2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

Well, it's obviously something big enough to warrant a press conference, so I'd presume it's more than just the usual park improvements...

We also have two ride platforms in Coney Mall that are currently vacant. I noticed Flight Commander's has had all the Dinosaur's Alive theming removed while I was there last weekend.

• Like 3

I'm starting to wonder if it's about what's rumored to be going inside the good ol' tan box we all know & love. If it is, I hope the Madam moves her Cavern of Terror to another location in the park

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Well, it's obviously something big enough to warrant a press conference, so I'd presume it's more than just the usual park improvements...

We also have two ride platforms in Coney Mall that are currently vacant. I noticed Flight Commander's has had all the Dinosaur's Alive theming removed while I was there last weekend.

Btw, when is Dinosaurs Alive's contract with Cedar Fair suppose to end?! & I wonder if they'll be removing WindSeeker in the near future (since it's hardly ever open due to the "awesome" Ohio weather & just technical issues in general)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have a strange, odd, gut feeling that Kings Island is going to make a surprising, out-of-left field announcement sometime this season. Something we didn't see coming (unless there of some of we on here that are well-connected). I have no ties to Kings Island or the amusement industry, but just a feeling I have. We shall see!

• Like 7

I'm not even thinking of the normal things..not rides...or even something like DA, or a special event. It may even be an announcement that might not sound so great initially, but I think it will be totally unexpected. Just thought I'd post because I've been thinking it since I visited in October. You know how you just get a feeling?

• Like 1

So an IS redo like maybe a new shop or front of a new shop? Maybe a big roller coaster for a ride? Or like a kiddie ride? That would be new for 16 right?

In all honesty, if KI came out tomorrow and said "hey for 2016 (I wish 2015) we are giving all the coasters a new coat of a paint, the buttons on Dino's Alive will be fixed, the clock will be fixed in Octoberfest, the flower clock will be better than ever, and a new dark ride in Planet Snoopy I would sign up for my '16 pass right now.

• Like 3

2016 will probably be a Soak City addition....plus other stuff.

I agree 2016 will most likely be some type of ride(s) for Soak City. They need to add another toilet ride (sorry that is what my family calls it--don't know the real name) since it is so popular and has an incredible long line all the time. A well themed dark ride like DarkCastle at Bush Gardens Williamsburg would be nice or like the Spiderman ride at Universal Florida.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a strange, odd, gut feeling that Kings Island is going to make a surprising, out-of-left field announcement sometime this season. Something we didn't see coming (unless there of some of we on here that are well-connected). I have no ties to Kings Island or the amusement industry, but just a feeling I have. We shall see!

plans to add an Intamin giga coaster in the foreseeable future?

Giga Coaster- possibly, and with the invert now covered that's actually a fairly good chance of being KI's next big coaster's style. Intamin...probably not so much due to their current rocky relationship with Cedar Fair (I'd assume any Intamin coasters Cedar Fair adds from here on would likely start small and tried-and-true to try and rebuild trust- they very likely won't just dive in and do something crazy...and that's if Cedar Fair touches Intamin at all). So it'll probably be a B&M Giga like Leviathan or Fury 325 (though likely even taller, faster, and longer than both since that seems to be a current trend). As for when, it will probably be a few years. 2016 is highly unlikely, so it'd be 2017 or later at earliest...and probably more like 2019 or something. Though if Fury 325 gets glowing reviews (Leviathan has been reviewed very well by those who have ridden it so that looks good already for Fury), they may decide to speed things up a bit and add one a bit sooner. I'd still think 2019 though. With smaller additions in between (More flats, dark rides, maybe a kids/family coaster, or new waterslides for the waterpark, etc.).

I love speculating about this sort of thing, but I follow a lot of video gaming news (where fans specualte ad nauseum). It's pretty tough for game developers to totally surprise the hard core folks because they always have to file for trademarks etc.

Wouldn't Cedar Fair (or KI, depending on how the business is structured) have to file for, and be granted, construction permits? Not to mention trade/service marks for the name of the attraction/ride? USPTO filings for trade/service marks usually happen a month or two before an announcement (sometimes much longer), not sure about construction permits etc.

I think I found the right thread...there were a few threads that came up on search results because the original got removed (not sure I was actually reading the original, TBH).

Regardless, the one I was reading was a good diversion for while I was eating lunch lol.

• Like 1

plans to add an Intamin giga coaster in the foreseeable future?

That's a little (actually a lot) over my head. I'd say the park is more busy keeping the gated community away down the street right now.

I love speculating about this sort of thing, but I follow a lot of video gaming news (where fans specualte ad nauseum). It's pretty tough for game developers to totally surprise the hard core folks because they always have to file for trademarks etc.

Wouldn't Cedar Fair (or KI, depending on how the business is structured) have to file for, and be granted, construction permits? Not to mention trade/service marks for the name of the attraction/ride? USPTO filings for trade/service marks usually happen a month or two before an announcement (sometimes much longer), not sure about construction permits etc.

Holiday World created a seemingly unrelated shell company to file for their Thunderbird trademark, because they knew enthusiasts would search for it. Only one person found the trademark, and he kept quiet. So there's one way to hide a trademark application.

I'm not sure about construction permits, but I'm guessing they can probably be filed under a code name.

• Like 6

I'd say the park is more busy keeping the gated community away down the street right now.

I don't follow. Could be because I'm new here, don't live local to the park (in Columbus area), or that I spend 8 of the last 9yrs living in TX and I'm out of the loop...