. Are they that landlocked that they couldn't just build Firechaser roller coaster somewhere else? There has to be more to this story!

• Like 1

Can't speak for Dollywood or any other ropes course except for the one I worked around and near at camp. The lines had to be checked daily, crew had to be over 18, waivers signed, etc. I can see how it would be expensive to maintain for an amusement park.

• Like 1

Can't speak for Dollywood or any other ropes course except for the one I worked around and near at camp. The lines had to be checked daily, crew had to be over 18, waivers signed, etc. I can see how it would be expensive to maintain for an amusement park.

Thanks for explaining about how these type of courses work. You would think Dollywood would have had the insight to know these things before they built it unless getting bad information from the manufacturer. Just glad they have kept Mystery Mine, it is fun and themed very well.

However, with kiddy rides, they are almost always new to someone. Not many stay in that area once they are able to ride the big rides.... But a dedicated stage show in that area (indoors perhaps?) with a more enhancing family ride that children of 2-222 can enjoy would be great as well....

A kids area would be the spot to have more than any to have multiple shows and characters walking around....

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I agree about the bathrooms in Planet Snoopy, I know people yell about wanting one in X-Base a lot on here. But generally you have adults over in X-Base that can hold it until they get down to the end of Coney Mall, that's not the case for Planet Snoopy which could use one over by Woodstock Express.

• Like 6

I think they need another attraction in X-Base before they legitimately need to put bathrooms over there. Walking to Vortex, or to the end of Coney Mall is not really that far of a walk for bathrooms IMO. I'm going to have to agree that, Planet Snoopy is in need of another bathroom before X-Base gets.

• Like 2