2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

I'd say the park is more busy keeping the gated community away down the street right now.

I don't follow. Could be because I'm new here, don't live local to the park (in Columbus area), or that I spend 8 of the last 9yrs living in TX and I'm out of the loop...

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/30325-kings-island-inn-conference-center-closing-soon/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think that location (the old Kings Island Inn) would be the ideal location to put student worker dorms for the park, if there is such a need.

That is an excellent idea, because if that happend then I would definitly apply at Kings Island, ever since I was little I have wished to work there. This should definitly happen.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I think that location (the old Kings Island Inn) would be the ideal location to put student worker dorms for the park, if there is such a need.

This would especially work for me working at the park! With the Inn gone, and great wolf lodge being expensive, I would have to drive down, and back at least 1 hour every day, 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back. Doing that would save so much time for me... Work during the week, stay at the Inn at night. have the weekends back home. It would be such a nice addition that I hope they add soon. Like with Cedar Point.

Great Wolf Lodge is a registered trademark, and, as such, is always capitalized here.

You do realize Cedar Point employees pay for lodging, and the park has it available because of its resort location?

A half hour commute to work is excessive? I have lived in major metros quite some time now. Many at my place of work spend two to five hours each day commuting.

• Like 7

30 min compared to the cost of keeping 2 residences (I'll assume to told otherwise the weekend residence is mom & dad's and thus "free", but the one close to KI is certainly not "free" to someone, and would eat into a large portion of your earnings).

• Like 2

I have lived in major metros quite some time now. Many at my place of work spend two to five hours each day commuting.

Is that really comparable, though? I'm sure the people willing to commute 2 to 5 hours a day have a job worth doing so for. A career job. Driving that far at the age of 16 or whatever for just a summer job doesn't seem apples to apples to me.

• Like 2

In high school and college, my volunteer and paid jobs were 35-60 minute drives each way. There were limited jobs available and I had to go were they were. I know of quite a few that drive 45-60 minutes now so they can enjoy the country and get away from the city. It is worth it to them.

• Like 1

Agreed a two or more hour commute is probably not worth it to a 16 year old. But most jobs you will have to drive almost 15 mins each way as it is, seems like the other 10/15 mins for a summer job you will enjoy is just the cost of doing business. Heck if you don't count Bridgewater falls (near where I live) you are looking at about a 15/20 minute drive to most "part time job opportunities) as it is. KI is only 30ish because 129 dumps out into Mason. But if Tylersville is busy it is almost 40 min drive

• Like 1

This is sort of off of the current topic, but I am just saying, I REALLY hope Kings Island gets rid of the seat belts on Diamondback this year. I only rode Diamondback 4 times last year all because the lines where long because of how much the capacity was affected. They need to up their capacity game and those seat belts are so loose they are almost unnecessary(I am 6 4' or 6 5' and weigh about 250 pounds).

• Like 5

Hey the Kool-aid is good!!!

I agree though, I hate the seat belts....in 2010 as part of the crew, we were asked by the rides office if we thought the ride could use seat belts...we unanimously voted no. However, we were told if we had any complaints from guests saying their restraints weren't checked or checked properly, they'd be added as soon as possible. However, that was a different time than now.

• Like 8

When I saw this topic the first term I saw was "InvertiBlow". How I miss the old days....

2015 is a great year for me, KK, KI, HW, and the possible CW all of which are getting additions that I am somewhat excited for. (I'm afriad that my neck and head will hate me after T3)I can't wait to get back into the park, 2015 will be marathons on FE (which is IRONically made of it!), and relaxing evening runs on The Beast.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

With Don asking about some other rides at some other park during the Q & A at CoasterStock this could be a sign that there is something in the works. I always look for improvements every new season at the park. A new coaster would always be nice, but I am just as happy to see the guest experience improve through service and food options.

• Like 4

^A little correction, I believe you are talking about Greg Scheid, Kings Island's VP/GM, not Don Helbig, Kings Island's PR, if you mean the questions he asked before Dennis Spiegel's presentation. Unless you're referring to comments made by Don at some other time. They both shave their heads, so it can be sometimes confusing at first which is which.

• Like 4

Please feel free to introduce yourself next time you see me!! I only /look/ forbidding, I actually love to meet new people.

I often have an intensity of purpose as I trek through the park, but unless I'm on my way to Cirque :) I'm rarely on anything other than a self-imposed time crunch. I just like to get quickly where I've decided to go if I don't have anything else going on, but I always have at least some time to chat to new or old friends :)

• Like 7

I think they were referring to the second Coney Mall Arcade, the smaller one between Zephyr and WindSeeker. It was closed late last season to become Kill Mart, and apparently it was decided to keep it as yet another Haunt-only building.

I'm happy they moved the set of Wizard of Oz coin-pushers from it to The Beast Arcade. It gives me a reason (other than AC and shortcut) to stop in there when I'm in that area of the park.

• Like 2

It was open when I went up there a few weeks ago, maybe just wasn't ready by opening day.

Whoops, I should have been more clear. I never actually realized there were more than two in that area. Never noticed the other one.

I think they were referring to the second Coney Mall Arcade, the smaller one between Zephyr and WindSeeker. It was closed late last season to become Kill Mart, and apparently it was decided to keep it as yet another Haunt-only building.

I'm happy they moved the set of Wizard of Oz coin-pushers from it to The Beast Arcade. It gives me a reason (other than AC and shortcut) to stop in there when I'm in that area of the park.

I thought he had mentioned something about the Haunt, but I was hoping that I had just misheard him. *sigh* Personally, I think that's an absolute waste of space then. 

Glad though that they saved the Wizard of Oz coin pushers though! I might have to go check them out next weekend.

• Like 2

Cedar Fair is moving toward more permanent locations for haunts. The cost of labor to tear down haunts after the season has ended (no income coming into the park) rises, is a huge reason I can see contributing to more permanent locations. Also, think about storage for the haunts....as each individual haunt becomes more and more in depth, more and more items for scenery as well as "rooms" are necessary...where would they store it? 

I'd much rather see something go into the Action Theater.....riding WindSeeker and Racer, I noticed how terrible the front of the building looks, can only imagine what the inside feels like. The building needs to stay for tech services, but that's just a small portion. 

• Like 3