2015 talk

shrillcaptinspike

Cedar Fair is moving toward more permanent locations for haunts. The cost of labor to tear down haunts after the season has ended (no income coming into the park) rises, is a huge reason I can see contributing to more permanent locations. Also, think about storage for the haunts....as each individual haunt becomes more and more in depth, more and more items for scenery as well as "rooms" are necessary...where would they store it? 

I'd much rather see something go into the Action Theater.....riding WindSeeker and Racer, I noticed how terrible the front of the building looks, can only imagine what the inside feels like. The building needs to stay for tech services, but that's just a small portion. 

I dont think Action Theater has been open the past few times I've been to KI. I googled just for a few minutes last night wondering what was actually occupying it now, and it mentioned a movie about dinosaurs? I'm going to assume it's gone by now? I really hope that the building becomes occupied soon. A new 5D movie would be a great air conditioned addition to the park.

• Like 1

Cedar Fair is moving toward more permanent locations for haunts. The cost of labor to tear down haunts after the season has ended (no income coming into the park) rises, is a huge reason I can see contributing to more permanent locations. Also, think about storage for the haunts....as each individual haunt becomes more and more in depth, more and more items for scenery as well as "rooms" are necessary...where would they store it? 

I'd much rather see something go into the Action Theater.....riding WindSeeker and Racer, I noticed how terrible the front of the building looks, can only imagine what the inside feels like. The building needs to stay for tech services, but that's just a small portion. 

I dont think Action Theater has been open the past few times I've been to KI. I googled just for a few minutes last night wondering what was actually occupying it now, and it mentioned a movie about dinosaurs? I'm going to assume it's gone by now? I really hope that the building becomes occupied soon. A new 5D movie would be a great air conditioned addition to the park.

There isn't a current attraction in Action Theater right now....one side is occupied by a haunt. I can honestly say, I was not a huge fan at all of how the attraction was after Sponge Bob! 

• Like 1

There isn't a current attraction in Action Theater right now....one side is occupied by a haunt. I can honestly say, I was not a huge fan at all of how the attraction was after Sponge Bob! 

I never rode Spongebob, but I really dislike unused space. I'm sure there's got to be a generic movie they could put in it's spot. 

• Like 2

Who wants a generic movie?

Kentucky Kingdom has done that.

There was a generic movie in there, it was about dinosaurs, and it was bad. Hardly anyone ever went to it, but part of that was because it was an up charge on top of Dinosaurs Alive.

Okay-- here's my idea for a generic movie--

Exploring King's Island through the years

Is that a silly idea? Like, you could follow a little character that shows you some of the old rides from the years. Like, I never got to ride rides like Phantom Theatre or Son of Beast, and they could highlight some of the best. I guess they'd have to skip some of the copy written characters like Scooby Doo or Lara Croft, but there's plenty of rides from the past that don't involve a character.  

• Like 3

It's funny how things sometimes turn out. When Days of Thunder (the first Action Theater attraction) was added, I thought "wow, these acceleration rides are the wave of the future!" Ones only large enough to fit a couple people were brought to malls everywhere. They were popular and fun!

Now interest has dwindled to almost nothing, while classics like Troikas and woodies keep trucking on (ok, some of them). I have to assume maintenance on the acceleration rides, in addition to consumer boredom (I guess that while other rides don't have a story, the scenery is always a little different every time you ride) is what did them in.

I'm sad I missed the Spongebob years.

• Like 6