A ask a employees section

Negative. The park has asked that the site to take the section down previously and doubt they'd appreciate it again. Some employees are on the site, however, the park strongly discourages posting here. Wouldn't be wise.

There are a few former park employees on here, including myself and are able to answer questions you have.

• Like 4

I think this would be more harm than good to keep pestering those who work at such a park with enthusiast questions. I mean come on, we have one of the best employees, Don, on our site, we even made a thread of questions, he is after all the KIPR.

• Like 2

Negative. The park has asked that the site to take the section down previously and doubt they'd appreciate it again. Some employees are on the site, however, the park strongly discourages posting here. Wouldn't be wise.

There are a few former park employees on here, including myself and are able to answer questions you have.

You were a former park employee, cool well mine are about the trains which you might not know anything.

You were a former park employee, cool well mine are about the trains which you might not know anything.

Cool.

I may or may not have worked the train. I may or may not have the knowledge. I may or may not have resources to answer your questions or get the answers to your questions.

As Terpy said, you'd be surprised who knows what.

If you are concerned about your questions being answered only by those who work the KI&MVRR your best bet is to just go to the park and ask them the questions then.

• Like 2

Cool.

I may or may not have worked the train. I may or may not have the knowledge. I may or may not have resources to answer your questions or get the answers to your questions.

As Terpy said, you'd be surprised who knows what.

If you are concerned about your questions being answered only by those who work the KI&MVRR your best bet is to just go to the park and ask them the questions then.

I did some of that on my trip last Thursday. I hope to go back to KI next year

I actually remember the old "employees only" section, which was here when I joined as an employee back in 2005. It was fun, but definitely an issue (many things posted there would not have been allowed in other sections, and even then, the park did question you about posting information that wasn't public knowledge - I even got written up for a mistake I'd made after I had posted about it in an "employee screwups" topic). Looking back, I'm actually surprised such a section ever existed, as it would be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved.

• Like 1

Does KI have editorial control over KIC? Last I checked, KIC is not owned or operated by KI. Even if employees follow the KI guide lines as stated in the handbook, it seems they still take exception to them being members here, even if they do it on their own time and on their own computers.

• Like 1

Ohio is an at will state. Employees have a right to free speech. Kings Island and/or Cedar Fair has a right to terminate any employee for any reason or no reason, as long as it does not illegally discriminate and abides by any contract of employment.

The site wants to remain in the good graces of Kings Island and Cedar Fair. Posts that could disparage Kings Island or injure it or its employees, agents, contractors or associates can be and often are removed. See the Terms of Service.

Likewise, employees of Kings Island who the company believes are damaging to its business can be and often are removed. It's that way in real life, business and government.

• Like 5