FAST PAY GOOD IDEA BY CEDAR POINT

jdf21972

Don't like the idea.....harder to track purchases and can easily be lost. What is the hacking potential? What if a person with a band walks past a register and purchases someone else's items. I see many problems ahead with possible identity theft and hacking of band frequencies, etc, etc, etc.

This must be tested thoroughly for all system flaws.

Dorney Park is offering reusable silicone wristbands and a 10% activation bonus. If there's a similar deal at KI, this could be a great deal for season passholders.

What is the hacking potential? What if a person with a band walks past a register and purchases someone else's items.

The fraud potential is probably similar to most credit cards, which now include RFID as well. The wristband would have to be in close proximity to the reader, so purchasing items by accident would not be possible.

Of course, like gift cards, these are bearer instruments. You would need to treat the wristband like cash.

Did you copy the entire webpage?

Also, don't put full articles here, it's best to either put a quote or just the link.

sorry my first post I will remember in the future thank you.

It's ok. Just edit your post to include just a small selection from the article, along with the link.

• Like 2

If they could make this include your season pass info (and just as importantly your picture coming up on the transaction screen so some random person couldn't steal your bracelt and use it quickly) and I'd consider doing this. Otherwise, carrying my wallet in my back pocket has worked alright for me.

• Like 3

Don't like the idea.....harder to track purchases and can easily be lost. What is the hacking potential? What if a person with a band walks past a register and purchases someone else's items. I see many problems ahead with possible identity theft and hacking of band frequencies, etc, etc, etc.

McSalsa took my reply about HW.

Disney World puts your whole vacation on a wristband now, everything from tickets to fast passes to money, on one wristband for each member of your party.

Like Dennis Speigel said, it will encourage impulse spending and make it less of a hassle to whip your hand into your pocket for cash. As long as dollars are still legal tender, I will continue to pay with cash. Lots of people will load their hard earned cash onto this chip and will have no notion how much they have spent and it will not feel like they are using "real" money. People will end up spending more than they had planned and next thing they know, it will cut into their money they had budgeted for other things. I am also worried about the hacking potential that might result from this. But one thing not being said is the tracking potential this will allow the parks. They can track your movements and your buying habits. The parks could even put your season pass data onto it and you do not have to bring any cash or credit/debit cards with you. Just swipe your RFID chip and have a fun day.

Waldameer uses a similar system.

I had my doubts at first, but after using it for the past couple years, the positives far outweigh the negatives. You don't need to carry cash (and subsequent change); just use your credit/ debit card. Parents can purchase cards for kids. Money will not get wet. No issue with getting the incorrect change back.

KI could go a step further & include a season pass to be used a cash that could be charged prior to going to KI, much like a D&B card.

KI also can keep tabs on all the cash. The more hands that touch the cash, the more it could be "lost".

There will be a time that the only way to pay for things in the park will be to use the system.

• Like 2

Disney World puts your whole vacation on a wristband now, everything from tickets to fast passes to money, on one wristband for each member of your party.

I wonder how many patrons have had their eyeballs hit the floor when they realize that the have overspent because it is so much easier to purchase...and since it can be added to every family members bands, everyone can spend freely and fry out their life savings faster. Even if you allocate an amount to the band, it can be spent easier and faster. Again...it's all voluntary....for now.

• Like 2

I wonder how many patrons have had their eyeballs hit the floor when they realize that the have overspent because it is so much easier to purchase...and since it can be added to every family members bands so everyone can spend freely and fry out their life savings. Again...it's all voluntary....for now.

I'm not sure that scenario is possible. I believe once the preloaded amount has been used that's it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk 4

Guys I'm just being devils advocate....think about the future....right now it's preloaded...some of you want a seasons pass added to it...I guarantee that it will escalate to a full on credit card that can be used anywhere in or outside the park...and who knows, there may even be someone who is designing a wristband smart phone and voila you have an all in one device....then it will become "how can we make this even more convenient?"

There is always someone in the technology field "thinking what if we could." Heck identity theft wasn't an issue years ago until someone found a way to do it.

I'm just leery of the big picture...things never happen overnight...

I know I won't participate in this experiment.

I'm personally looking forward to this. I hate carrying stuff in the park. I have had my wallet fall out of my pocket 2 or 3 times from getting up and down. I wish that your pass could be on the wristband as well. I would love not having to take a single thing into the park except for a bracelet that has "cash" on it and my gold pass.

• Like 1

Guys I'm just being devils advocate....think about the future....right now it's preloaded...some of you want a seasons pass added to it...I guarantee that it will escalate to a full on credit card that can be used anywhere in or outside the park...and who knows, there may even be someone who is designing a wristband smart phone and voila you have an all in one device....then it will become "how can we make this even more convenient?"

There is always someone in the technology field "thinking what if we could." Heck identity theft wasn't an issue years ago until someone found a way to do it.

I'm just leery of the big picture...things never happen overnight...

I know I won't participate in this experiment.

You are literally referring to a credit card which card holders can earn points.

For Disney to offer what you suggest, they would have to be their own licensed bank. They still have an agreement with Visa for such things.

I just remembered two years ago my wife found an envelope with 100 dollars or so on the floor of our Beast ride. The envelope had a boy and girls name on it, so she gave it to the ride-op who said he would give it to his supervisor. I assume a parent wrote their names on it but should have put a phone number as well so we could have called them to say we turned it in. The fastpay system would be ideal for parents with older kids who split up at the park.

This is another step towards going to a cashless society. Rather than receive a paycheck and receive cash for it, have it and all funds deposited into a debit card or an RFID chip device. You can bet the IRS would like this as a means to do away with the underground economy where people are paid in cash on the side. The government would want their share of the taxes that they are loosing right now and with that, be able to spend even more. But I hope that day never comes and I refuse to partake in the use of said device.

• Like 1